Harsh words

Accept us!

 

"", was all Taemin could say. By the look on their faces it didn't look good. Just when everything had begun to be good for Taemin and Jongin, this had to happen. 
 
No one moved. They stared at Taemin and Jongin as if they just witnessed someone being murdered. 
 
"Wh-what were you two doing?" Jonghyun asked. They must've been really shocked.
 
"I told you they weren't just friends!" Kibum said loudly. Taemin saw how his hyungs expressions changed, like they finally realized it was true.
 
"So what?" Taemin hissed. "What's wrong with that? It's not like we've been doing something forbidden!" 
 
"That should be forbidden! How can you even like a man? That's weird and disgusting! Nothing is normal with it!" Kibum rose his voice even more. It was like he wanted Taemin to realize that what he's doing is wrong and he shouldn't be with another guy.
 
"Shut up!" Taemin exploded. He's been keeping it inside for long and couldn't take any more hurtful and judging words. "What does it matter if we're together?! Love is love and I don't care if you don't accept it, I don't care if you hate me now, this is my life so leave me alone! Stop saying things you don't understand!" It was silent now, only Taemin's breathing could be heard. How could Kibum say that? They are a family, how can Kibum say that? Taemin's chest hurt and he felt tears sting behind his eyes but Taemin wouldn't let it show.
 
Jongin was just as surprised and scared of Taemin's outburst as the rest of the group but he got closer to Taemin and took his hand.
 
"Calm down", he said carefully. Taemin was so pissed off and Jongin was afraid that if he talked too loudly Taemin would tell him to shut up too. Taemin never explodes like this. It scared Jongin but also made him happy to know Taemin would fight for him like this.
 
Taemin took a deep breath and calmed down slightly and squeezed Jongin's hand and Jongin felt Taemin shaking almost unnoticeable. 
 
Jinki broke the silence with clearing his throat hesitantly.
 
"I think we all should calm down... Taemin why don't you follow Jongin out before practice starts." Taemin immediately dragged Jongin out with him but not before sending Kibum a glare as they passed by. 
 
Taemin dragged Jongin to the locker room and passed Jongin his bag but didn't let him change before dragging him out again. The hold on Jongin's hand almost hurt.
 
"Where are we going?" Jongin asked as he tried to free himself from Taemin's hand but Taemin wouldn't let go and continued to walk. "Yah, you're holding too tight." Jongin tried to pry his hand away again but Taemin only held on tighter. "Let go!" Jongin jerked his hand away and Taemin turned to him and smashed their lips together. This wasn't the Taemin he knew, the careful and loving boyfriend, this was a fierce guy he never knew. Jongin pushed Taemin away and took some steps back so Taemin wouldn't jump on him again. What Jongin wasn't prepared to see was the tears in Taemin's eyes, on the edge of falling.
 
"Jongin...", Taemin said weakly. The mood change confused Jongin but he went up to Taemin and hugged him. 
 
"Don't cry. I'm sure they were just shocked from what they saw. Later everything will go back to how it was before, they'll accept everything. You're like their little brother and they can't hate you." Jongin wasn't sure of his words but he tried to sooth Taemin.
 
"Didn't you hear him?" Taemin's voice was trembling, just like his body. "It doesn't matter who I am to him, they'll all hate me. I'm disgusting." Jongin felt his shirt become wet as Taemin cried on his chest. 
 
"Don't say that! It's not true! Let them say whatever they want but you're nothing of that." Jongin pulled away slightly but still had his arms around Taemin's waist. "Look at me." When Taemin didn't look up, Jongin placed his hand under Taemin's chin and lifted his head up, forcing Taemin to look at him. "Minnie, listen to me. Don't listen to them. Don't care what they say. Don't let their words get to you. You know I love you so don't let them get to you." Jongin was quiet for a few seconds and wiped the remaining tears from Taemin's face. "You don't even know what the rest thinks, it was only Kibum hyung talking. They may accept this. All you have to do is talk to them and clear this up."
 
"I understand that you're trying to make me feel better but it's not helping", Taemin said and sighed. "I have to go back now, practice will start soon. And you should also go back." 
 
"Or I can stay here and wait for you to finish and we'll talk to them together", Jongin suggested. He didn't want Taemin to do it alone, he could break down and Jongin wouldn't be there to hold him.
 
"No it's okay, I can take care of it. I'll just talk to them and hope for them to understand. Like you said, we only heard Kibum hyung's opinion, the rest might not have anything against it." Taemin tried to smile but Jongin could see it was forced. Even at a time like this Taemin tried to assure Jongin that everything was going to be okay. It should be the other way around after what just happened.
 
"Are you sure? I can stay. I don't think it'll be a problem and you may need me to explain it to them." Jongin didn't want to leave Taemin like this but Taemin shook his head, declining the offer. 
 
"It's better if I do it alone. I'll call you later and tell you how it went, okay?" Taemin said and pecked Jongin's lips. 
 
"Okay, but think before you say anything and try to not get worked up by what they have to say and start screaming, just listen to them and explain how it is." Taemin nodded an Jongin kissed him before he let go again. "Good luck", Jongin said when Taemin started walking back. Taemin turned around and smiled and waved before he turned back again, th simile leaving his face.
 
Taemin went into a toilet close to the practice room and looked in the mirror. His make-up was smudged under his eyes but he just wiped it away with a wet towel. He looked at his reflection, in his own eyes and saw the insecurity there. But he had to do it. For Jongin and for their love.
 
"I can do this", Taemin said to himself before he went out.
 
When he came back inside the room, Taemin was relieved to see the choreographer there already, warming up with the members. The talk would have to wait for a while and Taemin was happy for that. He knew he wouldn't get away with it but they wouldn't have to talk right now.
 
"There you are", the choreographer said and waved for Taemin to join them.  "Warm up, we'll start soon." 
 
Taemin did as he was told but he felt how everyone's eyes were on him. Every time he looked in the mirror to look at his hyungs, they would shift their gaze and continue warming up. They would stare but no one would meet his eyes. 
 
Maybe things wouldn't be as easy as he thought?
 
                                                                     ************************************************
i can't believe I wrote this instead of studying for a test I have in two days... So once again this was rushed but that's all I can do, school is killing me >___<
something awesome happened this last Saturday. I was on a VIXX concert! In Sweden! I can't believe it! It  a awesome! :D
and now if you excuse me I have to go to bed. It's almost midnight and I have school tomorrow~ x3