Surprise

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

CHAPTER THIRTY five

A sigh was heard for the nth time that hour as the TwoMoon pack and Kyungsoo’s cousin sat in the living room, trying to think of what might happened to Kyungsoo. They had searched every single inch of the town, even searching into the dustbins incase Jaehyung or his lackeys might throw Kyungsoo inside. They went to the Halo Lake, hoping the boy would be there but he was not. They searched through the forest and even half of the next town but to no avail. No one knew where he is but they guessed that 99% of it had to do with the GreyRaven pack.

Geunyoung suddenly stood up and Jonghyun held onto her wrist before she could leave. “You have to rest.” He simply said as she tried to release his hold on her.

“How do you expect me to rest when our cousin is out there somewhere? He might even be with his old pack and who knows what they will do to him.” She finally managed to free her hand and stomped out of the house. Jonghyun let out a tired sigh before following her, not wanting anymore of his family members to get hurt.

“Why don’t we just go to the GreyRaven pack?” Baekhyun looked at Yixing.

“We can but what’s the use? Going in uninvited means we are invading their territory and that would only result in a fight and even worse, a war. Even if we go there without any ill intentions, they will not believe us. They will lie and say Bambi is not with them even if he is.”

“But they might do something bad to him, seeing how there was an old ert who wanted him.” Jongdae joined in the conversation and Yifan clenched his fist tightly when many thoughts of the old ert violating his innocent Kyungsoo came to his mind.

“Things will be much easier if only we aren’t the guardians of the Halo Town. I don’t mind risking my life by charging into their town but the lives of the people here are on our shoulders and you have to remember that.” Yixing gently chided s. “Now all we can do is to wait for the Luminous pack to come.”

Yifan tore his eyes away from the clock and looked at his brother. “The Pacific pack is coming to help too. Geunyoung called her father yesterday and they agreed to help.” The younger male nodded at Yifan’s words. “Everyone should get some rest and get prepared for a fight.” 

One by one, they went to their room to get some rest but Jongin remained seated on the couch. “What if he is suffering right now while we get some sleep? Why do we get to enjoy while he suffers? Kyungsoo hated that guy. He said he never wanted to see him again. Kyungsoo was so afraid of him.” Jongin whispered the last part as tears filled his eyes. He wanted to find the red-headed male that he fell in love with. He wanted to wrap his arms around that petite body. He wanted to kiss those plump lips which he loves so much. He wants to keep Kyungsoo safe and ensure that he will be out of danger’s reach.

“I know how you feel, Jongin. We all do but we have to protect this town too. Charging in like that means war and we would not be able to keep the people safe if we do something as reckless as that.” Yifan said and Jongin looked at him. “Once the rest comes, we will go there and find him while they stay here to look after the town. We will get him back and we will kill whoever is involved with this whole situation.” Jongin nodded and wiped his tears before going to his room.

Yixing looked at Yifan with sad eyes. “Hyung-”

“I know Xing, I know. We might be risking innocent people’s life in this fight but I have to get him back or I will go crazy without knowing what is going on there. The rest will go crazy too if Kyungsoo does not return to our side.”

The younger male smiled and squeezed his brother’s shoulder. “I know, hyung. I just wanted to tell you to get some rest as well. You don’t look too good.” Yifan gave him a small smile before heading towards his room as well. Yixing sighed and looked at the fluffy white clouds that were floating freely in the sky. *Wait a while more for us, Kyungsoo. I promise we will get you out of there.*

 

++

Kyungsoo chewed on his toast absentmindedly while he looked around the living room. It was a small home, making it cosy and there were only two people living in the house; he and Daeyoung. Daeyoung flipped another page of the newspaper and Kyungsoo shifted his attention to the alpha as he took another bite off his toast. Daeyoung felt someone staring at him and he looked up from his newspaper. “Is there something wrong, Soo?”

“Soo!”

Kyungsoo dropped the toast onto his plate and Daeyoung looked at him worriedly. The doe eyed boy looked around, as if expecting to see the person who called him. The voice was familiar, deep and rich and there was something else Kyungsoo could not put a finger to it. *I must be imagining it.* He shook his head in denial and looked at Daeyoung. He was right about imagining it because the alpha did not hear anything.

“Are you okay?” Daeyoung asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter