A Vision

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kill them both!" a voice exclaimed. "Now!"

"No! Please! No!" another voice screamed. Desperate sobs of a woman echoed in the dark room. 

The glint of a silver dagger illuminated in the dimly lit room. A shrill scream of the female wolf from the Cinereo wolf clan resounded in the room as the silver dagger neared her mate's body. Her mate was in his wolf form. He was a black wolf, which only meant that he was part of the Tenebris wolf clan. 

A whimper escaped the male wolf's mouth once the dagger stabbed him in the heart. The woman let out another scream that mixed with her loud sobbing. Her eyes started to turn green, indicating that she was starting to transform into a wolf. The two other wolves, who were in their human forms, held her back and restrained her from attacking her mate's killer. 

The wolf with the dagger in his hand advanced toward the woman. He raised the dagger in the air and brought it down to her chest - right where her heart was.

"Ahhhhhh!!!" Yiru screamed as she sat up on her bed. Sweat ran down her face as she panted heavily. Once she caught her breath, she pulled her knees into her chest and buried her head in her arms. 

Suddenly, the door of her bedroom bursted open and her older brother, Lay, came striding in. He sat on her bed and held her. "I'm here. I'm here. It's okay," he murmured comfortingly as he hugged her. Lay kissed the top of her head before Yiru pushed him away.

"I'm not scared," she hissed, but there was uneasiness in her voice. 

"Yeah, right. It was a nightmare. Of course you're scared. You always are." Again, Lay wrapped his arms around her shoulders. 

"It wasn't a nightmare," Yiru mumbled,"It was a vision of a true event." Lay stayed silent as he gave her a confused look. After seeing his perplexed expression, Yiru continued, "When was the last time a Cinereo wolf and a Tenebris wolf mated?"

Lay became even more confused. Why on earth was his sister asking such an unusual question? Despite the randomness, he answered her. "Not since Leader Leeteuk and the Cinereo wolf, Taeyeon, mated, which was about eight years ago." He unwrapped his arms around her and stared at her. "Why did you ask that question all of the sudden? Was your dream about them?"

Yiru nodded. "I dreamt about the night they were killed."

The Tenebris clan and the Cinereo clan had been enemies for about three centuries now, but they'd made a pact a few decades ago when they agreed to live in peace if they did not disturb each others' actions. One of the laws they made were that if a Tenebris wolf and a Cinereo wolf mated, they were to be killed. It wasn't a big deal because it didn't happen very often. Wolves usually mated with other wolves in their own pack. Being killed w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter