Stubborn

Accept us!

 

Jongin didn't say a word the next day. He went to practice and only talked if he had to. His eyes weren't shining like they used to when he danced and his moves were stiff. Even the manager felt that something was wrong, which is why they were standing with him instead of practicing.
 
"Is there something wrong?" The manager asked. "I've noticed some of you being distracted durning practice." He glanced at them but no one answered. "It might not be my business so try to solve it. You need to concentrate on practice."
 
"It's nothing", Joonmyeon said. "We're just tired. We just need some rest and we'll be good again."
 
The manager gave them half an hour to rest and to clear their minds so everyone sat down quietly. Well not everyone; Yifan and Joonmyeon was still standing and the rest, except for Jomgin, understood what they were going.
 
It's time
 
Now is the right time to go find Taemin since they know SHINee should be in SM by now. So Yifan and Joonmyeon left the room to go find SHINee.
 
They found them in the small cafeteria where the artists usually sit when they have a break to have a snack or talk. There were just SHINee there right now and they barely talked so when Yifan and Joonmyeon entered, SHINee immediately noticed them.
 
"Hey, sorry to disturb your free time but we have to talk to Taemin", Joonmyeon said as he looked at Taemin's uneasy face but he agreed. Taemin followed them out to an empty room where they took a seat around a small round table.
 
"I guess you know why we want to talk to you?" Yifan asked and Taemin nodded. "Jongin said he saw you and Himchan kissing but we want to know your side of this."
 
"It's not like that! Or yes, we did kiss- No wait, he kissed me. He came in there drunk and kissed me and when I was about to push him away, Jongin came in", Taemin rambled. "I've tried to contact him since yesterday to explain but he won't answer anything!"
 
It was quiet for a while. Yifan studied Taemin's face to see if he was lying but when all he found was sadness and frustration, he nodded and looked Taemin seriously on the eyes.
 
"If what you just said is true them we're willing to help you. Jongin is really sad, he barely talks or eat. We're really worried about him." Taemin felt guilt wash over him when Yifan said that. If only Taemin had ran after Jongin faster or pushed Himchan away before he even got close then this would never have happened. It's all his fault.
 
"Can't you help me? Make him listen to me of something", Taemin said with pleasing eyes. "I... I really love him, I can't stand seeing him in pain, especially since i was the one who card him the pain." Taemin looked at the floor with tears in his eyes and clenched his fists.
 
Joonmyeon placed a hand on Taemin's shoulder and squeezed lightly. Taemin looked up at him and saw a smal reassuring smile on his lips.
 
"We'll see what we can do. We'll talk to him and convince him to listen to you." Taemin couldn't help but smile back at Joonmyeon. They would help him, they can talk to Jongin.
 
"Thanks. I don't know what I would do without your help."
 
"That's what a family is for. We support you guys and we don't want to see you unhappy. Even if you're in another group we still consider you as our family." Yifan's words made Taemin both happy and sad. He was happy that they liked him and thought of him as a part of their family but he was sad about how they supported them more than SHINee does even when Taemin is their member that they should love no matter what.
 
"We should get going now. We don't want to hold you up and we need to go back too." Joonmyeon said as they all stood up got up. "Don't worry, we'll make this work out." Joonmyeon patted Taemin's shoulder and left. 
 
Taemin stood there thinking about what he should say when he gets to talk to Jongin. Knowing Taemin he would just ramble out whatever he had in mind and then start talking about something unrelated to the misunderstanding. 
 
Taemin sighed and went back since he would mess up his speech anyway so there's no need to make one up. His hyungs was still seated in the cafeteria, still talking like when he left. He was about to walk through the open door when he heard his name.
 
"But it's not normal to be out to much. I mean, I understand that they're friends but there's something more, I know it", Taemin heard Kibum say.
 
"Don't you think you're overreacting? They're maybe just really close. If you finally got enough free time wouldn't you go out with your best friend as much as you could?" At least Jinki was on Taemin's side.
 
"Haven't you seen how he smiles when they talk or how he looks at Jongin? I'm telling you there's more to it than just friendship." 
 
"Like what? If its more than friendship then do you mean romance? You think Taemin is gay?" Minho scoffed. Taemin didn't know if he should be happy that Minho don't think Taemin would be gay or be sad that Minho didn't seem seem to like the idea with Taemin being gay.
 
"That's what I'm afraid of! What if he really is gay? That would affect the whole group and EXO too." It was quiet for some seconds before Kibum spoke again. "I'll find out what's between them cause I know there is something, whether you believe me or not I will find out."
 
Taemin stood leaning against the wall with thoughts going around his head. SHINee wouldn't accept him, they would surely kick him out of the group if they could. They would hate him. The whole world would hate him. Being gay isn't normal. Maybe he should just end everything since Jongin hates him and if it doesn't work with them then why make the world hate him? 
 
Taemin wanted to cry right there but then he remembered everything he and Jongin did and shared. He shouldn't be thinking this way! What's so wrong with being gay? If they can't accept him for how he is then that's their problem since he won't give up on Jongin. He loves him too much to do that.
 
It was time to go in now. Taemin went out to the corridor and started to whistle and walked back to the cafeteria so they would know he was back and haven't heard what they talked about.
 
 They looked up at Taemin when he entered and Taemin didn't feel so comfortable with the looks he got. Kibum's was judging and the rest were just studying, as if they would see if he was gay or not by only looking.
 
"What took you so long?" Minho asked. He's face was the easiest to look at since he had a small smile on now.
 
"We just talked and time flew away", Taemin said sat down beside Minho. Minho was his closest friend next to Jongin so he always choose to sit beside him.
 
"Exactly what did you talk about?" Kibum's voice was soft but his eyes weren't so friendly.
 
"Ah you know, just... Helping with a move some of them didn't understand. I should be a choreographer", Taemin joked in an attempt to change the subject which worked. Jonghyun stood up and trashed his empty coffee cup.
 
"Well, lets get back to training. We have a concert coming up soon." The rest followed Jonghyun's orders and went back to training for their upcoming concert.
 
EXO
 
Yifan and Joonmyeon walked back to the dance studio and found the group doing different things; some of them were talking, some were dancing and some was running around chasing each other. Jongin was seated in a corner alone, looking at his reflection on the other side of the room. The two leaders walked to Jongin and sat down in front of him.
 
"Jongin, why don't you give Taemin a chance to explain? You don't know what happened before you came in. What if Taemin was trying to push Himchan away and you came in on the wrong time?" Joonmyeon said and tried to sound like he was guessing what could've had happened.
 
"And you think that really would've happened? Did you even know that Taemin liked Himchan before he liked me?" Jongin scoffed and tried to hate Taemin for everything Jongin felt right now. "That position couldn't have been a 'misunderstanding'. I know he cheated so don't try to make me forgive him."
 
"Can you stop being so stubborn and just talk to him already?" Yifan said in a slightly annoyed tone. He had much patience but Jongin was just too stubborn to talk calmly with. "Why do you keep doing this to yourself? You're hurting and he's hurting and the whole group is hurting. Listen to me and go talk to him or you'll keep being sad and won't focus on anything. This affects us all, you know."
 
Jongin didn't dare to look at the leaders. Really, why had he made it go like this? He was making everyone sad with his problem and he was affecting the whole group. But he really didn't want to talk to Taemin, not now at least.
 
Joonmyeon didn't like Jongin being so quiet so he tried talking to him softly again.
 
"So what if he liked Himchan before? That was back then and I'm sure he came over him. He loves you Jongin. Wake up and look at him, look at how sad he is. Do you want him to be like that? Do you want your relationship to go to waste just cause you're too stubborn to listen to him? You know you'll regret it." 
 
Jongin looked up at Joonmyeon with tears in his eyes. He hated crying in front of anyone but this was just too much.
 
"I don't want to talk to him, hyung. I'm afraid of the truth. What if he still likes Himchan? I can't stand not having his heart for myself." Jongin sniffed and wiped away the tears before they could fall down.
 
"And if it really is like he tried to tell you and it is a misunderstanding then you'll regret not letting him explain anything and you'll see how stupid it is of you to give you both pain just cause you didn't want to listen to him", Yifan said and tried to sound soft to not make Jongin any more upset.
 
"Would it be better if he was together with Himchan instead?" Joonmyeon asked as he rubbed Jongin's shoulder to calm him down. Jongin shook his head and looked at his lap. "If this goes on too long maybe he'll think you don't want him and he'll give up on you. What if he gets tired of waiting?" The leaders knew their words wasn't all true but they had to make Jongin see how things could go if he don't talk to Taemin.
 
"Do you think that would happen?" Jongin asked as he looked at them. 
 
"You never know. Don't make him wait, he could get tired of waiting and give up on the hope that you'll talk to him."
 
"But he loves me! He would never give up!" Jongin raised his voice to make his point across to Yifan. Taemin wouldn't give up on him.
 
The leaders smiled softly at him and gave each other a look before Joonmyeon turned back to Jongin.
 
"So you admit that he loves. Why not just talk to him then since he loves you?" 
 
Jongin didn't know what to say now. Should he give Taemin a chance to explain? Could he forgive him that easily? 
 
"I'll... I'll talk to him. But not now. I'm not ready." He honestly didn't know what he was doing or when he's ready, he just knew he had to do it.
 
"That's more like the Jongin we know; never giving up on the thing he loves. You won't regret your decision", Yifan smiled and turned to the rest of the group. "Okay, break is over! Lets get back to practice!" 
 
Everyone got into position and finally got the dance right. Jongin seems to be more concentrated now and his eyes were finally shining with passion.
 
                                                                     ***********************************************
So at 9 pm I realised I hadn't finished this chapter and started writing until now. Like two hours *sigh* but I made it and here is the chapter! X3  (ignore the bad chapter title, I don't have energy to think of something better. It's almost 11 pm)