Prologue

Queer & Proud

“Sehun, are you ready?”

 

The said boy looked up from the phone in his hands. He looked at his mother who was currently leaning backwards in her car seat, looking at him with an uneasy smile. Sehun forced a tentative smile and nodded.

 

“Yeah.”

 

He slipped the phone into his pocket and exited the car. He grabbed his two duffel bags out of the trunk and slung it over his shoulders. He turned around to see his mom come towards him.

 

She awkwardly extended her arms and hugged her son. Sehun grimaced but gave her a weak squeeze before escaping from her embrace.


 

“Well-” Sehun’s mother seemed to be at lost of words, unsure of what she could say in this situation.

 

“I’ll miss you,” Sehun decided to make this short. It wasn’t like he wasn’t used to the good-byes. “I’ll probably be seeing you soon though, won’t I?”

 

“Sehun,” his mother cooed, “Don’t be so negative. You’ll fit in perfectly at this school. I’m sure of it.”

 

“Mom, the last time you said that I ended up getting expelled on the first week.

 

His mother cracked a tiny smile. “That’s beside the point.”


 

A heavy silence followed her statement, and Sehun bit his lips nervously. He took a look at his mother to see her doing the same thing.

 

“I’ll be going now,” Sehun said. He hugged her one last time before turning around and walking towards the school gate.

 

“Don’t forget to call!”

 

Sehun waved at her direction before closing the big iron gates behind him. He caught sight of his mother’s Genesis driving off. Sighing heavily, he faced the school.

 

Sehun had been to four different high schools in the past year. It wasn’t because he was a delinquent, setting random stuff on fire or beating up innocent people. It was also not because his parents had some kind of job that made him constantly move around.

 

No, the only reason Sehun was expelled and admitted into schools like a daily routine was because he was just unlucky. He just happened to be caught by the CCTV sitting next to the guy who hijacked the principal's car. He accidently mixed two chemicals together and the next moment half of the school building was filled with smoke. He also didn’t mean to trip that one guy who was already clumsy as he was. It wasn’t his fault that he tumbled down the stairs and broke his arms and leg.

 

And here he was, the newbie to another high school. He was so used to it by now he no longer felt nervous or excited. He was sure he was going to be out of this school in a couple of weeks, maybe even a whole semester if he was lucky, so there was no need to try.

 

The moment he stepped forward, Sehun was hit with a strong blow and fell to the ground. He whipped around and glared at a tall guy towering over him with a startled look.

 

“Sorry!” The guy squeaked, scratching his head. “I was just in a hurry to get to class. I swear I didn’t see you there.”

 

“It’s fine,” Sehun said. When the guy stood in front of him, not moving, Sehun raised an eyebrow.

 

“Uh, don’t you need to get to class?”

 

The guy’s eyes widened and his clapped his hands together. “Oh yeah! You’re new, right? My name’s Park Chanyeol. See you around!”

 

Sehun scoffed as the guy went running off. Sehun never had a friend for too long, but one of the upsides from moving around was that he was very good at reading people and deciding which ones he would rather not associate with. The guy he just met, Park Chanyeol, was definitely in the group he avoided. The hyper, overly happy and excited manner annoyed him to no end.

 

Sehun finally reached the school building. He pushed open the front door and walked in. The first thing he noticed was the shiny tile floor and the gigantic chandelier on the ceiling. A reception desk was placed right in the middle with a young lady in her late twenties typing away on her computer. He cleared his throat and she looked up with a bright smile.

 

“Oh, I didn’t see you there. You’re the new kid? Oh Sehun?”

 

Sehun wondered how everyone knew him. It wasn’t that weird to have a new kid, wasn’t it?

 

“Yeah,” he said, though he was feeling a little uncomfortable under her gaze.

 


 If it was possible, her expression got even brighter and she giggled. She grabbed a folder from a big pile and handed it to him.


 

“You can find all the necessary information in there. Your classes, dorm number, lunch period, etc. There’s even a map in there so you won’t get lost. The school’s pretty big, so I recommend you carry that around on your first day. You should probably go unpack in your dorm first. Dorm D is on your right.”

 

Sehun gripped the folder tightly and nodded at her before walking to the right corridor. He heard her wish him good luck, but for some odd reason, he only felt more anxious. Biting his lips, he looked down on the map in his hands.

 

“Turn right, then go straight, and then there should be the art room....”

 

He looked up and grinned when he was a big sign with the words Art Room on it.

 

“Go straight past the art room and turn left.”

 

He followed the directions and found himself in front of a large glass door. The alphabet D was engraved on a pillar and he could see rows of doors neatly arranged in number order. Suddenly, Sehun realized that this school was very different from his previous schools. It wasn’t his first time in a school dorm, but it was definitely the first time in a school that looked like it was for the royalty.

 

Sehun flipped through the folder to recheck the fact that QP high school was indeed a public school.

 

Sehun slowly opened the door and entered the corridor. The marble floor made him feel like he was in some sort of palace. He quickly walked while checking the number on each door. He was supposed to find Room #D67.

 

His eyes finally landed on the same set of numbers. Sighing in relief, and happy that he could finally put his heavy bags down, he pushed open the door.

 

The room was relatively simple. There were two beds against each wall, and two identical desks were adjacent to each other right by the balcony. One desk was already filled with papers and books, while the other one was empty. There was an odd smell that stung his nose, and he saw bits of trash lying around, but he figured that it was normal for any teenage male's room. However, what caught Sehun’s attention was a slightly shorter guy with dirty blonde hair staring directly at him. His bigs doe like eyes blinked once before he broke into a wide grin.
 

Before Sehun knew it, the guy ran over and bounced on top of him, knocking him to the ground. Sehun groaned and looked up at the guy on top of him in shock.
 

 

“Oh Sehun! Welcome home!”

 

 


Hey readers! Welcome to my new fic Queer & Proud. I was wondering who I should put as the main pairing, but I just couldn't resist the temptation of Hunhan teehee XD Anyways this is just a short prologue. I hoped you enjoyed it!

 

I would appreciate it if you all could subscribe, vote, and comment below! It helps me know that at least some people are enjoying what I write :) All writers love feedback, encouragement, and constructive criticism, so give me some! haha XD

 

Thank you ~