Personal Tour

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Freshman Year of College 

After saying goodbye to his weeping parents (mainly his mom), Sehun lugged his suitcases inside the Humanities Residence building, finally beginning his journey as a Pre-Law major at SNU.

 

While other first years were scrambling around looking for the right rooms, Sehun headed straight for the elevator. He got out on the 8th floor and after turning left and walking past a few doors, he found himself right in front of Room 805 – his new home away from home.

 

Sehun took out the keys he received during orientation and unlocked the door. He stepped inside and immediately closed the door behind him (the hallway was way too noisy). Despite the strong smell of bleach, Sehun liked what he saw.

 

Leaving his belongings near the door, Sehun explored his new place. The living room was somewhat spacious, and the school even provided a blue sofa (the school's official color) and a flat screen TV. The kitchen was a bit small, but Sehun didn't mind because it wasn't like he would be using it a lot.

 

After looking inside the shoe closet, Sehun made his way to the bedrooms, which were located directly across from each other. He peeked inside the first one on the right, and it looked to be a decent size room with a twin sized bed. The window overlooked the courtyard of the entire building, and next to it was a door that probably led to the closet. He closed the door to the first room and checked the second room, which he instantly decided he liked better due to the view – he could see the school's many buildings and parts of Seoul in the far back. Luhan would probably love the view.

 

Sehun wondered if he would have to negotiate with his roommate to get this room. He would actually be prepared to do so because no matter what, he had to get it.

 

The front door opened and a booming voice shouted, “I'M HERE!” followed shortly by a loud thump, causing Sehun to rush out.

 

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked when he found a male student on the ground, sprawled over his suitcases. He ran over to help the guy up.

 

“I'm fine. Thanks!” The guy smiled and Sehun felt oddly guilty for leaving his stuff all over the floor.

 

“I'm sorry. I should have put my bags away.”

 

The guy, who was an inch taller, shook his head. “No, it's okay. I've always been clumsy. One of the disadvantages of being tall,” he said, grinning from ear to ear.

 

That was when Sehun recognized him as the overzealous student from orientation that kept asking questions. If Sehun remembered correctly, their group leader was so annoyed with his questions, she even offered him a free ice cream coupon in exchange for his silence.

 

Sehun smiled and held out his right hand. “Hi, my name is Oh Sehun, and I guess we'll be roommates from now on.”

 

The guy immediately shook his hand (a bit enthusiastically). “I'm Park Chanyeol. Pre-law major.”

 

“Oh. I am too.”

 

Chanyeol's face brightened significantly. “First day and I've already made a new friend. That has to be a record!”

 

Sehun chuckled at Chanyeol's excitement. “Well, it's nice meeting you, Chanyeol.”

 

“Hmm.” Chanyeol picked up his bags and Sehun did the same. “Did you already pick out your room?”

 

“Yeah, I did. Hope you don't mind.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “Nah. I'm fine with any room.”

 

Sehun sighed in relief. He may actually get along quite well with his new roommate.

 

Chanyeol threw his bags on the floor of his room and looked around. “Can't believe I'm finally in college.”

 

Sehun stood in the hallway and watched as Chanyeol inspected every corner of his room. “It doesn't get real until we actually attend our first class – at least, that's what I hear. By the way, do you need help unpacking?”

 

Chanyeol smiled. “I don't have a lot of stuff, but thanks for offering.”

 

“No problem.” Sehun was about to go into his own room to start unpacking when Chanyeol suddenly called his name.

 

“Hey Sehun, do you mind if my boyfriend stops by later?” Chanyeol stood by his doorway, eyes looking directly into Sehun's own.

 

“Your boyfriend?”

 

“Yeah...” Chanyeol began fiddling his fingers. “You're not one of those people, are you?”

 

Sehun shook his head and offered a nervous Chanyeol a tiny smile. “Don't worry, I'm not. Actually, my boyfriend, who doesn't go here, will probably visit later this month after settling in at his school.”

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened. “You have a boyfriend too?”

 

“Yeah, so I guess we have another thing in common.”

 

Chanyeol flashed him a bright smile, looking completely relieved, which gave Sehun the impression that he was most afraid of Sehun's reaction to him having a boyfriend.

 

After they finished unpacking, they started setting up their game systems in the living room. Luhan had actually told Sehun not to bring his game consoles, seeing how he won't have much time to play them, but Jongin had convinced him otherwise. He told him that there will be boring days, and that gaming can also help relieve some of his inevitable stress. Sehun couldn't argue with that.

 

They just got the game systems running when the doorbell rang.

 

“I'll get it,” offered Sehun since he was closer to the door. When he opened the door, he found a rather short male with red violet hair waiting in the hallway, a glittery duffle bag in his hands.

 

The stranger looked him up and down before he groaned. “Booo. You're actually not ugly.”

 

“Uhhh..Who are you?”

 

“Your worst nightmare if you dare make a move on my man,” answered the guy in a threatening manner.

 

Although Sehun didn't feel threatened at all (the stranger sounded like a hissy kitten), he had an eerie feeling that this new guy would be present in his nightmares regardless.

 

“Baek?” Chanyeol appeared behind Sehun, and his eyes lit up at the sight of the smaller male. “Baek!”

 

The male pushed past Sehun to jump on Chanyeol. “Yeollie!” he cooed as he wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's neck.

 

When they started kissing, Sehun pretty much got the idea. “So this is your boyfriend?”

 

Chanyeol pulled away from the smaller male, who pouted. “Yes. Sehun, this is Baekhyun.” He puts Baekhyun down, but kept his arm around his boyfriend's waist. “Baek, this is Oh Sehun, my new roommate.”

 

“Hi, nice to meet –”

 

“Chanyeol told me you're gay and taken. Is this true?”

 

“Um...” Sehun glanced at Chanyeol, who looked away. “Yes, it's true. Why do you ask?”

 

“Because you look like the loner type, also known as the guy who nobody wants to date because he has a horrible personality. It's truly fascinating that you found someone,” said Baekhyun matter-of-factly.

 

If Sehun hadn't been friends with Tao for years, he would have been appalled by Baekhyun's rudeness. Luckily, he knew how to handle people like Baekhyun.

 

“And it's fascinating that you have no filter,” Sehun countered with a fake smile.

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. “Filters are for the weak,” he stated before whipping his hair, apparently done with the conversation. Baekhyun then turned to face Chanyeol and started ordering him around (demanding a tour of the dorm).

 

“For the polite is more like it,” Sehun muttered as he closed the door.

 

After spending thirty minutes with Baekhyun, listening to the boy talk about himself, Sehun decided that he had enough of Chanyeol's extremely talkative boyfriend and retreated back to his new room.

 

Despite hearing everything about Baekhyun, from his favorite color to his least favorite song, the only thing Sehun retained was the fact that Baekhyun was a business major at SNU and that his dorm was in another building. Sehun could only hope that since his dorm wasn't in the same building as theirs, Baekhyun wouldn't visit as often, but he won't get his hopes up. It would be devastating.

 

Sehun was on his bed with his laptop on his lap when suddenly there was a knock on his door. Before he could say come in, the door opened and Baekhyun walked in, eyes looking around the room.

 

“I never said you could come in,” Sehun muttered irritatedly.

 

“You never said I couldn't,” argued Baekhyun as he strolled over to Sehun's desk.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Chanyeol told me that your boyfriend is a cutie, so I just wanted to see for myself. Who exactly would be foolish enough to date you?”

 

Before Sehun could tell him to get out, Baekhyun gasped when he spotted the many pictures of Luhan hanging on Sehun's bulletin board.

 

“He is cute,” Baekhyun murmured, sounding rather disappointed. “Too cute to be real...so he's probably not.”

 

“What?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders. “You probably photoshopped these photos of you and him. It sounds like something you would do.”

 

“You barely know me,” Sehun accused, feeling mildly offended.

 

“Yeah, but I'm good at reading people...” Baekhyun's eyes wandered to the photo on the top right corner. “Oh lookie here. A photo of him sleeping. He's under the sheets, am I right?” He shot Sehun a devious smirk.

 

“I would appreciate it if you would get out of my room.”

 

“I guess that means yes.”

 

“Leave.”

 

“It's actually fun knowing that he's not as innocent as he looks,” said Baekhyun as his eyes land on a photo of Luhan and Sehun at the spring festival. “I'm assuming he's a little kitten in bed. The cute ones usually are – I would know since I'm ridiculously cute.”

 

Sehun scoffed. “You're full of delusions.”

 

“Is that how you pronounce the word truth?”

 

Sehun snapped his laptop closed and stood up. “Get out. Right now.”

 

“One more question then I'll leave.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Baekhyun pointed at the photo of Luhan with whipped cream on his face (from his birthday cake) and asked, “Is this the photo you to whenever you get lonely?”

 

“Chanyeol! Get in here!”

 

A few seconds later, Chanyeol appeared at the door, looking puzzled. “You called?”

 

“Yes. Chanyeol, I would like you to take him out of my room.” Sehun gestured towards Baekhyun. “I don't like pests in my personal space.”

 

Baekhyun scowled. “You're just bitter I called you out on your photoshopping skills.”

 

“I did not photoshop those pictures.”

 

“Well, unless I meet him, it's photoshop.” With that illogical statement, Baekhyun left the room.

 

“Please tell me he's not spending the night,” murmured Sehun, seemingly dazed. He could feel a headache coming.

 

“Sorry, Sehun –”

 

Sehun groaned and plopped down on his bed. “Why are you dating him?”

 

“Because I love him,” Chanyeol answered with a smile.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “You're completely brainwashed.”

 

“Hey, you love your boyfriend too.”

 

“Yeah, but Luhan is nothing like that.”

 

Chanyeol sighed. “I know Baekhyun can be difficult at first, but trust me, he's a great person.”

 

“Well, let me know when he's done being difficult.”

 

With a chuckle, Chanyeol sat down on Sehun's bed. “I think it'll get better once he meets Luhan.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Judging from your description of Luhan, I think Baekhyun would get along well with him. He looks and sounds like Baekhyun's type. They might even become best friends.”

 

Sehun shuddered at the thought of his boyfriend being close to Baekhyun. “I hope not.”

 

 

*******

Standing in front of Sehun's dorm, Luhan couldn't hide his excitement as he knocked on the door. He had a huge grin on his face as he gripped his overnight bag tightly, his heart racing as the seconds ticked by. When no one answered the door, he raised his knuckles to the door once more and knocked a few more times, tiptoeing as he tried to look through the peephole.

 

Some would find it strange that Luhan was this excited to see Sehun (given that he spoke to him last night via webcam), but Luhan would argue that seeing Sehun on his laptop screen is nothing compared to seeing Sehun directly in front of him, in the flesh – a Sehun he can touch.

 

Luhan was not ashamed to admit that he missed his boyfriend's physical presence more than anything. All those mornings and nights spent talking to Sehun over the phone or through video chatting were not enough. It will never be enough.

 

A month had gone by in which Luhan had to live without Sehun's hugs and kisses. He simply couldn't take it anymore. He missed his boyfriend terribly, and that was why he jumped at the chance to visit Sehun for five days while his school was on fall break.

 

Five whole days (not to mention four whole nights) in which he could once again experience what it was like to feel Sehun against his fingertips, to feel Sehun's lips pressed against his, to feel everything that is Sehun.

 

Just when he was about to knock again, the door swung open. “Seh –”

 

Luhan, who expected Sehun to be the one to open the door, stopped himself from jumping on the person when he saw that it wasn't Sehun.

 

“Whoa,” the guy breathed, eyes wide as he gawked at Luhan. “You're real.”

 

Luhan blinked.

 

The male in front of him, who looked to be his age, was quite tall, towering over Luhan, and though he was more on the lean side, Luhan could tell there were muscles underneath the oversized hoodie he was sporting. He was certainly handsome (though not as handsome as Sehun) and his eyes, especially, looked warm and cheerful.

 

But what stood out the most about the new person were his ears. They were prominently sticking out under his snapback and Luhan thought they made him look extremely approachable, friendly.

 

“You look like an anime character – a really cute one,” said the guy with a sheepish grin.

 

Luhan smiled because Sehun's description of his roommate was entirely too accurate. Chanyeol did remind him of a puppy, one with a strange charm about him.

 

Luhan stuck out his hand. “Hi, I'm Luhan.”

 

Chanyeol blinked a few times as if he couldn't believe Luhan could actually talk. With his mouth wide open, Chanyeol reached for Luhan's hand. After they shook hands, Chanyeol grinned and looked at his hand, mesmerized. Honestly, rather than finding it strange, Luhan found Chanyeol's actions adorable.

 

“Baek is going to love you,” Chanyeol mumbled, eyes unable to leave Luhan's face.

 

“Can I come in?” Luhan asked, trying his best not to laugh when Chanyeol's eyes widened even more when he realized Luhan was still standing in the hallway.

 

“Yes! Sorry! I'll help you with your bag!” Chanyeol grabbed Luhan's bag before he could protest. When they got inside, Chanyeol closed the door behind them. “Oh, I'm Chanyeol by the way. Park Chanyeol. Sehun's roommate,” he said, finally introducing himself.

 

“I know,” Luhan said cheerfully. “Sehun told me about you.”

 

“If it's anything bad, don't believe him.”

 

Luhan chuckled. Sehun had warned him that Chanyeol was under the impression that Sehun would talk bad about him whenever he wasn't around, which really wasn't true. Most of the comments made about Chanyeol were positive. There were a few exceptions, but none of them had anything to do with Chanyeol himself.

 

“Welcome to the Oh-Park residence!” Chanyeol announced as he spun around. “Where fun happens on a daily basis.”

 

Luhan smiled and Chanyeol did the same. He decided that he was going to really like Chanyeol.

 

After Chanyeol showed him around their dorm, which basically meant the living room, the kitchen, and the shared bathroom, Luhan got the chance to ask him the all important question, “Where's Sehun?”

 

“He ran to the local store to pick up extra toothbrushes and towels – in case you forgot to bring yours.” Chanyeol checked his watch. “He should be back in a few.”

 

“Ah. Okay.” Luhan sat down on the sofa, eyes exploring Sehun's new place – his new home for the next four years. It didn't look too bad. Not the cleanest dormitory, but definitely not filthy either. Luhan decided that he liked Sehun's new living space. He can picture himself visiting often when his schedule allows for it.

 

“I'm not supposed to be alone with you,” Chanyeol confessed, plopping down to Luhan.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Sehun's afraid that I would make you feel uncomfortable. He thinks I have a tendency to embarrass myself when I'm alone with someone. He also thinks that all I would do is stare at you.” Chanyeol eyed Luhan intently. “But it's not like I can help it.”

 

“Well, I'm not uncomfortable.” Luhan flashed Chanyeol a bright smile to assure him.

 

“Wow.....Your eyes are sparkly,” he said breathlessly. “My boyfriend Baek loves shiny things, so he's going to trip once he meets you in person.”

 

“Am I going to meet him later?” Luhan asked, his curiosity for this Baek steadily increasing.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “Not today, but definitely tomorrow.”

 

“I can't wait to meet him then.”

 

“Speaking of Baek, I think he just sent me something.” Chanyeol fished out his phone and immediately began reading the message from Baek, whom Luhan had heard quite a bit about from Sehun.

 

Contrary to Chanyeol, Sehun didn't have a lot of positive things to say about Baek, whose full name was Byun Baekhyun. Sehun described him as an eyeliner obsessed spawn of satan with a habit of destroying people's happiness with his unwanted opinions.

 

Byun Baekhyun was simply someone to avoid at all costs. But more than anything, Sehun's interesting choice of words for Baekhyun made Luhan extra curious to meet him.

 

“So are you going to sleep with Sehun during your stay?” Chanyeol asked absentmindedly after he sent a reply message to Baekhyun.

 

Luhan felt warmth rising in his cheeks. He blushed. “Yes,” he mumbled, a bit shy about admitting that to someone he just met.

 

Noticing Luhan's rosy cheeks, Chanyeol blinked rapidly. “Sorry! I didn't mean it like that! I meant to ask if you were going to sleep in his room, not with him, but then again, I shouldn't have asked such an obvious question! Of course you'll sleep with Sehun – he's your boyfriend after all. Couples sleep together, but I'm not implying anything! It's none of my business what you two do in his room and – and I should really stop talking now.”

 

Chanyeol promptly turned the other way, the tips of his ears now a shade of bright red. He grabbed the remote for the television and turned it on. “Should we watch something?” he uttered quickly, still embarrassed about his awkward rambling.

 

A scene from Titanic popped up on the screen – the one where Rose and Jack were in the backseat of the car.

 

Chanyeol yelped and stared at the screen in horror as the actors began passionately kissing each other. To make matters worse, he dropped the remote in his effort to change the channel, which meant they got to see the rest of the steamy scene.

 

“I'm so sorry!” Chanyeol shouted when he finally changed the channel. “I didn't mean to show you that!” He groaned and squeezed his eyes shut. “Sehun's right about us being alone. I'm making this super awkward. So sorry.”

 

Just then Luhan laughed, not at Chanyeol, but at the situation. Chanyeol opened his eyes to look at Luhan, surprised.

 

“It's okay. Really,” assured Luhan. “I know you didn't mean to show me that. Besides, it's not like I haven't seen it before. It's one of my favorite movies.”

 

Looking beyond relieved, Chanyeol cracked a tiny smile. “It's Baek's too. That's probably why it popped up. He was watching it yesterday and –”

 

Chanyeol paused when he heard the key being jammed into the lock. He turned to look behind him, towards the door, and Luhan did the same.

 

It opened and Sehun entered, carrying multiple plasti

Please log in to read the full chapter