10. Mrs. Kwon Knows Best

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10. Mrs. Kwon Knows Best 

---

^_________________^v  lol

---

A week past ever since the lunch she had with the old Kwon and the sudden shopping spree she had received from Jiyong's mother. Dara is a smart girl and she knows something was up, but she didn't want to jump into conclusion as to the actions of President Kwon. She told herself that it was just a one time thing.

Until today proved that the theory of hers was wrong.

"Why is Jiyong here moving your furnitures?" Bom asked as they both watched the guy work hard on Dara's living room.

"He's here because..." Dara signed remembering her wake up call earlier.

 

[Flashback]

The constant door bell is taking over her dreams. She's so close to finding out as to who the father of her baby was but that one noise that kept on ringing will soon interrupt it.

"No please show me your face," Dara grumbled through her sleep. *ding dong* "No don't move... stay still please I'm so close to seeing you," she kept uttering. *ding dong*

After another ring, Dara opened her eyes and suddenly closed it shut realizing how blinding the sun was. it's morning already? She turned her head towards her window and indeed the sun was up. She looked at her side table and found the time 10:00 am. Ugh this is so not me! She realized how late it wass. Yes, Dara was indeed a morning girl.

*ding dong* her doorbell rung again.

"Whoever this person killing my doorbell will get it from me," she whispered angrily. She quickly got out of bed, putting on her silk robe. Straightening a few strands of her sleeping hairdo, she walked out of her room attending to whoever that was bugging her Saturday morning. 

*ding dong*

"Hold on!" she somewhat yelled frustrated. "God! I will sue you for murdering my ing doorbell!"

She hastily opened her door and there Jiyong greeted her with his so called trademark smile, "Good Morning boss!" he exclaimed happily. "Isn't it too early for you to be in a bad mood?"

"Who wouldn't be angry when you're ruining someone's sleep!" Dara spat. "And what the hell are you doing here? We don't have work if you remember."

"Oh I do remember," Jiyong tapped his temple telling Dara he remembers it well. "I'm here for another reason."

"What?" she asked curious.

"Well it wasn't me who had this idea," he explained. "Don't worry you weren't the only one who got their morning ruined. I mean after late night drinking session with Top hyung, I'm still carrying a hangover."

"So why are you here again? I don't have any remedy for your hangover," Dara was ready to close her front door when Jiyong placed his foot between the door preventing her from shutting it.

"I know you don't," Jiyong smiled. "I'm here because my mother sent me."

"She sent you?" Dara's angry face turned serious. "Did something go wrong? Do I need to see her?"

"Relax Dara," he pushed the door wide open and let himself in.

"Well come in Jiyong," Dara shook her head watching the guy make himself at home.

"She sent me here because the delivery guys are coming," he answered.

"Delivery guys for what?" she looked at him scared.

"Now before you go on panic mode," he moved close to Dara. "You must know I have nothing to do with this. I'm here to help you out."

"Help me with what?" Dara wondered.

"Apparently she got you a new set of bed, living room furnitures and TV," Jiyong listed according to what he remembered from his conversation with his mother. "I think there are appliances too."

"What?" Dara's eyes went from tiny slits to wide open. "I mean why?"

"I don't know," he shrugged clueless as well. "But you know, my mother can be weird at some times. I mean if its full moon expect her weirdness to go beyond you can think of."

"I can't take all of those things Jiyong," Dara started pacing back and forth. "I mean what will our coworkers say once they learn about this. I mean I don't want them to think that...you know."

"Relax Dara," Jiyong held Dara's shoulders to stop her from moving. "Look whatever my mother is doing, just let it go."

"How?" she looked at him knowingly. "I mean this is big."

"Wait til she gets you a new car then that'll be big," he teased making her glare.

"Don't even say that," Dara bit her lips. Jiyong brushed his thumb just underneath her lower lip making her ease the already plump red lip from her teeth. Her eyes then zoomed right into his making her feel that sudden hot, blazing fire inside her. ! And his hand that was on her arm wasn't helping either.

"You're glowing," he uttered amazed.

"Huh? What are you..." Dara was cut off as Jiyong brushed the stray hair off of Dara's face.

"I don't know but there's something different about you each day," Jiyong softly murmured. "Like your glowing differently. I don't exactly know how to explain it."

"Ummmm..." Dara broke off Jiyong's hold and looked away hoping to ease the sudden heat in her cheeks. She knew that she's blushing deep from Jiyong's sudden compliment. She remembered previously when she searched about pregnancy that there are times where women glows differently. At first she didn't want to believe it, but coming out of Jiyong made her believe it all of sudden.

