Becoming stronger

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER Seventeen

A loud crash was heard from outside and Kyungsoo tensed up. A familiar howl echoed the place painfully and the red-headed boy was immediately out of the room. No. Just no. It could not be, could it?

Chaos greeted him the moment he stepped out of safety. Blood were everywhere. Any shifter that could fight is fighting, be it female or male. Parts of bodies were on the floor and Kyungsoo grimaced at the gruesome sight. “What are you doing here?! You are supposed to be inside!” Joonmyeon demanded when he saw Kyungsoo.

*He’s right. What am I doing here?* Kyungsoo’s huge orbs darted around, as if finding the reason why he decided to come out instead of being inside and keeping the humans safe. Just then, he saw a familiar white wolf on the floor, panting as he tried to stand up. The wolf gave out another cry of pain when the hunter kicked him and Kyungsoo immediately knew that it was he who howled just now.

“Sehun!” The doe eyed boy wanted to go to his friend but he was too late as the hunter stabbed Sehun. “Sehun!”

 

“Sehun!” Kyungsoo’s eyes flew opened and everyone in the room looked at him. Sweat was dripping from the tip of his hair and his hands were clenched tightly in fear. He closed his eyes tightly and tried to calm down but he kept shaking. Everything felt so surreal, and it felt the same as the first dream.

A warm hand caressed his cheek and he looked up just to see Luhan looking at him in worry. “Are you okay?”

“It’s just a nightmare.” Kyungsoo’s voice was hoarse and he cleared his throat. Minseok passed him a glass of water and he thankfully took it. “I dreamt that Sehun was injured.”

“I’m alright, hyung.” The maknae went to him and gave him an adorable smile. Kyungsoo could not help but to pat his head and return the smile.

*He’s alright. Just like how Yifan is.* The red-headed male looked at his alpha and saw that the older male was also looking at him in worry.

Yifan was worried, all right. A few hours ago, Dujoon was examining Kyungsoo and Minseok brought the boy after that, only to come back an hour later with a sleeping Kyungsoo on his back. The guys argued on who the adorable boy should lie on, as if they have forgotten that Kyungsoo has a room and a bed. While they were arguing, Luhan took that opportunity to cuddle the sleeping boy, much their annoyance and Yifan’s amusement.

“I’m fine, really.” Kyungsoo said but directed it to his alpha. Yifan looked at him for a few more seconds before nodding. If he said that he is alright then he is, right? Kyungsoo got up the seat and went to sit beside his alpha. “Hyung, can you teach me how to fight?”

Yifan wanted to say no because he was afraid that the doe eyed boy might get injured while training but then again, Kyungsoo was a shifter as well. He must learn how to fight and defend himself and since he is part of the DarkMoon pack, he must also bear the responsibility of protecting the people of this town. “It’s not going to be easy.” Yifan truthfully said and Kyungsoo gave him a small smile.

“I never thought it was going to be. After all I got to train and fight for the people right? We have to protect them no matter what since they mean so much to you and Yixing hyung. If I don’t know how to fight then I’ll just be in the way.” For a spilt second, Yifan thought he saw a matured and serious guy instead of the usual adorable and innocent boy.

“I can’t promise you that you won’t be hurt. Do you still want to do it?” Kyungsoo eagerly nodded at his alpha’s words. “Follow me then.” Yifan got up from the couch and the red-headed male stood up as well but Joonmyeon was holding onto his hand, preventing the boy from moving any further.

“Hyung.” Joonmyeon looked at Yifan and the older male stopped walking and turned back. “He’s not ready.”

“Then when will he be? You know that if he does not learn how to protect himself, his and the people’s lives will be in danger.”

“He is not ready.” The beta of the DarkMoon pack repeated, his voice low and dangerous, as if he would attack his alpha at any moment. “Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter