Questioned

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yiru opened the front door and entered Exo-M's cabin. She had just came back from meeting Baekhyun early in the morning. They had met up to watch the sun rise again. This was how it had been for the past four weeks: meeting up really early in the morning or really late at night. Yiru wondered whether or not she would grow tired of all this sneaking around. However, seeing Baekhyun just made her feel safe and happy. It was doubtful that she would grow tired of meeting him despite all of the hiding and secrets. 

When Yiru entered the kitchen, she saw the six male wolves of her clan sitting around the dining table, quietly eating breakfast. 

Kris was the first to look up at her. He eyed her and sighed. He set his spoon down on the table and spoke up, "Where were you so early in the morning?"

Yiru stood frozen in her spot for a brief moment before making her way to her seat at the table. Once seated, she replied, "I went out for a morning run." She looked down at her breakfast that they had prepared for her and began to eat. 

"Is that what you were really doing?" Kris inquired. "Are you sure? You weren't meeting up with some-"

"Give her a break, Kris," Lay interrupted the leader. "We all go out for a run early in the mornings when we want. What's so different about Yiru's early run?" Lay thought it was right for him to protect his sister against his leader's questions. Though he was quite suspicious as to why Yiru had been going out before dawn two or three times a week. He had caught her sneaking out of the house a couple of times in the morning or after midnight. 

After Lay's sudden outburst, the rest of breakfast was quiet. 

Kris was the first to stand up and leave the table. Lay stood up as well and followed Kris to his study. Once Lay was about a stride away from Kris, he reached his arm out and grabbed the leader's shoulder. "Can we talk?" he asked.

The leader looked down at his friend and nodded. The two wolves made their way to Kris's study. Kris closed the door after they entered, then sat down on the couch across from Lay.

"I'm guessing you want to talk about Yiru." Kris's words came out as a statement rather than a question as he knew she was going to be the topic of this conversation. Actually, for the past weeks, most of the two wolves' conversations were about Yiru and their suspicions about the female wolf. 

"Yes, it is," Lay replied. He paused for a bit before continuing, "I know you have good intentions whenever you question her. You're curious about what she does outside so early in the morning or late at night, I get that because I am too. But please, can you just leave the questioning to me? She is my sister, and I can see that she has been quite uncomfortable around you, which is really odd, considering the fact that she is most comfortable with you. Almost as much as she is with me."

"I am the leader, Lay," Kris said. "I have every right to know what is happening to my clan members."

"I know, but still. Just please...Let me handle my sister."

After a long sigh, Kris finally agreed and muttered, "Alright."

"Thanks. I'll tell you whatever she tells me. I know you are worried about her just as much as me."

"Of course I am. I love her."

Lay's eyes widened. This was the first time he ever heard those words come out of Kris's mouth. Sure he knew that Kris had feelings for Yiru, but he never heard him say that he loved her. 

With a slight nod, Lay smiled thinly and stood up. "Well thanks for the chat. I'll see you later then." He exited the study and headed straight to Yiru's room.

 

Upstairs in her room, Yiru was sitting on the edge of her bed, fiddling with her fingers. Suddenly, she heard someone knock on her door. "Come in," she called out. The door creaked open, and Lay entered the room. Yiru look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter