Affection

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You were there last night," Yiru said to Baekhyun as they sat beside each other in a shallow cave of the side of the mountain. 

Baekhyun scoffed. "What are you talking about?"

"At the border," she answered, "You were there, but then you suddenly left."

Silence was her only reply from Baekhyun.

"Don't you have anything to say about that?" Yiru asked with raised eyebrows. It wasn't like she really cared that Baekhyun just left without meeting her. After all, Kris was there, and she figured Baekhyun didn't want to get caught by him. She was just curious about Baekhyun's actions - yes, just curious, nothing more. 

"Your alpha was with you, and you two were acting pretty... cozy around each other." The sharpness in his voice was evident enough for Yiru to pick up, but she kept her face straight to act as if it didn't affect her. Deep down inside, however, she was smirking at his obvious jealousy. It was cute, in her opinion. 

Yiru leaned back on her hands and sighed. "What do you expect? I grew up with him, so of course we are cozy with each other." A small smirk played on her lips after she restated his words.

"Hey, wipe that smirk off your face," Baekhyun muttered bitterly. "This isn't funny."

"I never said it was."

Again, all Baekhyun gave her was silence. He didn't know why he was acting like this. His mate instincts were just getting to him. The protectiveness, the jealousy, the obsession - all of it was just making him frustrated with himself. She was making him frustrated with himself. Baekhyun blamed her for making him like this. He just wanted to just ignore her forever, but he didn't have the strength to. 

Suddenly, Yiru began to giggle behind her hand, which caused Baekhyun to snap out of his daze. He snapped his head to her direction and stared at her with a questioning gaze. 

"You're pouting," Yiru simply stated. She laughed quietly before mumbling, "It's cute."

A sudden jolt of frustration went through Baekhyun's head. In a split second, Yiru found herself pinned down to the rocky surface of cave floor with Baekhyun on top of her. She looked up at him with a shocked expression. His expression was dark and serious - there was nothing cute about him anymore.

"I'm cute?" Baekhyun muttered darkly. "You think I'm cute?"

Yiru's shocked expression turned into a mocking one, and she smirked again. She swiftly pushed Baekhyun off of her with her legs and rolled over so that she was on top of Baekhyun, straddling his abdomen. "You think you can scare me?"

Baekhyun mirrored her expression by smirking as well. He propped himself up on his elbows to come face to face with her. Their faces were now only inches apart. "I don't want to scare you. I want to make you uncomfortable, and I think I'm doing just that because you're holding your breath."

Yiru blinked at him. She didn't even realize she was holding her breath. She let out her breath slowly and watched Baekhyun close his eyes when she did so. A smile replaced the smirk on his lips. He liked the feeling of her breath on his skin. It made him aware of how close she really was to him. This was the closest they have ever been physically. 

After a couple of seconds, he slowly opened his eyes and was met with her dark orbs staring at him intently. Baekhyun's gaze intensified to match hers. His eyes slowly traveled downwards to her slightly open lips as a sudden urge to kiss her bubbled up inside him. Without a second thought, he brought his face closer to her bit by bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter