"I love them"

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

CHAPTER fourty

The first drop of the rain landed on the window pane, making Yifan look up from the map in front of him. After Seokjin, Geunyoung and Jonghyun left, he was left alone to think. The route Seokjin picked was flawless. There will be enough places for them to hide from the enemy and if they were caught, then will be able to spilt up easily by going to different routes. However, this was the enemy’s lair they were infiltrating and GreyRaven might have a trick or two up their sleeves. Not to mention, this is Kyungsoo we are talking about. Yifan did not want to risk a single chance that any slight mistake will put the boy in danger.

He watched as the rain poured, seeing droplets and droplets of rain fall to the ground. Halo Town was not the place which usually rains. It rains once a while but not as frequent as other towns. Usually, when it rains, it means that- “Something is wrong.” He shot up from his seat and headed towards the door. Before he could open it, Jongin pushed the door open and Yifan took a step back before the blonde could smash his nose with the door.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Jongin worriedly asked when he saw his alpha’s face. It was filled with disbelief and worry.

“We need to find Yixing. Now.” He ordered and went out of the room, Jongin following behind him. He was not sure if Yixing was the one in trouble. He just felt it and prayed that he was wrong. Losing Kyungsoo has already taken a toll on him. Yifan did not want his brother to be in danger too. Jongin went to tell the rest to find Yixing while Yifan ran out of the house and shifted into his wolf, not caring if it was raining or that he might catch a cold. He promised his dead father that he will take care of Yixing and there was no way he is going to break another promise again.

Yifan tried to block out the smell of rain and focused on his brother’s smell and anything that is out of place. He scrutinised each area, trying to find any tracks or leads as to where his brother might be. Yifan loved the rain because it is cooling and it rarely appears but now he hated it as it is covering up his brother’s tracks and any clues that might give him the answer that he wanted. *Xing!* He shouted into the pack link and he could hear the rest calling for their alpha too. Yifan felt their fear, worry and concern for his brother.

He saw a blur of white run past him followed by a blonde colour and he knew the two maknaes were using their speed to their advantage to trace Yixing down. Jongin sped to the next town while Sehun ran towards the town’s perimeter instead incase their enemy might choose not to directly head to town. *Joonmyeon went to Seokjin and Jonghyun to explain what happened and he is asking the rest for help.* Minseok told Yifan and the alpha nodded. Minseok then ran after Jongin to make sure he is not alone while Luhan, who was right behind Minseok, ran after his cousin.

*Xing, can you hear me?* Yifan asked and the rest quietened down, hoping to hear a response from Yixing as well but none came. Their alpha roared in frustration before digging his sharp nails into the soil and using whatever strength he has left to push himself to run faster, hoping he can catch up with Yixing.

 

Yixing woke up to the sound of water dripping. The first thing he felt was how cold the room was and how it actually smelled like sewage. He remembered encountering Kyungsoo who was the wolf demon and lost to the fight; not like anyone could win it anyways. Yixing tried to move his body and cursed because he could not. He was not sure for how long has he been out and it is either the paralyse serum is still in effect or that they injection a new one into him, knowing metal chains would not be able to hold him back.

So, he did the only one thing he could do: open his eyes. A blurred figure of something sitting in front of him greeted him and when his eyes finally managed to focus to it, he saw that it was Kyungsoo. The boy was just staring at him with no emotions on his face. His eyes were black and soulless, as if watching Yixing just because he was told to. The red-headed male got up and was about to go out of the room when Yixing spoke. “Do Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo stopped and turned to face the man on the floor. He waited for Yixing to say something but all Yixing did was to stare at him. His eyes begin to tear up at thoughts of Kyungsoo not smiling anymore. He remembered how the boy would always smile and laugh with them and not protecting his happiness kills Yixing. “Kyungsoo-ah.” He finally spoke. “Do you not remember me? I’m your Yixing hyung.” Confusion flashed through Kyungsoo’s eyes but it went away as soon as it came. His eyes went back to its soulless state and went out of the room.

Minutes later, Daeyoung came into the room alone. “I see you are up.” He stated the obvious and Yixing rolled his eyes.

“What is your purpose of doing this?” The younger male demanded as Daeyoung took a seat on the chair that Kyungsoo was sitting on earlier.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter