Lingering Thoughts

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was in the middle of the night already, but Yiru was still wide awake, thinking about her time with Baekhyun and the sweet kisses they shared. She pursed her lips under her finger, which tapped gently on her bottom lip. Did I make the right choice? I shouldn't have let him kiss me. Yiru continued to argue with herself; on one hand, she wanted to be physcially connected with Baekhyun, while on the other hand, she thought it was wrong to feel this way. It's not like she could take back that kiss. It already happened, so she could only go on with whatever she started. But the more closer they got, the more risky their lives became. It was against the law to be together, they knew that, but did they care? Yiru did, of course, but she wasn't so sure about Baekhyun. However, whenever she was with her mate, she always forgot about the dangers she knew she was headed toward. 

Thanks a lot, Baekhyun. You're making me so confused. Yiru lifted the corners of into a closed-lip smile. She was amused with herself, acting like a sappy hopeless romantic - the damsel in distress, who was torn between her one true love and her clan. She, however, wasn't waiting for Baekhyun to save her and protect their relationship. He was not her prince charming, and their life was not a fairytale, no matter how messed up and tragic it was. 

Yiru groaned while turning to her side. She wrapped her arms around herself. She couldn't get the feeling of Baekhyun's arms around her off her mind. It felt as if she was still enveloped in his warm embrace, feeling his heart beat against her chest in a gentle, soothing rhythm. Yiru shook her head to clear  her mind and rubbed her arms with her hands harshly, attempting to get rid of the lingering feeling of Baekhyun's arms and replacing it with the tingling pain from her hands. She had to stop dwelling on thoughts about Baekhyun. Tomorrow was going to be busy for her as she had several meetings to attend with Exo-M, but she was also dreading about tomorrow because she wouldn't be able to see Baekhyun. It was safe to say that she was a bit obsessed with her mate.

 

The next morning, Yiru woke up to someone shaking her shoulder. She opened her eyes slightly to see her brother's worried face. 

"Are you awake now?" he asked in a quiet voice. "I've been trying to wake you up for the last few minutes. You usually wake up just at the sound of the door opening."

Yiru blinked a couple of times then turned to look at her clock on her bedside table. She groaned and muttered an apology to Lay.

"Are you not feeling well?"

"I'm fine. Just tired," Yiru replied groggily. She threw the blanket off of her and climbed out of bed. "I'll be ready in five minutes."

Lay nodded before exiting his sister's room. He sighed once he shut her door. He was quite worried about Yiru lately. She was acting differently around them, especially around him and Kris. Lay shook his head and brushed his worried thoughts away from his mind. He could only hope that Yiru was taking care of herself and would go back to being her normal self.

After five minutes, like she said, Yiru made her way down the hall where all their bedrooms were. All the doors were shut, and the hall felt very empty and quiet. Actually, the whole cabin was usually quiet. The Exo-M pack wasn't a rowdy group most of the time. The craziest it ever got in their cabin was if Chen or Tao played a trick on one of the members, but this hardly happened lately now that they were busy leading the entire Tenebris clan.

Yiru exited the cabin and walked straight to the truck prepared for them that morning. She didn't even notice the six male wolves lounging around the porch, waiting for her. They all stared at her back as she walked away from the porch. 

"That was rude," Chen muttered and he frowned at Yiru's odd behavior. 

Luhan came up behind Chen and patted his shoulder. "Let's just go." 

In a single file line, the Exo-M members made  their way to the truck. When Kris opened the door, they all peered inside and found Yiru staring dazedly at nothing in particular. They climbed inside the truck and sat around Yiru while staring at her. 

Once the door closed with a slam, Yiru snapped out of her daze and looked around. "Did you just get here?" she asked. "I thought you were already in the truck waiting for me."

"We were waiting for you on the porch," Lay explained. "Did you not see us?"

Yiru thought for a second. How did she pass by without noticing them? She gave them an apologetic smile and said, "Sorry. I guess I was just thinking too much."

"About what?" Kris asked the second she finished her sentence.

Yiru blinked a couple of times before opening to answer. However, nothing came out of right away, causing the Exo-M members to look at her with raised eyebrows. "Oh nothing really. Just about the meetings and what I need to go over." Luckily for her they bought her lie and stopped questioning her. 

As the truck began to move,  Kris began to discuss each of their schedules written in his planner. "Luhan and Yiru will be meeting with the chiefs at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter