you wish to hell and i appear

(if it ain't your love) i want blood from you

the first thing kyungsoo notices about the man is his voice.

 

it’d be weird if it wasn’t, considering the way he’s screaming at the top of his lungs, but it’s not just the volume that catches kyungsoo’s attention; the pitch, the weight, the range, the way he sustains the note without wavering despite the emotional stress he’s obviously under - it sends a shiver up his spine.

 

“wow,” kyungsoo says, a little awestruck, once he has stopped screaming (7 seconds, great breath control), “i love your voice.”

 

the man’s bright, terrified eyes drift from the dismembered corpse pinned to the wall to kyungsoo’s face.

 

“i’m d.o,” kyungsoo adds, wiping blood off his face, “what’s your name?”

 

his cat-like mouth twitches a little, and kyungsoo leans in eagerly, ready to hear more of that gorgeous voice.

 

so it’s a shame when the other man makes a choked noise from the back of his throat and passes out.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

the man is about the same height as him, if not a little shorter, and he’s lithe and easy to carry (not that he has trouble carrying heavier bodies). as he lifts the unconscious man in his arms, bridal style, he shifts closer to kyungsoo, slow breath against his neck.

 

soft, short black hair brushes against kyungsoo’s cheek, and he falls in love.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

the man’s name is jongdae, according to his student id. he’s twenty, majoring in music (so that explains the voice) and he lives in an apartment a few blocks away. the body on the wall was a classmate of his.

 

not a friend, kyungsoo hopes. he’s learned that people usually don’t want to date you after you kill their friends.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

jongdae wakes up in his own bed, trying to shake a vivid nightmare out of his head. then he notices the human heart on his bedside table, nestled neatly in a glittery red valentines gift box, and screams bloody murder.