Final battle

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTY eight

(A longer chapter to apologise for the lack of updates.)

Both Yifan and Kyungsoo were up on their feet the second those words slipped out of their comrade’s mouth. They could hear the shuffling of feet coming from outside the house and figured out that the rest already knew about the situation. “Spread out and move according to plan!” Yixing instructed and the TwoMoons pack nodded. Zitao looked at a group of shifters from the defence group and nodded towards the forest. All of them shifted and follow Zitao.

“What’s going on?” Yujie and Kailing went to Yifan and Kyungsoo. The red-headed male bowed when he saw the alpha females while Yifan gave them a worried look. He was not afraid of this fight. In fact, he was sure of their victory. However, he was scared that innocent people would be hurt because of them and he would not be able to bear the guilt if anyone gets hurt, especially his loved ones.

“They are here.” Kyungsoo told them and both ladies looked at each other before running back into the house, following the plan. They, including Yixing and Geunyoung, were in charge of the medical team. The younger alpha wanted to join in the fight, but he knows that he is needed more here. If he was to heal anyone who is injured, they will be up on their feet again in no time. Then the GreyRaven and BloodCrow pack would be fighting against an army of unlimited soldiers.

“You’ve got to come with us.” The man with the scar on the left cheek went to Kyungsoo and bowed.

Kyungsoo looked at Yifan and the older male nodded. “Go with Taeryung. We will come for you.” With that, Kyungsoo went with Taeryung while praying for the safety of his friends and comrades.

Jongdae went up to his alpha who was just watching the scene in front of him. Feeling nervous was an understatement for Jongdae. He is one of the carefree people in their group even when they are fighting but yet today’s fight was filled with so much tension that the boy unknowingly became serious. It might be because they know they are up against two packs or that they have to protect a particular precious person but one thing he knows for sure is that no one must die.

“Hyung.” Jongdae called his leader who was now looking up at the clear, blue sky.

“Yea, I know.” Yifan tore his eyes away from the sky and went towards a group of shifters who were waiting for him. They were one of the strongest because they are the last defence line and the leader was of course Yifan himself.

Jongdae was about to walk to join his own group when Yifan called him. Turning around, he looked up to meet eyes with his alpha. What he saw in Yifan’s eyes were reflected in his own ones. Not only the both of them, but also everyone that is risking their lives to be part of this is determined to win and get out of this mess alive. “Stay safe.” The older male whispered before shifting and running into the forest, his group behind him.

The corners of Jongdae’s lips tugged up a little as he gave a small smile. *You too hyung.*

 

“You will be safe here.” Taeryung opened the door to a house not far away from the pack house. The only reason why they did not bring Kyungsoo faraway was because they might need D.O’s powers but they could not bear to see him injured. The worst part is that their enemies might grab hold of him and force the wolf demon out of him again.

“I’m sorry for imposing on you.” Kyungsoo apologised as Taeryung locked the door. The older man turned around and shook his head.

“It is nothing. Now that the GreyRaven and BloodCrow pack has decided to attack the Halo Town, it is no longer just the TwoMoons’ business. We are all responsible for protecting our town. Besides, you are part of the TwoMoons pack and you are just as important as the rest of the pack is to us, Sir.”

Kyungsoo grimaced when he heard that unfamiliar address. Now he knows how awkward and funny Yifan feels when he called him that. “Please, just Kyungsoo will do.”

“Honey, is that him?” A woman in her late twenties asked before Taeryung could reply Kyungsoo. Taeryung nodded the same time as Kyungsoo bowed. The red-headed male introduced himself and she welcomed him with a warm smile. “Are you hungry?” She asked and tugged him into the kitchen.

“Daddy?” Two kids at around the age of five went up to Taeryung and they each hugged onto one leg.

“Hey kiddos.” A fatherly smile was plastered on his face the moment he saw his children.

“Daddy, who is that?” His son asked while his daughter was staring at the direction of the kitchen. Taeryung explained who Kyungsoo was while his daughter went to the kitchen. She went towards her mother and Kyungsoo who were preparing some chicken for lunch. She tugged on Kyungsoo pants and he looked down at her.

“Hey there.” Kyungsoo bent down to reach her height.

“I like you. You are handsome.” She wrapped her small arms around his neck. Dumbfounded by her words, all Kyungsoo did was to blink while Mrs Hong was giggling at her daughter’s odd actions.

“I believe my daughter has found her prince charming.” Taeryung joked as he came into the kitchen with his son still attached to his leg like a koala bear.

Those words made Kyungsoo snap out of his daze. “I like you too, little girl.” He carried her, letting her rest on his arms.

“Does that mean I can marry you?” She looked at him with such innocent eyes that made him laugh.

Taeryung carried his daughter away before looking at Kyungsoo. “Sorry for that. She is so weird at times that I don’t know what to do.” He her hair as she rested her head on his chest, staring at Kyungsoo. “If only she knows who she was talking to.” Those words were not meant to say that Kyungsoo is the wolf demon but that he belongs to the TwoMoons pack.

The doe eyed boy mentally shuddered when the thought of his friends getting jealous flashed through his mind. Taeryung’s daughter might be only five and does not know what she is talking about but Kyungsoo was sure that his friends will still glare at her if they heard that. It is funny how they are willing to share him with 11 other people but glares at someone else when they notice them just looking at him.

“You have to stay safe no matter what.” Kyungsoo snapped up at Taeryung’s voice. “No matter how I see it, you are now the core of our town. The TwoMoons pack loves you and if something were to happen to you, I’m sure they will collapse. And if they collapse, then so will this town.”

He is right and Kyungsoo knows it. “Don’t worry.” The younger male whispered as he squeezed the piece of the crystal ball that was hanging safely around his neck.

 

++

*How’s things going there?* Joonmyeon asked the cousins through the mind link. A shuffle was heard from this right and he looked at the person who was making that noise, asking him to be quiet.

*Everything’s fine, hyung. We have easily gotten rid of this group.* Sehun reported, chuckling when he heard Luhan snorted at his messy killing habit. Luhan the blood off Sehun’s muzzle before going to check if there are any injuries.

*Good. Bring any injured person back to the house and wait for further instructions from Yixing.* Joonmyeon said before focusing back to the scene in front of him. They were hiding behind the bushes and trees, waiting for their enemy to attack. It has been an hour since the news that the GreyRaven and BloodCrow packs were here, but the beta still has yet to encounter any intruders. Like them, their enemies too decided to split into groups.

Just then, a whiff of an unfamiliar scent went by and Joonmyeon instinctively let out a low growl. The rest of his group tensed, aware of the presence of their enemies. It was not long before they could hear the footsteps and soon, they could see them running towards the pack house. Before they could take another step, Joonmyeon let out a roar as he leapt over the bush and ran towards his targets, signalling his group to start attacking as well.

 

The alphas of the GreyRaven and BloodCrow pack stealthily ran past the group that was attacking Joonmyeon and his group. After seeing how the TwoMoons pack were split up, they have decided to use this tactic where they will hide behind a group before running away when they were busy fighting. Daeyoung looked to his right where Jungmin was running beside him. With them were their betas. Daeyoung managed to see the impatient look on Jungmin’s face before the younger male sped up and sprint towards the TwoMoons pack. Daeyoung wanted to shout at the boy for being so rash as there might be a trap in front of them.

Jungmin could see the pack house up ahead and that made him speed up. Right when he was about get out of the forest, he felt a sharp jab of teeth biting into his neck, flinging him far away from his destination. Jungmin let out a whimper as his back was met with the bark of the tree. Hearing a low growl, he looked up just to see a huge, black wolf baring its teeth at him. Beside the black wolf were five other wolves, all of them had their claws sinking deep into the ground, as if going to pounce on Jungmin any second from now.

Daeyoung finally caught up with Jungmin but stopped when he saw the figure standing in front of the latter. Jungmin’s beta stood protectively in front of him while Daeyoung immediately hid behind a tree, his own beta copying his movements. Daeyoung was sure that all four of them here would be able to take down Yifan alone. But it would take a miracle for them to win this fight, especially when Yifan has five other backups.

Yifan gave out a bark and his group proceed to attack both Jungmin and his beta. It took them about a minute to end the life of Jungmin’s beta. Jungmin on the other hand was holding up quite well. It might be the fact that he is now alpha, making him stronger than before. As three of the shifters took care of Jungmin while the other two settled the beta, Yifan just stood there watching the entire scene before him.

Before the two shifters were able to go over to help the rest, a gunshot was heard and Yifan managed to swerve slightly to the left before the bullet lodged itself into his flesh. He stumbled towards the bark and looked up, noticing a group of humans together with Daeyoung and another shifter. He cursed himself for not being able to sense Daeyoung’s presence earlier and also for the fact that these humans are hunters. Hunters also means that it makes the job for Yifan more difficult. *Be careful guys. There are hunters.* He notified the rest of the TwoMoon pack of the incoming threat.

Daeyoung caught a glimpse of Yifan looking at his direction and quickly fled. Engaging in a one-on-one fight with that guy is the stupidest idea ever. Yifan wanted to go after the person who not only made Jongin suffer, but also Kyungsoo. As he was about to make a run for him, he was held back by a hunter whose dagger almost stabbed his torso. He was thankful for his quick reflexes and alertness as he tumbled away from the attacker. A dirty blonde wolf ran past him and Yifan immediately knew who it was. *Jongin!* Jongin ignored his alpha and ran after his father, knowing that the rest of his group will serve as a good backup for him.

Yifan sighed as he watched his friend run away. Jongin must have smelled Daeyoung’s scent when they were back from their fight and immediately came over. The thought of Jongin getting injured if he fights with Daeyoung made the alpha panicke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter