Misunderstanding

Accept us!

The day couldn't have been longer for Taemin. His schedule was finished and it was still morning. Taemin still felt awkward with his hyungs so he didn't want to do something with them and Jongin had a schedule the whole day so they couldn't meet. 

Besides, Taemin was still frustrated and meeting Jongin wasn't the best thing to do right now after what he told his hyungs.

Would Jongin understand that he couldn't tell them cause he was afraid of the answer he would get or would he say that they would love him no matter what and think that he was just ashamed of their relationship? 

Taemin sat in his room the whole day until noon. He did what he does every noon; he went to the dance studio. He knew that no one was there at this time and dancing was one way to relieve stress.

Like always the studio was empty so it was just to start dancing. 

And he did. He dances for almost an hours without a break. Taemin could feel his legs starting to slow down but he wouldn't stop. As he came to the ending pose on 'Ring Ding Dong', his legs went limp and he fell to the floor. Taemin was breathing heavily now but he still wanted to continue dancing. He tried to stand up but his legs couldn't support him so he laid there exhausted on the floor and waited for his breath to calm down. 

It was starting to get late and Taemin was starting to get hungry after the exhausting dancing.

Taemin stood up on wobbly legs and made his way to the changing room. His clothes are still on the floor where he left them. Well, who would take them?

He took off his clothes and went into the shower. The cold water felt so good against his hot skin. The way it washed away his sweat felt so refreshing.

He would've stayed longer but he had to go home if he didn't want to hear Kibum's nagging again.

Taemin dried himself off and had his pants on when the door to the changing room opened and someone unexpected came in. Taemin stood still and starred cause by the door stood Kim Heechul. Taemin had a small crush on him before but not anymore since he's got Jongin now.

But what was he doing here? From what Taemin knows, Super Junior doesn't should be finished with work for today. 

Heechul took some wobbly steps towards Taemin but stopped in the middle of the room. 

"Lee Taemin", Heechul said with a tired and slurry voice. 

Taemin forgot that he only had his pants on and just stared at Heechul who probably was drunk.

"Yes?" Taemin answered carefully since he could tell there was something wrong with him.

"We're celebrating our new album down in the conference room, you should should come and celebrate with us."

"Let's find Sooman so he can get you home", Taemin said instead when Heechul came closer. He took some steps back as Heechul came closer until he was backed against the wall.

"But I want to be here." As he said that, he held Taemin against the wall and crashed their lips together. Taemin was frozen in place as Heechul held him in place. 

He felt the taste of alcohol in Heechul's mouth and wanted nothing more than to push him away.

Sure, he had always wanted to kiss Heechul since he had a crush on him before but now he had Jongin and this felt so wrong.

Taemin managed to place his hands on Heechul's chest and was about to push him away when the door to the changing room opened and Taemin froze again, cause at the door stood Jongin with mouth open and eyes wide.

Before Taemin could react, Jongin bolted out of and for a second Taemin wondered why Jongin didn't help him but then realized how this looked; Taemin had his hands on Heechul's chest while Heechul's hands was on Taemin's shoulders, a position Taemin and Jongin use sometimes. 

Taemin pushed Heechul roughly and dashed after Jongin to clear the misunderstanding. 

Jongin was on his way to the exit when Taemin caught up with him.

"Jongin, wait! It's not want you think!" Taemin said as he grabbed Jongin's shoulder but Jongin shook it off and turned to Taemin with tears running down his face. The sight was heartbreaking.

"It's not what I think? I'm not stupid, Taemin! I've read your dairy, I know he was the first person you liked." Jongin kept his voice low but Taemin could hear how hurt he was but before he could say anything, Jongin continued. "I thought I was the only one for you but I was wrong." He paused to hold back a sob. "You can't have both of us so I'll make your choice easier. It's over Lee Taemin. Hope you have a great life now that I'm out of it", Jongin spat before he turned around and exited the building. He didn't want Taemin to see how hurt he was.

On the other hand, Taemin was too shocked by Jongin's outburst that by the time he realized what happened, it was too late, Jongin was gone.

Taemin wanted to run after him but he knew Jongin was in EXO's van on the way home. He knew he had messed up but but wouldn't let himself cry. He would call Jongin when he went home and tell him what actually happened. 

But... It didn't go as Taemin had thought. Ever since he came home he had been trying to call Jongin but he wouldn't pick up. He didn't even answer his texts. Not even the voice mails where Taemin told him that Himchan kissed him first and he should listen to what actually happened.

But nothing. Not even a text telling him to stop trying. 

Taemin was going crazy. He had tried calling the rest of EXO but no one answered either. Maybe they were asleep? They had schedules the whole day after all and must be tired.

'They're sleeping. I'll call tomorrow and everything will be alright', Taemin thought but it sounded like he was trying to convince himself. 

That night, Taemin couldn't sleep. He was thinking about Jongin. Will he believe him? Will they go back to how they were before? Jongin really believed Taemin was cheating. After all the sweet things they've said and done to each other and Jongin still doesn't believe him. 

It was past midnight when Taemin finally fell asleep. But even in his dream the thoughts wouldn't leave him alone. 

Jongin was so far away but Taemin could hear his voice so clearly, telling Taemin how much he hated him and how much he wished Taemin didn't exist. Everything Taemin was afraid of hearing came out of Jongin's mouth and Taemin couldn't do anything to stop him, to tell him the truth, tell him how much he loved him. It was all too late...

Taemin jolted awake from the nightmare. He sat up and looked around the room. It was still dark so he figured it was still too early to wake up. The digital clock showed 06:13 and there was like two hours to sleep but Taemin was afraid of having another nightmare so he decided to get up instead. 

He walked quietly through the dorm, careful not to wake anyone up and sat down watching some tv. 

At this time there wasn't anything interesting on tv so Taemin spent most of the time staring into the screen without really watching whatever was on and think. He thought about Jongin and what happened at SM. 

Why had Jongin came in when Heechul kissed him? Why didn't he let Taemin explain? 

There was nothing for Taemin to do than think of ways to tell Jongin what happened. If he even let Taemin explain.

Earlier in EXO's van

As soon as Jongin stepped inside the van, he burst out crying. The members were immediately at his side comforting him.

He didn't care who he was leaning against, he just needed to be held right now. 

No one asked what happened yet and Jongin was grateful for that but he knew they would ask him later. But right now he didn't want to think about it or anything for the matter.

Halfway home, Jongin stopped crying but would sob every now and then. His sobs echoed through the van since no one said anything, they are afraid to upset Jongin more than he already is.

The van stopped and Jongin finally looked up to see Joonmyeon looking at him with concern while he held Jongin.

Jongin whiped the remaining tears and exited the van last with Joonmyeon who helped him walk since he was shaking so much.

All he wanted to do was to curl up in his bed and sleep forever but EXO's faces told him that he would have to tell them what happened or they wouldn't be able to sleep from worry, even he wouldn't sleep if he didn't get to talk it out. 

So here they sat, in the living room, waiting for someone to break the silence and ask. 

"So... Uh... What happened?" Yixing carefully asked. It became silent again for a minute before Jongin spoke up, looking at the floor, not daring to look anyone in the eyes.

"Taemin... He... He cheated o-on me", Jongin spoke silently, fighting back the tears. "I know he uses the dance s-studio when it's empty and I just wanted t-to see him before I leave but... Wh-when I went inside the locker room... I sa-saw him ki-kissing He-Heechul!" Jongin burst out in tears again as he remembered everything and didn't bother with honourifics since he had no respect for Heechul anymore.

Kyungsoo, who sat beside him, pulled Jongin into his arms and rocked them back and forth, trying to sooth him.

"Don't cry", Kyungsoo soothed as he Jongin's hair. "He doesn't deserve your tears."

"I thought he loved me! How could he?! Jongin cried.

And once again the room was silent and the only thing heard was Jongin's cries but another sounds was suddenly heard; Jongin's phone. They all knew who was calling but Jongin wouldn't even take his phone out.

Taemin didn't seem to give up. He called, left voicemails and texted nonstop but Jongin didn't care.

"Why is he calling me? To say it's not what it looked like?" Jongin asked himself as he stared at nothing. "He can't have two. He can't have me." 

"Jongin, shouldn't you at least see his texts? What if it's a big misunderstanding all together?" Luhan said, careful not to make it sound like he was taking Taemin's side.

"No. That's what he tried to tell me but from what I saw, it can't be a misunderstanding." Jongin's voice was suddenly emotionless and it scared them since Jongin was never like that.

Another phone started ringing and Jongin tensed since he knew Taemin was trying to reach his hyungs but no one made a move to answer so he felt assured that they were on his side. But of course he wouldn't say that out loud.

"I'm going to sleep", Jongin suddenly said and went to his room without another word. They all stared at the closed door and then looked back at each other.

"Do you really think Taemin hyung did that?" Tao asked. He and Taemin are close since Taemin helps him dancing if there is some style he has to learn. Tao didn't want to believe Jongin but Jongin is his friends too.

"I don't know. Jongin said Taemin told him that he misunderstood. Maybe we should talk to Taemin tomorrow and ask him about his side of the story?" Joonmyeon suggested. As the leader it is his duty to make sure his group was okay.

"I think it's best if only we two go talk to him", Yifan said. "If we all suddenly disappeared and he would find us talking to Taemin he would think we're on his side."

"Yeah, that should work better", Joonmyeon said and turned to the rest. "Just make sure Jongin is with you all the time and doesn't find us." 

The rest nodded and left to get some sleep.

                                                                         *************************************
it's already been a week since I updated. Time flies~
anyway I'm not 100% sure I can update next Wednesday since I have school work but I'll try! >___<
i better get on with studying now. I have a music test on Friday *sigh* ~_~