"Are you blushing?" Jiyong's voice broke through her thoughts. She faintly shook her head and composed her excited nerves. Calm the down nerves. Please. After easing the heat from her body she turned around and faced Jiyong with a stern look on her face.

"So what is this whole thing got to do with you again?" she asked making Jiyong confused at first. "I mean your mother buying me stuff."

"Oh that," Jiyong laughed. "She sent me here to help you. I told her you can move your stuff on your own, but she freaked out on me saying I shouldn't make you work."

"Huh?" Dara mumbled.

"I know," he said. "But then I figured my mother freaked out since I'm such a douche. I mean hello you're a girl."

"So what if I'm a girl," she defended herself.

"So you don't want me here to help you?" Jiyong questioned. But then remembering her being pregnant didn't help. Moving furnitures requires pushing, pulling and lifting and in her condition she can't do those things according to the pamphlet rule #8. "I mean I can leave if you don't want my help."

"No!" Dara was rather surprised by her remarks. "I mean don't go if your mother said to help me. I mean she's right you need to help a girl."

"Okay then," Jiyong smirked which Dara didn't like at all. "So shall I?" he gestured at her furniture."

"Sure," Dara mumbled ignoring the smile on Jiyong's lips.

[end of flashback]

 

"So let me get this straight," Bom tore a piece of her bread and popped them in . "Jiyong's mother, aka your boss bought you furnitures, bed, TV, and appliances?" Dara nodded and got a napkin from the holder giving it to her friend who was eating sloppily.

"Sorry," Bom faintly smiled. "I mean why? Does she know?"

"Hell no!" Dara sighed. "I mean no. I haven't told anyone and you're the only one that knows about this."

"Are you going to tell them?" her friend asked making her nod again.

"I have to somehow," she answered. "I'm just trying to find the right time and the right words to form them into. I mean I can't just tell them I went to a bank to get pregnant."

"Why not? It's what you actually did," Bom uttered bluntly. "I mean I was there too."

"You don't get it unnie," Dara sighed. "I... that's just you know... weird."

"How so?" she looked at her surprise. "I mean you did it because you want to have a child of your own but no man attached. Remember?"

"I know what I said," she looked at her worried. "But realizing what I did, it's not something I really want to share, especially if they're my boss we're speaking to."

"So what are you going to do?" Bom asked questioning the look on Dara's face.

"Well... right now its just a thought," Dara faintly smiled. "I mean I'm thinking of looking for the baby's daddy."

"What?" Bom almost choked on the piece of bread inside .

"I'll look for its father," she repeated making Bom shake her head hoping to understand her friend.

"Wait..." Bom looked ahead and saw Jiyong still busy moving stuff and making sure its enough distance for him not to hear any of this after all it still remained a secret. "Let me get this straight again, you are suddenly interested in its father."

"Yes," she answered looking at Bom seriously.

"Dara," Bom gently laughed bitterly. "You do know bank is mainly just for . The guys who donates their are not interested in being a father. That is why they donated their stuff."

"And?" Dara looked at her confused.

"That's what it is Dee," she chuckled. "They don't want to be a part of it."

"You don't know that," she defended the donors. "I mean what if they suddenly want it. It won't hurt for me to look."

"Dara you just don't get it," she went on hoping to knock some senses into Dara's head. "They're donation. And the privacy crap the bank has can't release any information about the donors and the receivers. So how will you know."

"Nurse Yoo," Dara smiled.

"Poor woman, you're risking her only job," she shook her head hearing Dara's idea. "You do remember Nurse Yoo is an accident prone woman. One contact with her, and you know a disaster is about to come."

"Then what do you want me to do?" she looked at Bom distraught. "I mean how will I find its father if we can't break a law."

"Why break a law when you can just find one," her friend suggested.

"Unnie I can't just find one," Dara looked at her like she was crazy. "I mean who would want a pregnant girl."

"You can't just judge all the male species out here," Bom uttered.

"Really?" Dara smirked. "Coming from a man hater?"

"YAH! But really just look at the guy over there," Bom pointed with her lips. Dara slightly turned her head and saw where her lips were pointing at.

"No," Dara shook her head hoping not to let the bubbling laugh inside her out.

"Why not?" Bom challenged. "I mean Jiyong is here helping you without any second thought."

"That's because his mother told him to do it," Dara reasoned which Bom didn't find strong enough as an attack.

"So? I mean he can refuse if he wanted to, and he can even send his mean to do it for him," she said confidently. "But did he? Here he is spending his precious Saturday helping you when he could be getting ready right now for one hell of a party tonight."

"And?" Dara ignored her brain who's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter