21. Desperation At Its Finest

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21. Desperation At Its Finest

--------

A/N: LOL my chapter titles are getting worst! Don't mind it okay?! ;)

--------

Dara glanced at her watch and then across from where they are. It's been fifteen minutes since she had arrived from the said meeting place with Bom. The friend was rather curious what Dara wanted to meet for.

"Are we just going to keep swinging here?" Bom asked as she swing slowly. "I mean we're too old to be in this playground."

"Unnie!" Dara got up from her swing as she sees who she was waiting for.

"Be careful," her friend got up and held her arm. "May I remind you, you are pregnant."

"Oh," she sighed. "Sorry."

"So who are we stalking?" Bom looked at Dara suspiciously.

"I'm not stalking..." Dara puffed. "I'm observing!"

"So who are we observing?" her friend rolled her eyes.

"Him," Dara pointed at the man across. Bom turned her gaze across the street and found a guy in khaki pants and a light blue polo. His hair was styled carefully and the round specs made him look like a nerd.

"We're looking at the nerd?" Bom asked.

"According to this," Dara pulled a paper out of her purse and showed it to Bom. "Lee Donghae is a kindergarten teacher. He's 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 50-60 kg. He's two years younger than me and still single."

"So what if he's single?" she looked at Dara curiously. "Are you saying you like him?"

"Yah! I only said he's single because it said here and that doesn't mean I want to be with him," Dara explained. "And plus I have a boyfriend..."

Bom smirked seeing how the girl blush saying such word.

"I see you finally acknowledged the guy as your boyfriend," her friend teased making her blush even more. "But really Dara... how sure are you if he's the one?"

"I actually don't know...but..." Dara remembered what she saw in Mrs. Kwon's office. "I have a way!"

"Oh hell no! I am not breaking another law here Dara!" Bom spat making Dara shake her head.

"No unnie!" she insisted. "I remembered what I saw yesterday."

"What?" she looked at her puzzled.

"Jiyong's mother asked me to get a file in her office," she started. "And guess what I found?"

"What?" Bom nervously uttered.

"My files!" she excitedly said. "That's right! My files from the hospital was there! And you know unnie, I'm so curious why she has them. I mean will she confront me one of these days about my pregnancy. And will she break Jiyong and I...Oh god that will break Jiyong's heart and I don't think I'll be able to..." Bom covered Dara's mouth as she kept on talking.

"What do you mean she has your files?" she asked.

"I told you I saw my files from the bank in her office," Dara  repeated. "I was ready to open it but Secretary Kim had beaten me to it. And I didn't want him to think I was snooping."

"Oh yes you are," Bom said. "So you didn't see who the donor was?"

"No, but unnie," she looked at her like she was given hope. "I can go back there and look at it and maybe I'll finally know who's the donor was. I mean not that I'm all interested or after him...you know what I mean unnie. It'll make things easier for me."

"Dara," Bom held Dara still after all the girl was getting too excited. "Stop!" she sternly said. "You need to stop okay? This is not helping you at all. Dara a bank is a bank, donors are kept private where people who receives their doesn't need to know who it came from. All that matter is that you accept this responsibility alone, or in this case with Jiyong."

"But I'm not after him unnie," Dara whispered. "I just want..." she stopped realizing what she was doing.

"You have Jiyong," she reminded her. "Remember he's going to be the father and your child will recognize him as the father...and plus his bloodline is probably thicker you'd know once its born..."

"What?" Dara didn't quite understand what Bom said towards the end after all the girl started mumbling.

"I meant to say," Bom faintly smiled. "Your baby will recognize Jiyong as the father..."

"But what if we don't even get that far?" she frowned making her unnie sigh.

"He'll be forced then..." she mumbled again and Dara didn't get it again. "I mean he'll take responsibility...I know I disklike the guy, but you know what his effort has been great. I mean he's been there for you and you shouldn't doubt that in him."

"I guess," Dara nodded. "I should trust him. He's been a great help and the amount of love he's been giving me is enough. I guess I should try harder to give that back to him."

"Hey he's not forcing you to give all out," Bom reminded her. "So don't rush it, when you know it you'd feel it. But really Dara we need to stop this. It's not healthy for you nor the baby and most of all if Jiyong finds out what you've been doing, he'd be devastated."

"You're right," Dara tore her gaze off from Bom and looked across. She smiled seeing how the guy across from them was greeting each little kid who's just coming in. She saw how friendly the guy was after all the kids around him seems to love him. And the smiles on their faces was enough evidence. 

Dara stiffened as the guy caught her staring. She quickly looked away but the guy grew interested.

"Oh !" Bom spat as she saw the guy crossing the street. "Dara, look who's coming over!"

"Unnie! What do we do?" Dara looked back and indeed the guy was coming.

"Let's run!" her friend insisted but Dara shook her head and then she pointed at her belly.

"Double !" Bom cursed once again.

"Morning ladies!" both stiffened at their spot hearing the man's voice.

Dara slowly turned and shyly smiled at the guy, "Mor...ning," she tried not to stutter. She then nudged  her unnie hoping she'd turn around and greet the guy.

"Morning," the girl smiled.

"I don't mean to sound rude or anything," the guy spoke. "But are you two here to drop someone off? Or waiting for someone? I mean you two have been standing here for quite awhile. If the security sees you he might think you two are stalking."

"Hahaha," Bom gave a stiff laugh. "Stalking~ you are funny!"

"I'm sorry," Donghae smiled. "I didn't mean to sayit that way."

"Oh no it's fine!" Bom laughed some more even though she wanted to choke the guy. "See my friend Dara here and I were just reminiscing...you know good old days!"

"Oh! You two went to this elementary school?" he asked making Dara panic.

"Yea!" Bom exclaimed. "This school is awesome! And I see how much it changed over the years...right Dara?"

"Oh ummm... yes," Dara smiled.

"Oh I remember Mrs. hmmmm Woo," her friend kept spitting lies. "She was one old grumpy librarian..."

"Mrs...who?" Donghae asked.

"It's been a loooooooooooong time," Bom laughed loudly. "So you probably have missed that grumpy old lady. She never got married... that's why!"

"Oh," the guy looked at the two suspiciously. "Our librarian here is Mr. Hwang and he's been in this for more than 3 decades I don't think you two are that old."

"Don't listen to her," Dara glared at Bom and looked at the guy apologetically. "She has short term memory so whatever she's spitting out don't believe it. We're just resting here after all I'm pregnant."

"Oh," the guy looked down and noticed Dara's baby bump.

"I wouldn't have known," the guy smiled. "I thought you're single."

"Afraid not," Dara blushed. "But anyway...we don't mean to look like we're stalking here. I'm just excited whenever  I see little kids."

"I bet! Kids are wonderful gifts," Donghae smiled. "Well congratulation to you, Dara...right?"

"Yes," Dara nodded. "Well you better go... it looks like bell had just rung Mr. Lee."

"You know my name? I haven't even introduced myself," the guy laughed, but Dara was scared as hell.

"It's right there dummy," Bom pointed at Donghae's ID which Dara thanked Bom for her big mouth.

"Oh right!" he sure felt embarrassed. "Well I shall go ladies! It's great to meet you both."

"Yea...yea..." Bom smiled fakely.

"Can you get any more rude unnie?" Dara turned and glared at her.

"He's so not the father!" her friend shook her head which confused Dara.

"How do you even know?" she asked.

"I have antennas remember?" Bom used her fingers to show her invisible

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter