3,4,5

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER fifty

It was another beautiful day for the people of Halo Town. The high schoolers of the TwoMoons pack were playing around as they walked home from school. Jongin and Sehun were pushing each other as they walked in front. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were chatting about something to do with their History class. Jongdae was listening to music on his ipod while Kyungsoo trailed silently beside him. Zitao went off to the detective shop upon their alpha’s instructions.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh so quiet that no one heard him (or maybe because they were too busy with their own stuff). It was one of those rare moments where the pack was not all over Kyungsoo and he was grateful for that because he really needs some peace right now. There were 5 days left and he knows it will pass by in a flash.

A warm hand enclosed around his and he looked up to see Jongdae giving him a worried look. The younger male immediately put on a smile and shook his head, signalling that he is alright. Jongdae took out his left earbud and placed it into Kyungsoo’s left ear. A melodic sound of violin filled his ear. The swift dance of piano keys soon followed. It was soft and relaxing, and Kyungsoo just felt like closing his eyes to appreciate the beautiful tune.

“It’s beautiful.” Kyungsoo told Jongdae, the older male smiled.

“It sure is.” Jongdae looked up at the sky and let out a soft sigh before looking back at Kyungsoo. “My mother and I were the ones who played it.”

“Really?” Kyungsoo grinned and Jongdae nodded.

“She played the violin while I played the piano. It was a tune we composed together before she passed away.” Kyungsoo’s grin slowly disappeared when he heard that Jongdae’s mother is no longer on Earth. “I miss her so much. This is the only thing that I’ve left to remind me of her.”

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo stopped walking. So did Jongdae. He reached out to cup Jongdae’s face, making the elder look into his eyes. “I know how you feel. But you must remember that it is not how long you’ve spent with that person or how far someone is willing to walk down the road with you, it is about the memories that you have together and that is the thing that matters most. I’m pretty sure the memories that your mother had left for you meant more than your regrets of the lack of time.”

The older male smiled and nodded. “You’re right. People come and go. What matters most is the time spent together. We should always think about the happy stuff, right?” Kyungsoo bobbed his head up and down, agreeing with Jongdae and the both of them continued their way home.

 

“Chicken.”

“Beef.”

“Pork.”

“Fish.”

“Bubble tea.” Sehun said, face muted. Kyungsoo swore he saw a nerve snapped from everyone’s head, hands clenching and unclenching by their sides, all trying their best not to smack the maknae out of the window.

Baekhyun let out a sigh before looking at the red-headed male who was just sitting there. “Bambi, what do you want to have for dinner?”

Everyone turned their heads towards him and looked at him with hopeful eyes, as if trying to make the boy choose their choice. “Erm..” He scratched the back of his head. “How about salmon? We can grill or pan-sear it. And then make some boiled vegetables and clam chowder.”

“I think it is not a bad choice.” Zitao agreed and Baekhyun clapped his hands once.

“Okay. Salmon it shall be. Let’s go to the market to get some groceries.” He grabbed onto Chanyeol with his right hand and Sehun with his left and practically dragged the both of them out.

“Let’s go to my room.” Jongdae pulled Kyungsoo into his room and slammed the door shut before Zitao and Jongin could enter. The sounds of protest from the blonde male could be heard throughout the house while Zitao just glared at the door, as if his glare would be able to melt the door down.

Kyungsoo sat on Jongdae’s bed while the older male went to his table and started rummaging through his drawers. Kyungsoo heard Jongin huffed before the blonde male went away and Kyungsoo shook his head. He swore that Jongin is so stubborn and childish at times. Letting out a heavy sigh, he laid down and the bed and stared at the white ceiling. He placed his arm over his eyes and let out another sigh. *Just 5 goddamn days.*

The red-headed male felt the bed dipped down and before he could remove his arm and open his eyes, Jongdae was already kissing him. There was nothing hot about the kiss despite the fact that they were on a bed. The kiss was slow and sweet and Kyungsoo felt himself cupping Jongdae’s face to kiss him back while the older male wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo.

They both pulled away after a while, breathless. Jongdae was grinning like someone who just won lottery while Kyungsoo gave his lover a shy smile. The older male passed Kyungsoo a notebook and Kyungsoo opened it. “I was wondering if you would like to sing this song with me.” Jongdae proposed.

“Open Arms...” Kyungsoo murmured when he saw the title of the song.

“It’s something I composed a few months back. It’s not completed yet and I hope you will help me.”

“Of course.” The doe eyed boy replied almost immediately and the corners of Jongdae’s lips tugged up into a smile. *I will be willing to do anything for you guys.*

“Great. Let’s get started shall we?” Jongdae headed towards his keyboard at the corner of his room.

 

Baekhyun spun around with the knife in his hand and the rest widened their eyes in shock. “I swear I will chop off your hands if anyone of you tries to steal the food again!” He huffed, glaring at the troublemakers. “Seriously, you guys are already so old yet you are still doing something so childish. Must I really make Bambi tame you all?”

“Get used to it hyung.” Zitao commented while Chanyeol and Sehun were pouting. Jongin rolled his eyes and switched to another channel on the television.

Baekhyun shook his head before looking at Jongdae. “By the way, where’s Bambi?”

“He said he’s tired, so he should be asleep.” Baekhyun nodded and went back to the dishes.

“Stop smiling. You look like a creep.” Jongin told Jongdae but the older male ignored his dongsaeng. How can he bear to stop smiling? He has finally found the person who is able to blend in with his voice so easily. Sure, Baekhyun’s singing is fantastic.  But compared to Kyungsoo, he is nowhere better at harmonizing with Jongdae’s voice. Jongdae just love how beautiful Kyungsoo’s voice is. It was smooth like chocolate, and he is fantastic in the middle and low ranges. Jongdae’s voice is more towards the high part and although their voices are different, the harmonization is amazing.

Jongdae was in cloud nine, and no one is able to put a stop to it now.

 

Kyungsoo stared at the piece of paper in front of him. Picking up the letter, he read through it again and again, hoping there are no mistakes. The boy has the tendency to write without thinking, resulting in mistakes and errors.

*I don’t get why you doing all of this for them.* A familiar voice rang in his head and he knew who it was.

*I told you, they are important.* He told D.O. and the wolf snorted.

*Important? There is no one you can trust in this world, Kyungsoo.*

*You are right. There is no one I can trust, except for them. They are special and they mean a lot to me.  I am going to trust them even if it means them having no choice but to betray me.* Kyungsoo huffed as he crossed his arms across his chest.

*You know I am not going to let you see them anymore, right? When the day comes, there will just be me. No more Do Kyungsoo.* D.O. reminded him and Kyungsoo felt tears welling in his eyes. He not only has a few more days left with his friends. He also has a few more days to live.

*I know so get out of my head. Please.*

D.O. muttered a ‘whatever’ and it was total silence after that. With a sigh, Kyungsoo got back to his letter again. When he was sure there were no mistakes, he placed the paper in an envelope and removed the crystal stone necklace that was around his neck. He clenched the necklace tightly in his fist. *I don’t know what other powers you have other than bring out the wolf demon but if you can keep someone safe, please protect Geunyoung noona.*

With that, he placed the necklace together with the letter and kept the envelope in his drawer.

 

++

Kyungsoo’s ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter