Drawn to You

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yiru slowed her pace down once she was a good twenty-five meters away from the border. "Filthy Tenebris wolf?" she scoffed. "You're the one to talk, you absurd Cinereo mutt." She changed into her wolf form and ran the rest of the way back to her cabin. She didn't know what led her to come to the border. It was just by instinct, she guessed. Yiru had been going near the border a lot lately - at least twice a day. 

Once she neared the cabin she shared with Exo-M, she changed back into her human form and grabbed a robe from the shelf on the porch - they kept a few robes there just in case someone changed into his or her wolf form and didn't have any clothes with them. 

Yiru entered the house and strolled into the kitchen. There, she met with Luhan and Kris, who were sipping some tea and having a serious discussion. "Hello, Kris and Luhan," she greeted.

"Hi, Yiru," Luhan replied. 

"Yiru, where have you been?" Kris questioned sternly.

"Nowhere and everywhere," the girl mumbled nonchalantly.

"Yiru," the leader said with a more sharp voice.

The said wolf sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine, I was at the border."

"Again? You've been going there a lot lately," Luhan butted into the conversation.

"I don't really know why I go there, to be honest," said Yiru. "Something is just drawing me to that area of the woods."

The two male wolves just nod at her vague explanation. "Just be careful, okay, Yiru?" Kris said with a caring tone. Despite his intimidating personality, Kris had a soft spot for Yiru. A very big soft spot. With a nod in reply, Yiru left the two wolves to continue their discussion. 

Luhan sighed and shook his head.

"What?" Kris asked with a perplexed expression.

"You're making it too obvious, Mr. Leader."

"I am not. I'm caring for her like the way a brother should."

"More like a mate," Luhan muttered under his breath.

"I heard that," Kris grumbled. 

"I know."

Kris shook his head and left Luhan at the kitchen. It's true, he liked Yiru. He'd been forcing himself to think that she was his destined mate, and he had also been praying that she would become his mate. It'd be perfect for him. Ever since Yiru matured into a fine, young lady, he never looked at another female wolf the way he looked at Yiru now. Call him hopelessly in love, he wouldn't care. He knew what his feelings were, and they were sincere.

Just as the tall wolf was heading to the study, he bumped into Lay. "Hey, Kris." The leader didn't acknowledge his friend and continued to the study. He wasn't in the best mood at the moment, and he really didn't feel like talking to anybody. Lay followed Kris into the study, much to the leader's dismay. "What's wrong, Kris?"

"Nothing."

"It surely isn't nothing. You can see it all over your face. Something's bothering you."

Kris groaned at Lay's pestering. "Just leave me alone." But Lay did the exact opposite. He sat next to Kris on the couch and stared at him with expectant eyes. Kris eyed him as well until he couldn't handle Lay's piercing, yet calm gaze. "Alright, fine. It's Yiru."

"Again?" Lay asked in exasperation. 

"She's worrying me."

"When does she ever not?"

"It's different this time," Kris reasoned out. "She's been going to the border lately. Haven't you noticed?"

Lay nodded. "She wanders around everywhere."

"Then why would she choose to go to the border? It's dangerous there."

The younger wolf sighed and placed a hand on his leader's shoulder. "Look, Kris. I know you care about my sister, and I would accept you as her mate, but let her roam freely for now. Who knows, she might find her mate out there."

"Don't you dare say that, Lay," Kris warned. "I don't want to think about Yiru mating with any other wolf but me. I know we're destined to be together. Why do you think I like her so much?"

"I just don't want you to get hurt when she does figure out who her mate is. It might not be you." With that, Lay stood up and exited the study, leaving Kris to think about things by himself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter