Secrets Revealed

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the hell is going on?”

Yiru and Baekhyun quickly jumped apart and stared at the source of the voice. Striding towards them was Kris, followed by Luhan and  Lay.

“Kris…” Yiru whispered with shocked eyes.

Kris made his way to Yiru and grabbed her arm to pull her away from Baekhyun. “What do you think you’re doing?!” he yelled furiously.

Baekhyun grabbed Yiru’s other arm and tried to pull her back towards her. “Don’t touch her like that!” he yelled back.

Baekhyun’s actions infuriated Kris even more, causing his grip on Yiru to grow stronger. He would not back down against this Cinereo wolf. Kris’s dark eyes turned an amber color. He was beginning to change into his wolf form due to his anger.

“Do not test me, you mutt,” Kris growled. He clenched his jaw tightly.

“Kris,” Yiru called out to him. “Stop.”

“Then tell me what the hell you were doing with this Cinereo mutt?”

Yiru pursed her lips. There was no going back now. She had to tell the truth.

“He’s my mate.”

For a moment, Kris stopped breathing out of shock. How could this be possible?

“No… that’s not true,” Kris denied. “You said you were mateless.”

“I lied,” Yiru admitted. “I had to lie. I couldn’t reveal that I had an unlawful mate.”

Kris could not believe what she was saying. He felt so betrayed. And to think he had their future together all planned out. Despite knowing he had a human mate, Kris would declare his mateless status and ask the Council to allow Yiru and him to marry. Then, the two of them would continue to lead the Tenebris clan as the alphas and would try to have a family of their own, even if fate did not choose them to be mates. But now everything was ruined. Yiru had an actual mate that she loved.

“Your relationship is against the law,” Kris stated lamely. “How could you betray your own clan?”

“Hey,” Baekhyun called out. “Don’t blame her.”

“Shut your mouth!” Kris exclaimed, pointing a finger at Baekhyun menacingly. “I am not talking to you, so stay out of this.”

“No! I’m not going to stay out of this and let you speak to my mate like that.”

“Your mate?” Kris scoffed. “I could kill you right now for even speaking those words.”

Yiru yanked her arm out of Kris’s grasp and protectively stood in front of Baekhyun. “Don’t you dare hurt him.”

From the side, Lay could not bear to watch what was going on any longer and decided to intervene. He stepped forward in between Kris and Yiru. “That’s enough,” Lay said sternly. “Let’s all take this inside and discuss this in a calm manner.”

“There is nothing to discuss,” Kris declared. “They broke the law.”

“So what, are you going to have us killed?” Yiru asked with a voice dripping in sarcasm. “Our clans have lived in peace for decades. This should not be a problem anymore. We can change the law.”

“And risk another fight between our kind?” Kris shook his head in disbelief. “We are not going to recreate history. Our clans will clash for who will hold the true alpha position among both clans. There is no peace when it comes to power.”

Baekhyun scoffed. “That is such a primeval way of thinking. Stop living in the past. We have the power to change the way our clans think. We can unite our clans.”  

“Hey,” a voice from afar called out. It was Suho, followed by the rest of the Exo-K and Exo-M members. “What is going on here?” Suho asked once they were a couple strides away from them.

Yiru looked back at Baekhyun, and they stared at each other as if asking each other what they should do. Should they just make a run for it? Or should they tell the truth to everyone now, while there is still only a moderate amount of tension?

No, they could not run away and hide their secret any longer. It was time they revealed the secret they kept for so long from their packs.

“You know how I told you I had a mate,” Baekhyun started without taking his eyes off of Yiru. “Well here she is.”

Silence came upon the two packs as Baekhyun’s words sunk into the minds of those who did not already know. Chanyeol let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck in frustration. This was not how he hoped the news of Baekhyun and Yiru’s relationship would be revealed to everyone else.  

Suho was the first to speak. “What is the meaning of this, Baekhyun?” he asked.

“Yiru of the Tenebris clan is my mate,” Baekhyun announced. “We’ve known for several months now and have been meeting in secret.”

“Several months?” Suho said in disbelief. “When were you planning on telling us? Or were you ever planning on telling us?”

“I was!” Baekhyun quickly replied. “But Yiru and I have not discussed the matter. I didn’t want you to find out this way.”

“Well it’s your fault for being so dumb,” Kris grumbled. “You’re at a public event. You were bound to get caught, especially after that stunt you pulled in the ballroom.” He was still infuriated at the fact that Baekhyun had danced with Yiru in front of everyone.

“Shut up!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter