1 and 2

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTY nine

*Go go go!* He heard Baekhyun shouting in his head and sped up as fast as he could. He could not fail them. Not now, not ever.

*Watch out!* He almost collided with a shifter and barely dodged when he heard Sehun’s voice. He could hear the rest of his friends giving him advices and cheering him on. Pressure filled his body but he knows that it was pressure that was going to make him achieve his goal.

“10!”  Mr Kim started his countdown and he mentally cursed before running so fast that he felt his calves starting to go numb. His classmates that were around him started to speed up as well and it motivated him to do the same. It seemed a little impossible but he was running faster every second. Maybe it was because he was slowly unleashing the demonic powers in him but he did not care as long as he made it.

“3!” His ears perked up in alert and saw the finishing line just right in front of him. He leaped through the air so gracefully that everyone around was staring at him, mesmerized by his beauty. Rolling on the floor so that he would not get injured, he finally realised that he has passed the finishing line. He let out a breath of relief before sticking his tongue out as he panted.

A pair of feet appeared in front of him and he looked up. Mr Kim was looking down on his with a clipboard resting on his left hand and his right hand was holding a pen. “Good job, Kyungsoo. You’ve got an A.” Mr Kim grinned before scribbling something on the board and going back to the rest of the shifters who were still running.

*Great job Bambi!* Baekhyun pounced on Kyungsoo and his face. Kyungsoo let out a happy bark before Baekhyun was pushed away and Chanyeol replaced him. But before Chanyeol could do anything, Jongdae pushed him off his lover and help the poor boy up. Jongdae rubbed his cheek against Kyungsoo’s and the two of them could not stop grinning.

*My turn!* Sehun demanded and Kyungsoo shifted his attention to the maknae. They wagged their tail happily as they playfully attacked each other.

*It’s my turn now.* Jongin huffed in annoyance. He wanted to be the first one to go to his Bambi but Baekhyun beat him to it. Sehun moved away before Jongin could push him and the latter pressed his forehead against Kyungsoo’s. *I’m so proud of you.*

*Thank you Jongin.* Kyungsoo touched the younger’s cold nose for a second before running towards Zitao.

*It looks like your mouth will split open from all that smiling.* Jongdae snorted.

*I can say the same to you, hyung.* Jongin rolled his eyes and Jongdae gave a throaty laugh, agreeing to his words.

 

It is just another peaceful day at school (minus the fact that the town was once in danger) and the two year 2 students were diligently listening to what their teacher was teaching. It has not been long since Do Kyungsoo first came to school. Everything was foreign to him and even their academic level was higher than other schools. However, Kyungsoo quickly caught up. Zitao used to help him with understanding the concept but now he does not even need Zitao’s help. He knew he would be able to do it and he proved himself correct. Not only did he get gold for his NAPFA test, his studies are also improving. One thing that did not change is the protectiveness of his pack members.

“What do you feel like eating?” Zitao asked as they took a seat in the lunch room at their usual table.

Kyungsoo smiled and stood up. “It’s alright. I can get it myself.”

“No. Just sit down and let us pamper you.” Sehun made Kyungsoo sit down and the older man pouted.

“But you guys pamper me too much.”

Jongin, who was munching on an apple, rolled his eyes. “It is normal for someone to pamper on their lover, Bambi.” Sehun agreed with Jongin by nodding his head while the red-headed male huffed in annoyance and he crossed his arms across his chest. Zitao took his opportunity to get the food.

“Just let us dote on you, okay?” Baekhyun leaned in and pecked his cheek when no one was looking.

*I should let them do so. After all, it is not long till I will leave them. If I calculated correctly, there are only 6 days left starting from tomorrow.* He had already planned everything when that day comes. As promised, he will let D.O. take over him but before that, he will leave the place. He will leave quietly so that the rest will not be there to stop him.

“Hey babe, what’s going on in that pretty little head of yours?” Chanyeol slung an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders and the rest snorted when they heard what he said.

“Don’t be gross, Yeol. I bet Bambi wouldn’t like it very much if you thought of him as a girl.” Jongdae told the giant while Kyungsoo was just smiling at Chanyeol’s silliness.

“The word ‘babe’ doesn’t only apply to girls!” He protested but his friends were already too busy talking about something else to listen to him.

“It’s okay Chanyeol. I know what you mean.” Chanyeol smiled at the doe eyed boy’s words and kissed his cheek before going back to his food. Zitao came back and Kyungsoo decided to tell them since everyone is here.

“Guys, I need to go somewhere after school. Alone.” He quickly added the last part when he saw them opening his mouth. (most probably volunteering to go with him)

“Where are you going?” Zitao asked as he placed the plate in front of Kyungsoo.

“It’s a secret. Besides, I’ve already gotten permission from Yixing hyung.” He winked and the boys swore that they would have pounced on him and kissed him there and then if there were not so many people in the lunch room.

 

“Welcome! May I help you?” The lady behind the cash register greeted Kyungsoo with a smile and he gave her a smile back before ordering a warm cup of peppermint mocha.

After grabbing his drink, he chose a booth at the back of the small café and slid into in. He took out a sketchbook and some coloured makers that he bought from a stationery shop minutes ago.  Taking a black marker, he started doodling on the cover page, smiling as he did so. He knows that Minseok and Baekhyun would be happy to receive this.

“Kyungsoo?” The boy looked up from the book when he heard someone calling his name.

“Yujie mama? Kailing mama?” Kyungsoo quickly stood up and bowed when he saw the alpha females. “What are the both of you doing here?”

“I was about to ask you the same thing. Why are you here alone? The boys just came back from school and said you had something on.” Yujie made Kyungsoo sit down and they took a seat as well.

“Well,” He scratched the back of his head, a shy smile plastered on his face. “I just wanted to do something for them and it’s a secret.”

Kailing gave him a warm smile while Yujie cooed at him for being so cute when he is embarrassed. “Kyungsoo.” Kailing said and he looked at her. “I hope you will take care of them when we are away. I know you think that they are the ones taking care of you and that is true in some ways but we know you are also always thinking of their wellbeing b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter