Unaccepting

Accept us!

 

SHINee's dance practice had ended long ago and all their schedules were also finished. They didn't have time to talk about it yet since they had a tight schedule but now they were in the elevator, on their way up to their apartment. It was silent, just like how it had been the whole day.
 
Taemin knew it was time for the talk bit he wasn't ready. He didn't think he would ever get ready for the talk after how the day had been. It was almost scary.
 
When they reached their floor everyone slowly got out and Jonghyun unlocked the door. After the undressed their jackets and shoes, they walked to the living room and Jonghyun, Minho and Kibum sat on the large coach while Jinki sat at the armchair beside the coach and Taemin sat on the other side on a smaller coach. 
 
It was time. It's time for the talk and Taemin was scared. For the first time he's scared of his hyungs. 
 
Silence surrounded them for a while before Minho broke it.
 
"So... Are you and Jongin... You know... Really together?" After Minho said that, everyone stared at Taemin, waiting for his answer. Taemin bit his lip before he found the courage to tell them. They already knew anyway but they only needed confirmation, no need to deny it now.
 
"Yes, we're together and have been together for some time now." Taemin could see them tense as soon as he said yes. He knew something was coming soon but he still didn't look away from them.
 
"I told you he was gay!" Of course Kibum would be the one to comment on that. "Taemin, what did he do to you?"
 
"Huh? What do you mean?" Taemin asked confused. 
 
"What did he do to you to turn you gay? You weren't like that before." Kibum crossed his arms over his chest. Like he knows everything about Taemin!
 
"What do you know about that? I've always been gay and if someone turned someone gay it should be me who turned him gay!" Can you believe this?! Kibum talked like he knows everything about Taemin! He doesn't know anything.
 
"How can you even like a man? You're a man yourself! Men shouldn't like other men!" What part of 'love is love' didn't Kibum understand? Before Taemin could say anything, Jonghyun stood up to get their attention.
 
"Break it off, both of you. You're supposed to be friends, so stop arguing", Jonghyun said and sat down when it was quiet again. 
 
"You can tell us to stop arguing but you can't deny that you don't like the idea of Taemin being gay either, can you?" Kibum said with a calmer voice now. Jonghyun looked at Kibum with wide eyes as if Kibum just revealed Jonghyun's secret.
 
"I... Uhm... You know... It's just...", Jonghyun couldn't form a sentence and Taemin understood that it says just like Kibum had said. Jonghyun looked at Taemin but quickly averted his eyes to the floor as soon as they made eye contact. 
 
"Seriously guys, Taemin is still our little brother and it doesn't matter who he likes right?" Jinki asked and managed to put on a smile to lighten up the atmosphere.
 
"Oh come on. You were all disturbed by it so why do you even take his side?" Kibum sounded annoyed but his eyes suddenly widened. "Oh my gosh, you've slept with him haven't you?! All the times you would sleep over and come home tired, you've done it!" It was quiet again and everyone looked at Taemin for a confirmation but the only thing he did was blush and look away. But they understood. "Do you still want to take his side now? After knowing what he's done you can't say you're not disgusted." Kibum rose from his seat and walked away to his room, clearly upset. 
 
After he left it was quiet again. Taemin didn't want to look at anyone now and they didn't know what to do. Jonghyun slowly rose from his seat.
 
"I'll... Go after him and make sure he doesn't destroy anything", Jonghyun said and walked the same way as Kibum. 
 
"I'll go too. You know in case he need some help", Jinki said but it was obvious he was trying to get away. Minho also got up and followed Jinki without a word, leaving Taemin alone.
 
Did Kibum really have to be so harsh? Calling him disgusting really had its effect on Taemin. And now all his hyungs left. Taemin felt the tears welling in his eyes and quickly went to his room. He didn't want anyone to come out and see him crying, he didn't want to show how weak he is. Taemin laid on the bed with his face in the pillow.
 
How could this happen? They've always supported him with whatever he did and now they just left instead of supporting his decision. Taemin felt betrayed. He felt alone and somehow empty, like he lost something. That something must be the love of his hyungs.
 
Taemin laid in his bed sobbing and trying to calm down when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He took his phone and opened it. Two messages from Jongin. The first one was send an hour ago.
 
'Hey, how was your day? Did you have a talk with them yet? :)'
 
And the next one was a short:
 
'Hello? Are you alright?'
 
Taemin wanted to lie and say that he was fine but he had to explain how the talk went.
 
'Bad... Kibum made it clear that he thought I was disgusting and had to say that we slept together so they all left me. I don't know what to do anymore... It feels like I just lost my family...'
 
He sent it and closed his eyes. He really lost this family, the family he had to live and work with, it was all lost now. Was it worth it? For love? Could he live like this now?
 
Taemin shook his head and placed his hands on his face. He shouldn't think like this. He had Jongin, the love of his life and he wouldn't lose him. What happened has happened and Taemin can't change anything now so it was better to just do everything he could to keep Jongin. 
 
Anyway, it couldn't get worst, could it? He lost his hyungs but he still had EXO and Jongin who wouldn't leave him. Maybe someday they would realise that he's still the same Taemin as before and take it all back, they could be a family again. Hopefully...
 
                                                                  ******************************************
sorry! This chapter but I don't have time to write anything better, I have a presentation on Friday and I have to study but I promised myself to update every Wednesday >__<