Family

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Present Day

Contrary to what Luhan had imagined, the adoption center was a bright yellow three-storied building that looked amazingly like one of those popular preschools he oftentimes sees advertised in magazines. He hasn't even entered the building, but he could already hear the bustling excitement of children coming forth from the many opened windows. He smiles as he realizes the reason why Baekhyun chose this particular adoption center.

 

Once inside, he's immediately greeted by a young lady in a pink apron with bunnies on it. She asks for his identification and tells him to sign in before handing him a sticker that had the word “Visitor” printed in gold. He places the sticker on his left chest and quickly follows the worker. She gives him a quick tour of the facility before leaving him to explore on his own. Luhan could see Baekhyun in one of the private offices talking to who Luhan assumed was his assigned agent. She was a frail looking lady who was impeccably dressed and, unfortunately, hard of hearing. Baekhyun would often complain about how hard it was for her to hear him when he's beside her weaker left side.

 

Luhan walks past the room and once around the corner, he sees the large playroom, already filled with children between the ages of 5 and 10. He walks up to the large glass window and peers inside. A few of the children notices him and cheerfully waves at him. He waves back at them, a tiny smile gracing his face. They all looked happy, or at the very least, content. Luhan looks around for a particular child, one he's only heard vivid descriptions of. He's just about to conclude that the child was not there when he spots a little girl with long black hair braided into pigtails and wearing an elaborate yellow dress reminiscent of Belle's dress from Beauty and the Beast. Like Baekhyun had described, she is a beautiful child with chubby cheeks, round, curious eyes and small heart-shaped pink lips. Her ears stuck out, similar to how Chanyeol's ears did. She has a very cherubic look about her, and Luhan could tell that she's a very smart child, one that didn't allow her unfortunate circumstances to limit her.

 

Her name was Mina. Yoo Mina.

 

From what Baekhyun had told him, Luhan recalls her being an only child. Her parents had passed away in a car accident, and since they eloped due to the disapproval of their families, little Mina had no one else. She's been at the orphanage for two years, and though a lot of adoptive parents were interested in taking her home, she had shown no interest in being adopted. Baekhyun mentioned that it was a miracle that she was even comfortable around him and Chanyeol when they first met. He also mentioned how he was drawn to her the moment he met her. He just knew.

 

Right now, little Mina is sitting by herself at a tiny purple table near the corner of the room, though it doesn't look like she's bothered by the lack of company. The table is set in the style of a tea party. There are three other seats around the table, two with stuffed penguins seated in them. One chair, the one opposite of Mina's chair, is empty. Luhan watches curiously as the little 5 year old starts pouring juice into each of the tea cups. She seems quite confident in her pouring abilities though Luhan could see plenty of spilling here and there. It almost feels as though she chooses to ignore the spills. Luhan smiles at her resemblance to Baekhyun.

 

After she finishes, she sits down and looks at the stuffed penguins carefully, eyeing them with a stern look. It seems as though she's telepathically telling them not to drink anything yet, not until the final guest is here. Luhan wonders who the last guest could be. He looks around and sees that no one else is paying Mina any attention.

 

Just then the door from the other side of the room opens and a single line of younger children filed in, followed by the caregiver. They all looked younger than four, and from the looks of the sleepy gazes from their faces, they had all just came from a nap. Luhan notices immediately the way Mina perks up at the new arrivals. Her eyes are busy scanning the group for someone in particular. Once she sees the one the she's been waiting for, she gets up from her seat and hastily makes her way over. She takes the hand of a small boy, probably the smallest of the bunch, and leads him to her purple table. He looks to be about three with insanely curly hair and a set of adorable dimples. His eyes were barely opened as Mina made him sit on the chair opposite hers. She gives him an affectionate pat on the head before she returns to her seat. She says a few words before taking a sip of her juice. She nods at the penguins and proceeds to dunk their beaks into the cups. The boy, however, took his time in inspecting the contents of his cup. Now that he's awake, he looks up at Mina, who smiles sweetly at him. Deciding that it couldn't be so bad, he takes a sip of his juice. Once he realizes that it's juice, he hurriedly finishes the rest. Luhan could see Mina grinning from the sight of her special guest enjoying what she had prepared.

 

Luhan couldn't help but smile at their interesting dynamic.

 

“She's perfect, isn't she?” Baekhyun asks as he comes up behind Luhan.

 

“Mhm. Quite interesting too.”

 

“Do you think we're ready for her?”

 

Luhan looks at Baekhyun and then back at Mina. “The better question is – Is she ready for you two?”

 

Baekhyun smiles. “Actually, she's quite fond of Chanyeol. I think it's the ears.”

 

Luhan chuckles. “They do have that in common. Daddy's girl in the making.”

 

“Chanyeol is already excited at the prospect of giving her that special title.”

 

“If Chanyeol is daddy, what would she call you?”

 

Baekhyun takes a moment to answer. “Papa. I remember calling my grandfather that, and it brings back sweet memories.”

 

“Papa Baek. It has a nice ring to it,” says Luhan with a smile.

 

“She's such an insightful and creative child,” Baekhyun continues, “Reminds me of myself when I was younger.”

 

Now that he said that, Luhan could definitely see Baekhyun hosting his own tea party as a child, making sure everything was perfect and all the stuffed party guests were behaving properly.

 

“When do you get the green light?” Luhan asks. He knows how tired Baekhyun has been lately because of the arduous adoption process. For his friend's sake, he hopes it'll be finished soon.

 

“Well, our application is submitted. They're just checking everything out. A few more interviews. Can't be too careful.”

 

“I understand...”

 

Baekhyun sighs. “Hopefully, soon.”

 

Luhan puts his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders. “Soon.”

 

 

 

“Sehun?” Luhan calls as he closes the door. “Sehun, I'm home.” He knows for sure that Sehun is home because his car is parked in their garage. What he doesn't know is why Sehun hasn't answered.

 

“Honey?” Luhan tries again. “Honey, I'm –”

 

Yap!

 

Luhan's eyes widen when a small ball of fluff comes running towards him. The fluff ball circles around him twice before stopping right in front of his toes. Now that he's had a closer look, the fluff ball is actually a puppy. A living, breathing puppy. The white puppy starts at his socks as Luhan stands there, dumbfounded as to why there's a dog in their house.

 

Yap! Yap!

 

Snapping out of his momentary daze, Luhan gets down on his knees and picks the puppy up. It's a male puppy, a bichon frise if Luhan had to guess. And, boy, is he adorable. The puppy gives his face a curious . Yes, he is definitely a fluffy ball of cuteness. Luhan could tell that he's already smitten by the puppy.

 

“Vivi!” Sehun suddenly appears, looking exasperated. “Vivi, that's not what we planned!”

 

“And what was the original plan?” Luhan asks, though he could see the bright red bow Sehun held in his hands.

 

Sehun falls to his knees. “Before you get mad about us suddenly having a dog in the house, I have to explain.”

 

“And you got yourself in an appropriate position,” Luhan teases. He's honestly not mad about the unexpected guest.

 

“It's hard for you to yell at me if I'm on my knees,” Sehun explains with a cheeky smile. Luhan rolls his eyes. He looks down at Vivi and smiles when the dog looks back at him, his head tilting to the side ever so slightly. What a photogenic pup.

 

“Why do we have a dog, Sehun?”

 

“Right. That. He was wandering around the parking lot of the firm, and, babe, he gave me this pleading look like he needed me to save him, and I couldn't just leave him there! Chanyeol and I looked around and couldn't find his mom or his owner. He doesn't have a collar, and we didn't want to take him to the pound, not after he got attached to me.”

 

“Mhm.” Luhan starts petting Vivi's head. The puppy seems to love this because his tail wouldn't stop wagging at Luhan's touch.

 

“He's actually really sweet and obedient,” Sehun continues, eyeing Luhan with caution. “I know we haven't really discussed having pets, but can we please keep him?”

 

“You really want to keep him?”

 

“I do!”

 

“Are you going to keep bringing home stray puppies?”

 

“He's the only one, I swear!”

 

“And we're both going to be responsible for him, but mainly you?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Hmmm.” After finding more courage, Vivi gives his face another shy . Luhan grins. “Why did you name him Vivi?”

 

“It just came to me, and once I said it, he answered, so I knew it was his name.”

 

Vivi squeals once before he dashes over to Sehun's side. He sits and watches Sehun, as if waiting for him to give a command, though Luhan doubts he would understand it considering his age.

 

“He is fond of you,” Luhan notes.

 

“Can you blame him?” Sehun grins, making Luhan want to kiss that wide smile off his face. “So....are we keeping him?”

 

Luhan takes a deep breath. “Yes, we can keep him.”

 

Sehun punches the air in celebration. “Yes! Vivi! You're staying with us!” He picks up the dog and taps his nose. Vivi immediately his fingers. Sehun chuckles.

 

“Cute,” Luhan whispers, more to himself but Sehun hears him anyway.

 

Sehun raises one of his eyebrows. “Vivi or me?”

 

Luhan rolls his eyes because Sehun does not need an answer for that. He crawls over to where Sehun is and grabs his face. “Where is my 'Welcome home' kiss?”

 

Sehun smiles. He pulls Luhan in by the waist. “Vivi, look away. I'm about to do grown up things with Baba.”

 

“Baba?”

 

“Yes. How else would Vivi know who we're referring to?”

 

“And if I'm Baba then you are?”

 

“Appa.”

 

“Ah. Not strange at all.”

 

Sehun laughs. “It's not, babe.” He leans in and kisses Luhan on the lips. “Since you were generous enough to let me keep Vivi, how about I return the favor? I'll be your genie and grant you one wish. Whatever it is, name it.”

 

Luhan wraps his arms around Sehun. “Just one wish? What kind of cheap genie are you?”

 

“A temporary one. It's not my main source of income.” Sehun winks while Luhan resists the urge to break character and laugh at the absurdity.

 

“Is that so?”

 

“Yes. Just one wish should suffice.”

 

“Mhm.” Luhan takes a moment to consider his options. Once his eyes landed on the red bow Sehun had thrown aside, he knew what he wanted. Luhan picks up the bow and sticks it on Sehun's head. “There. I've made my wish.”

 

Sehun blinks twice. “You want to have my hair?” he asks, clearly pretending to be clueless. “I know I have a good head of hair, but I didn't think you were jealous of my glorious locks.”

 

“Sehun, I don't want your hair.” Luhan leans closer, hoping Sehun catches the look in his eyes. As cute as Sehun is when he's playing dumb, Luhan just wants his wish granted already.

 

“Oh.” Sehun's eyes widen just a fraction. “You want my – that.”

 

“Don't act surprised, Sehun, and give me what I want,” Luhan demands with a playful tone.

 

“Vivi, cover your ears. Baba is saying naughty things.” When they don't get a response, Sehun and Luhan both look down at the puppy, who was currently chasing his own tail. Sehun looks at Luhan. “He's a smart dog, I promise.”

 

“Right.”

 

“I mean it.”

 

“I believe you.” Luhan gives Sehun a peck on the cheek. “So, are you going to grant me my wish or what?”

 

“Yes! About that,” Sehun gets up, tugging Luhan up with him, “One wish coming your way, babe.” He picks up Vivi and adds, “But we have to put Vivi to sleep first.”

 

Luhan follows Sehun into the kitchen, where a comfy plush dog bed had been set out for Vivi, along with a water bowl and plenty of chew toys. He crosses his arms. “You knew I was going to say yes.”

 

Sehun smiles. “There was a slight chance you wouldn't agree, but I was banking on my smoldering good looks to win the day.”

 

“You and Jongin are certainly best friends.”

 

“Does it work on Kyungsoo though?”

 

“Sometimes.”

 

Sehun nods as if he knew what that answer entails. “Good to know. Jongin has always wondered if his lines worked on him. I guess I should let him know that his efforts to come up with embarrassing lines weren't completely in vain.”

 

Sehun places Vivi in his spacious bed. The dog circles around the cushy bed a few times before plopping down. His eyes slowly start to close as he yawns adorably, and Luhan wonders how he went from having no pet this morning to currently watching his new puppy sleep.

 

“We should get to bed,” says Sehun as he takes Luhan's hand. “Goodnight, Vivi,” says Sehun as he turns off the lights. He then leads Luhan out of the kitchen and onto the staircase. “How was the adoption center?”

 

“It was great,” answers Luhan as he tries not to smile at the fact that Sehun is holding his hands as they go up the stairs. “I saw Mina.”

 

“Oh? Is she exactly like they described?”

 

“She is. I think they're going to make such a wonderful trio.”

 

“That's good. Chanyeol's really excited about the whole thing. He keeps ordering parenting books during his free time.”

 

“That's sweet.”

 

“Speaking of sweet,” says Sehun as they finally reach the upstairs hallway. “How should I present your reward to you?”

 

“Oh, sweetheart, you don't have to refer to yourself as a reward.” Luhan caresses Sehun's face, his thumb tracing Sehun's bottom lip in a teasing manner.

 

“But, darling, it is what I am.”

 

Luhan laughs. “Stop. You're starting to sound like your other best friend, Tao.”

 

Sehun wraps his arms around Luhan's waist. “Only if you make me.”

 

“You're hopeless.”

 

“Hopelessly in love with you. Yes.”

 

Luhan bites back a grin. “Clever save.”

 

“Only the best for my baby.”

 

“Sehunnn,” Luhan groans as he pulls away from Sehun and enters their bedroom. He turns back to look suggestively at Sehun. “Don't just stand there and come grant me my wish, genie.”

 

Sehun gives a sloppy salute before he rushes inside their bedroom. “Yes, sir!”

 

 

*******

This is going to be a disaster. A complete disaster.

 

Sehun has no idea why he's in this predicament, but then he remembers that oh, right, he's completely in love with Luhan and thus, unable to say no to his beautiful lover. It's a blessing to find someone he loves dearly, but also a curse because once Luhan decides to host a camping trip for their wedding anniversary, Sehun can't really refuse, especially not when Luhan is kissing along his jawline, his hands playing with the drawstrings of Sehun's sweatpants. It's amazing how flirtatious Luhan could be when he wants something. It's also unbelievably attractive.

 

And Sehun mentally curses himself for being so weak.

 

“How much longer is this climb?” Baekhyun whines from behind him. “My legs are going to fall off before we reach the peak.”

 

For a moment, Sehun wonders how he would actually feel if that were to happen. The thought isn't completely unpleasant. Luhan is probably going to kill him if he ever finds himself inside Sehun's thoughts. He quickly shakes his head.

 

“We're not climbing Mount Everest,” says Sehun, tone unamused. “We're literally a yard away from where we parked.”

 

“Thank goodness because I don't think I can be too far away from civilization.”

 

“Baek, you're exaggerating,” says Luhan as he comes up to Sehun's left side. He reaches for Sehun's hand, their fingers automatically intertwining. “We're almost near the site.”

 

“I can't believe I let you talk me into camping,” says Baekhyun. “Camping. Of all things to do on your wedding anniversary, you want to be outside with mother nature, eat beans from a can and sleep in an ugly bag?”

 

Despite their many differences, there is one thing Sehun and Baekhyun share – their complete inability to say no to Luhan.

 

“I'm sure there's a special meaning to this trip,” says Chanyeol as he grabs hold of Baekhyun to keep him from toppling over a large rock.

 

“Chanyeol is exactly right,” chirps Luhan. He squeezes Sehun's hand, excitement written all over his face. Sehun wishes he could share the sentiment, but he's not quite sure Luhan realizes who else was invited to this gathering. Or maybe he does realize who's coming but chooses to see the positivity in everything. Typical Luhan behavior.

 

Having Baekhyun was enough to give him a headache, so Sehun can't possibly imagine how things would turn out once the other two special guests get here. One thing is for sure – Sehun packed plenty of migraine medications.

 

Once they reach their designated spot, Luhan immediately goes over to greet Yixing and Suho, who were already setting up the grill. Kyungsoo and Jongin are currently finishing their tent set up. They both look up when Sehun approaches.

 

“You look beat,” notes Jongin as he looks Sehun up and down. “Was the short walk up here that bad?”

 

“No. Just Baekhyun.”

 

“Ah.” Jongin looks over and sees Baekhyun waiting for Chanyeol to search their numerous bags for a bottle of water. “Chanyeol deserves a holiday named after him.”

 

Kyungsoo snorts. “Oh, please. If Chanyeol gets a holiday, I get to be president.”

 

“I'm not that bad,” argues Jongin. “Since when have I made you pack me sparkling mineral water?”

 

Kyungsoo and Sehun both turn to find Baekhyun drinking from a fancy looking bottle, the kind no one buys at the grocery store because it's ridiculously overpriced for just water.

 

“We had to drive back to the apartment because you didn't think you had enough socks for the trip,” Kyungsoo states. “We're only staying one night. Seven pairs is a bit much, don't you think?”

 

Jongin shrugs. “You know I like options.”

 

“Well, I hope you like the option of sleeping on a log if I ever catch you complaining about not bringing a particular pair of socks.”

 

“You don't have to worry about that, Soo. I wouldn't give up the chance to share a sleeping bag with you.” Jongin makes a kissy face, which Sehun assumes is his way of making up with Kyungsoo, but it doesn't appear to be working because Kyungsoo looks utterly unimpressed.

 

Sehun takes that as his cue to leave.

 

When he nears Suho and Yixing, he could hear the two of them telling Baekhyun that his special expensive water wasn't really special at all. Yixing even described it as “just one level above good old tap water.” Sehun knows that his friends are just looking out for Baekhyun, but the latter didn't seem too pleased with the revelation. He quickly changes the topic, which is basically a maneuver Baekhyun uses whenever he's not winning a conversation, even if there's no competition to be won.

 

“Why did you pick this spot?” he asks, gesturing around the campsite.

 

“Well, first, it's way better than what we had last time we went camping,” Suho answers. He side-eyes Yixing to see if his lover agrees. Yixing finally nods, and Sehun sees relief dancing across Suho's face.

 

“What's wrong with the site last time?”

 

“Oh, nothing. It just wasn't a real campsite. We did it in Yixing's backyard.” Suho once again glances at Yixing, but this time, he's smiling.

 

Baekhyun straightens up. “Oh. Yixing, I didn't know you were raised in the wild....” He looks at Yixing and nods slowly. “It all makes sense now.”

 

Before Yixing could offer a proper explanation or even a witty retort, Baekhyun walks away to help Chanyeol set up their tent.

 

“Did he just....” Yixing murmurs.

 

“Xing....” Luhan calls, face apologetic.

 

“He just implied that I was raised in the woods and away from civilization...” Yixing looks at Luhan and then at Sehun, as if waiting for them to explain why Baekhyun was made the way he was. Sehun had no valid response for that mystery.

 

Suho puts his hand on Yixing's shoulder and says, “Now, sweetie, I'm sure he didn't mean it in a negative way.”

 

Yixing gives the back of Baekhyun's head a hard glare. “What are his allergies?”

 

“Uh...” Sehun and Luhan both look at each other, not quite sure what to make of Yixing's question.

 

“Xing, don't be silly. I know you're not going to do anything to hurt Baekhyun,” says Suho.

 

“Why not? I can cure him just as fast. I have epinephrine pens in my medical bag. If he swells up, I can just stick him.”

 

Suho gives Yixing a look, as though Yixing's threat was an everyday occurrence. “I know you can, and I know you always bring your medical bag on these trips. I'm just saying that it would ruin the mood of the trip.”

 

Sehun is pretty sure that Yixing slipping a few nuts in Baekhyun's pudding would do more than just “ruin the mood of the trip” but he's not going to get involved.

 

“I'm just joking,” says Yixing as Luhan looks about ready to speak up, to come to Baekhyun's defense.

 

“Uh. Right. I knew that,” says Luhan. He gives Yixing another curious look before going back to getting the food ready.

 

Sehun is quite positive that Yixing would never do anything to hurt anyone. Yixing's a doctor. It's against his moral code for heaven's sake. But he is also sure that Yixing has been and will always be a wild card.

 

“You think I'm capable of pulling that off?” whispers Yixing as Suho turns to help Luhan.

 

“You're capable of anything you put your mind to, Yixing,” answers Sehun with a hint of awe in his voice.

 

Yixing smiles. “Thank you, Sehun. That means a lot. But I was really kidding.”

 

“I don't doubt you.” He flashes Yixing a genuine smile.

 

After spending a solid 15 minutes putting his and Luhan's tent up, Sehun looks around to find Kyungsoo and Jongin gawking at Baekhyun and Chanyeol as they were finishing their tent set up.

 

“They got it up in less than five minutes,” Kyungsoo mutters, looking astonished.

 

“Which is...unexpected,” Jongin adds. “Especially from those two.”

 

“They went to military school,” Sehun explains. The couple turn to look at him, confused. “Setting up a tent is second nature to them. Baekhyun may act as though doing anything outside in the wild is barbaric, but he's actually trained to survive the wilderness.” He looks over to Baekhyun, who's currently putting up a large, gold glitter infested flag that read “Park Residence” next to their tent. “He just doesn't like looking as though he could do it.”

 

“That explains so much,” Kyungsoo concludes. “The Parks have always liked surprising people.”

 

“Speaking of surprising, look who finally made it.” Jongin gestures toward the only person in their small circle of friends who would come to a camping trip with four large bags, a folding chair, a plush teddy bear, and an assistant to carry it all.

 

“Tao, what happened to packing light?” asks Sehun as he walks over to help Tao's pitiful assistant. The tiny guy thanks him and gives him a grateful look as he takes some of the bags off his shoulders.

 

“This is light,” argues Tao. “I only brought the essentials.”

 

“We really need you to redefine your definition of essential,” says Jongin as he joins them.

 

“Whatever. Don't come running to my tent when you're in need of a straightening iron.”

 

Jongin looks at Tao incredulously. “Why would I need a straightening iron?”

 

Tao glances at Jongin's hair and shrugs nonchalantly. “Nothing wrong with changing your looks.”

 

Jongin pats his hair, and Sehun is not surprised that Tao got Jongin feeling subconscious about his hair. Jongin quickly walks over to Kyungsoo and whispers something in his ear. Kyungsoo gives him a confused look as he inspects Jongin's hair, finding nothing wrong with it.

 

“He's so gullible,” Tao whispers so that only Sehun could hear.

 

“He is, but I also need you to tone it down. We're only spending a night here. You didn't need to bring all this junk.”

 

“Call my things junk again, and I'll tell Luhan about that time in high school when you fell asleep playing video games at my house and forgot to wish him a goodnight.”

 

Sehun scoffs. “I've already told Luhan what happened.”

 

Tao his eyebrows in surprise. “Really?”

 

“Yes. It's what people do when they're in a committed relationship.”

 

“You two tell each other everything?”

 

Sehun nods. “We do.”

 

“Okay. How about that one night you got so drunk, you called me asking what your life would have been like if you admitted to yourself how attractive you find me? Bet Luhan doesn't know about that.”

 

“You're right. Luhan doesn't know about that...because it never happened.”

 

“How can you be sure? You were too drunk to remember.”

 

“Because no matter how drunk I get, I would never lie.”

 

Tao stares at Sehun for a good five seconds before he nods in approval. “I miss our bickering,” he admits. “Our famous back-and-forth sessions.”

 

“We bicker every time you decide to call.”

 

“Yeah, but it's not the same as doing it in person.”

 

“I guess you're right...” Sehun hands Tao his bags after he gives his assistant some final instructions before waving him off. “Do you need help setting up your tent?”

 

“No, I don't need your help pushing a button, Sehun.” Tao smirks.

 

“Right. I forgot.”

 

“Of course. Now allow me to bless everyone's day with my presence,” says Tao as he makes his way towards the group. Sehun watches as he hugs Luhan but shakes everyone else's hands. He knows Tao does that to mess with him. Fortunately, he's grown immune to it over the years, so he simply shrugs and makes his way to stand beside Luhan. But he can't help it when his arm suddenly lands on Luhan's shoulder. Tao smirks when he notices the protective gesture from Sehun, but Sehun ignores him.

 

“Don't you just love it when we all get together?” asks Luhan. He's positively glowing as he looks around their special company. Tao has already finished setting up his tent, and now he's going around asking if they would like a tour of his giant inflatable home. Suho and Yixing are not interested, too busy with their grilling to bear Tao any attention. Kyungsoo and Jongin are helping Chanyeol build the camp fire for later tonight. The only person who is the least bit interested is Baekhyun, but that comes as no surprise. He's always been a fan. Although disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm from the others, Tao happily shows Baekhyun the inside of his tent.

 

“I don't know..Love is a very strong word,” replies Sehun.

 

Luhan nudges his ribs. “I'm serious, Sehun.”

 

“So am I.” Sehun gives Luhan a quick kiss on the cheek before he informs him that they were missing one more special guest. The troublesome wouldn't be complete without –

 

“KIM JONGDAE HAS ARRIVED!” A white caravan with super loud speakers roars as it enters their campsite. “HAVE NO FEAR, THE PARTY MAY NOW START!”

 

Tao immediately shouts at Sehun when he steps out of his tent, followed by Baekhyun. “And you made such a big fuss about my one measly assistant! Look at this guy! He brought a van!”

 

“I didn't tell him to!” Sehun argues back, but Tao is already glowering at their newest guest.

 

The van stops just short of Tao's tent, and everyone stops what they were doing to stare at the sight. A grinning Jongdae steps out of the driver's side. “Hello, everyone!”

 

“It's against the rules to drive a caravan up here,” Yixing points out, his voice calm but there's a hint of excitement underneath. He looks quite impressed with Jongdae for managing to drive a whole caravan up to the campsite.

 

“Well, I had a talk with the manager,” says Jongdae as he approaches the group. “Gave him a few autographs and some incentives.” He makes the money sign with his fingers.

 

“You bribed the manager so that you could drive your van up here?” Suho asks, face perplexed as to why Jongdae would go through all that trouble.

 

“I sure did.” Jongdae beams.

 

“If you somehow get a lawsuit because of this bribing business, I'm not helping you out,” states Sehun.

 

Jongdae pretends to gasp in shock. “What's the point of hiring one of the top firms in South Korea if you can't get me out of a bribing case?”

Please log in to read the full chapter