Peace Project

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun, let's go!" Suho called from downstairs. 

"Coming!" Baekhyun screamed back from his room. He was looking at himself in the mirror, staring at the nervous expression on his own face. He didn't know why he was so nervous. It had been two and a half weeks - two and a half weeks of moving on. Now was not the time for his feelings to waver again. He never thought he would dread this day so much, but the time has come for the Peace Project. 

Every ten years, the alpha packs of the Cinereo and Tenebris wolves would meet and work on a project together for each department. This was the only time the two packs ever worked together in unity. However, this year, the Peace Project meant that Exo-K would be working with Exo-M, which meant that he would have to see the Exo-M pack, which meant he would see Yiru, which meant interaction with Yiru. 

Baekhyun thought he had moved on from Yiru these past weeks, but at the mention of the Peace Project, the memories of his mate came flooding right back into his head. He still felt a little spiteful towards her for doing the unforgiveable, but he had to admit, there was still a hint of affection for her buried deep, deep, deep down inside him; he just didn't realize it. 

With a heavy sigh, Baekhyun trudged out of his room and down the stairs. Once everyone was gathered in the foyer, they piled out of the door and into their two trucks. The Peace Project meeting was being held at the Tenebris capital building. 

On the way to the Tenebris capital, Baekhyun exhaled loudly several times and rubbed his hands together anxiously. Chanyeol, who was sitting next to the nervous wolf, nudged him and said, "Relax, Baek." He knew why Baekhyun was acting so weirdly, so he took it upon himself to try to calm his friend down. 

Sehun also noticed Baekhyun's unusual actions. "Are you scared of some big bad Tenebris wolves?" he taunted. 

Baekhyun scoffed and smacked Sehun on the head. "Who's scared?" He replied defiantly. "I'm the head of defense. Remember that. I can take on any of those Tenebris mutts."

"Head of defense my . I don't even get why you are head of defense. I can totally beat you in a fight," Sehun boasted. "Maybe I should be head of defense with Kai."

Again, Baekhyun scoffed. "Yeah, right," he commented sarcastically. "If you consider landing on your back every time we fight as beating me, then I would gladly fight you for my position." The others in the truck chuckled at Baekhyun and Sehun's little argument. The humor lightened up Baekhyun's mood; he needed the small distraction from his anxiety. 

The two trucks came to a stop in front of a rectangular concrete building. Baekhyun looked out the window and saw how bleak the Tenebris capital building looked compared to the Cinereo's marble one. Most Tenebris buildings were modernized and made of concrete or wood. There was definitely a serious, intimidating aura emanating from the whole town. Baekhyun found it depressing, but it wasn't like the Tenebris clan would care about his opinion on architectural style. 

The Exo-K members exited the trucks and walked up to the capital building with Suh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter