Push and Pull

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was lying down on his bed with his arms behind his head. His lips were pursed, and he was looking up at the ceiling of his room. It had only been several hours since he last saw Yiru, but he sort of missed her already. He wanted to see her again very soon. Now woud be even better. However, that wasn't possible as it was in the middle of the afternoon and the woods would be teeming with hunting or patrolling wolves. So for now, he was only left with himself and his thoughts of Yiru. 

To be honest, Baekhyun thought he would be annoyed of thinking about Yiru all day. It frustrated him and made him miserable at times because as he thought of her, he felt confused about all his mixed feelings. But for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to hate those lingering thoughts; Yiru made him happy to some extent he couldn't completely measure. Maybe it was just the mating thing and not his real self that made him want to be with Yiru, he didn't know nor did he bother questioning. He just knew that, for now, he enjoyed being with her. 

Was it possible that he grew to have some romantic feelings for Yiru? 

This question stayed in his mind for the next hours, and during those hours, Baekhyun looked back at all the memories he shared with Yiru. Despite the secrecy and danger their relationship held, everytime he was with Yiru, he couldn't help but forget every bad thing around them and just enjoy what little time they had together. 

After a little more thought, Baekhyun came to a conclusion. He was for sure now, and he wasn't afraid to admit it to himself. He loved Yiru, his supposed enemy and mate. 

Now that he knew of his own feelings, he didn't want to hide them from her. Baekhyun decided that the next time he saw Yiru, he would tell her his true feelings. 

 

But the next time Yiru and Baekhyun met was two weeks later. Yiru had been avoiding him, and he didn't even know. Almost everyday, morning and night, he would go to their spot in the woods and wait for her for a few hours. But she never came. Maybe she was just busy, or maybe she was sick. There were many possible excuses for her sudden disappearance, and Baekhyun kept coming up with them. It couldn't possibly be because she didn't want to see him.

 

It was four o'clock in the morning. Baekhyun was waiting for Yiru. He was sitting lazily on a low branch of a tree with his back against the tree trunk and one of his legs dangling from the side of the branch. He whistled a slow tune as he tapped his fingers anxiously against his thigh. To be honest, he was very anxious. It had been so long since he last saw Yiru, and he was getting impatient. He was so close to crossing the border and barging into Exo-M's cabin. However, that was just too dangerous, and Baekhyun wasn't crazy enough to do that. Crossing the border wouldn't have been the problem - he'd done that hundreds of times. It was barging into the Tenebris leaders' cabin that was just ridiculous and risky for him. 

A sigh escaped Baekhyun's lips. He sunk deeper into his sitting position until he was almost lying across the branch. 

Just before Baekhyun thought about leaving, he heard someone clear her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter