Jealousy

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris knocked on Yiru's door in the middle of the night as she was slipping her boots on. Yiru looked up in surprise and blinked up at Kris. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Going somehwere?" he inquired, instead of answering her question. 

"Huh? Oh yeah, I feel like going out for a walk."

"Again? In the middle of the night? That's kind of dangerous don't you think?"

Yiru sighed and stood up from her chair. "What do you mean by 'again'? I don't go out much at night," she muttered.

"Oh don't think I haven't noticed, Yiru," Kriss said sharply. "You've been going out at night for the past few days. Why?"

The female wolf rocked back and forth on her heels. "No reason. I just feel like it. I like to explore different parts of the woods."

"Then you wouldn't mind if I tagged along tonight. I'm kind of in the mood to go out for a walk as well."

Yiru hesitated for a couple of seconds but answered, "Not at all. I'd be happy if you joined me." She turned around and walked to her window. 

As she planted her feet on the windowsill, Kris held his arm out to stop her. "Wait. What are you doing? Shouldn't we go out through the front door?"

A smile appeared on Yiru's face as she said, "What's the fun in that?" Then she jumped out of her window and landed on the ground. Kris just sighed and swiftly leaped over the windowsill. "Ready?" Yiru asked while looking at Kris, who was beside her. Kris curtly nodded and gestured for Yiru to lead the way. 

Yiru started running into the woods with Kris two steps behind her. She followed the path her feet were so used to taking, jumping over any tree stumps and fallen branches that crossed her paths. Kris, however, was less graceful as he struggled to keep up with Yiru's unearthly speed and dodge any obstacles at the same time.

"Aren't you going to fast? Sooner or later there won't be any land for you to run on," Kris joked.

"Just keep running, slowpoke," Yiru replied with a small smile on her face.

Kris laughed and admired the view of Yiru's running figure. The wind blew her hair behind her like a wave of black silk. Her steps were so agile that it seemed as if her feet were just a blur. He was so captivated of the sight the didn't notice when Yiru came to a complete stop. He ran into her back with a large thud, causing them to fall to the ground with Kris on top of Yiru. The female wolf groaned at the impact and twisted her head to the side away from Kris's face. 

Kris propped himself up onto his hands to support his weight and looked down at Yiru. Their closeness and Yiru's sweet scent mixing with the smell of sweat and wind caused Kris's mind to go hazy.Yiru turned her head back up and returned his burning gaze with her own stare. However, her eyes were blank and indifferent. Their situation didn't really cause her to feel anything other than the pain from Kris's weight pressing onto her. 

"Aren't you going to get up?" Yiru coughed out.

This snapped Kris out from his daze, and so he rolled off of her and lied nexte to her on the ground. He took the time to o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter