Episode 1 (Part 1)

Monstar (Season 2): One-shot

[Narrating what happened to S1 casts] (P.S. This narration won't be shown on TV.*)

*even if this story really happens next year X)

All For One is probably the only band standing still in Buk-chon High. The only difference is that they're not doing well nowadays unlike last year where they've their charismatic leader, Ma Joon-hee. Eventually, All For One no longer exists in this world, except some of the non-members still remember the All For One band being great in succeeding any classical song during their glory days. 

However, everybody quit from All For One until none of them is left to form it. How can this happen?

After a successful win on "Kiss of Goddess" last year, Ma Joon-hee along with his younger sister (Hyo-rin) got some offers from top musicians of South Korea. But, the Ma siblings decided to enrol themselves in the same college of their sunbae Park Daniel the next year, which led the All For One to be fallen down. As for Shin Jae-rok, he transferred to another school...in CHINA.

His father has been offered with a job he can't refuse regarding the company as it was about to go bankrupt due to some insiders revealing some data to CEO Shin's rivals. This issue made Jae-rok being down for the time being. Unfortunately, Jae-rok got into some gangster fight on a fateful night which made this issue the second reason of CEO Shin transferring Jae-rok to another school. By now, rumors about him and the Ma siblings are no longer to be "all for one". We'll never know what really happened to these trio, but most of the students in Buk-chon High are glad they're no longer around as the AFO trio were the bossy kids at all times. Of course some of them pity for the trio unable to realise of their good times with the other All For One members.

The Vice Principal had a hard time persuading the other members to stay in Buk-chon High. Believe it or not, one of the teachers claimed she heard him cursing at a photo of the All For One Trio (the Ma siblings and Shin Jae-rok). Well, he should know that he can't "beat" kids whose parents are the chaebols. His only hope is to be able to recruit some talented students to form a band representing the school. And it all starts with a male transfer student...

[JUMP CUT] [Background music:https://soundcloud.com/ms_kimsayoung/catch-the-star]

It's the year 2014 and this story starts on a lovely March day. Teacher Dokgo opens a letter from her niece, Se-yi, who is attending a music college somewhere in Namwon. While walking along the school corridor, Teacher Dokgo smiles as it read of the good times she and Se-yi had together when all of them, including Se-yi's mom, were staying in Teacher Dokgo's house in Seoul.

It is also said that Se-yi has started a music class in a kindergarten school of the countryside. It sounds like volunteering work, but Se-yi has wanted to teach small kids about music, so this happens. She is still together with Yoon Seol-chan, the leader for "Men In Black", and eventually their relationship has been known by the whole country, especially Seol-chan's fans. Fortunately, they approved Seol-chan's relationship with Se-yi; thus his fans are still supporting him and his group. 

Teacher Dokgo sits at her desk looking at the photo of Se-yi and her band "ColorBar".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's that?" Teacher Choi asks as soon he sees her sitting at her desk with him leaning forward towards her to see the photo. He is wearing a red-and-black tracksuit to start a PE class soon.

"Kids...They all grow up so fast, right?" Teacher Dokgo replies with sigh and nostalgia running through her mind right now.

"Well, they can't be young forever. We should be happy that they have chosen their own path. I heard Gyu-dong and Do-nam are starting as a duo again. Along with Nana and Eun-ha as being their former bandmates. Where are they exactly?"

"I don't know, but wherever these kids are, I'm sure they'll be alright without me. As for Seon-woo, if you didn't know yet, he moved on with him studying abroad in New York. I believe he's gonna pursue classical music with his cello skills." She smiles as she puts back the picture in her drawer.

"And Se-yi? Is she still on good terms with Seol-chan?"

"Why?"

"Well, Seol-chan is a big star, and Se-yi isn't. But I hope they'll still be together." Teacher Choi whispers to her: "By the way, the vice-principal has taken over this school? Because this is bad for us, Soon-ah."

[Background music ends]

"Teacher Dokgo!" The Vice-principal appears in the staffroom with a hardened face. The Principal has given him full authority regarding everything relating to Buk-chon's issues. Now, the Principal is in Hong Kong establishing a school branch which might take a long time as there's a problem in finding the right location. Today, the Vice-principal comes inside the staffroom with a tall bundle of flyers in his hands. He puts them on Teacher Dokgo's desk with a bang that it seems like he's calling for desperate measures.

"Staple these flyers on any boards in the school. Especially the main board near the canteen."

Teacher Dokgo is surprised of this that she said: "Right now?!" But Vice-principal, what's this?"

Teacher Choi takes a flyer and reads out loud the main phrase with his eyebrows squinting at it.

"Interested in joining a band? Come and sign up as a member of it in representing Buk-chon High! Date of audition will be informed soon."

Teacher Dokgo: Vice-principal, is this really important? I mean, the students don't know what kind of band they'll be in.

Vice-principal: That's not important. Right now, please put these up around. The sooner, the better.

Teacher Choi: Then, I'll help her with this. Though I'm not sure if the students are interested in this stuff...

Vice-principal: Are you ridiculing me, Teacher Choi?! All For One is gone for good!! Now, it'll be a good time for a young kid carrying an instrument on his back to show up in this room!

Then, the staffroom door opens and what do you know? The vice-principal's words have come true with the youngster carrying a guitar backpack behind him; only the difference is that the youngster looks like a rough kid. He's wearing an Oasis T-shirt with a short-sleeved leather black jacket strutting in blue denim jeans. The youngster walks up to them and he looks at them with somehow a "careless" look on his face.

Vice-principal: Who are you?

The youngster, in his right hand, hands out a paper form that appears to be the youngster's profile. "I'm a transfer student. I'm here to register in this school."

Teacher Dokgo sees this surprising encounter as somewhat unusual while Teacher Choi looks on at the youngster like he doesn't expect the youngster to be here AT ALL.

[JUMP CUT]

Teacher Dokgo and Teacher Choi are watching the conversation between the youngster and the vice-principal outside the latter's office.

Teacher Dokgo: That kid...He somehow gives a cool vibe just now.

Teacher Choi: That punk...

Teacher Dokgo: Do you know him?

Teacher Choi: Well, Soon-ah...I didn't expect him to be here in Korea. Do I have to tell you?

Teacher Dokgo: It can't be...that he's a troublemaker?

Teacher Choi: What?? He's not like that...

The vice-principal's door opens and he and the boy comes out with the former smiling a little.

He turns to Teacher Dokgo and says: "Teacher Dokgo, show him around the school and make it as quick as possible for you to finish your job putting the flyers up on some boards."

"Why don't I help her while she shows me around the school?"

The adults are surprise to hear him saying that as it seems he wants to make a good impression on them.

Nevertheless, the vice-principal gives his consent eventually. Teacher Dokgo and the boy walks out of the staffroom with each of them carrying a bundle of flyers.

[JUMP CUT]

While they staple a few flyers on some main boards outside the basketball court, Teacher Dokgo asks:

"So...tell me about yourself. Anything will do."

"Why do you want to know, Teacher?"

"Because...Back at the staffroom, it seemed Teacher Choi knows you before. Are you related? I know! He's your uncle, right?"

The boy keeps a straight face when he replies: "Are you his girlfriend?"

"Huh?" Teacher Dokgo becomes speechless when he says that suddenly. "It's not..."

"I've seen that expression whenever you try to deny it, Teacher. Sorry if I'm making you awkward now."

"Oh! No! No!" Teacher Dokgo replies, shaking her head sideways. "I'm not your uncle's girlfriend. It's just that we were friends before. He was my father's student.

"You've guessed it right. I'm his nephew. And it's good for him to get a partner in his life. If the lady is able to be patient all the way. Most times he acts childish."

"Anyway," Teacher Dokgo coughs awkwardly. "What about you? Where have you come from?"

"You should look at my profile, Teacher. But I can answer that now." He turns to look at her face and says: "Okinawa."

"Eh?! That's very far. What about your..." Teacher Dokgo's handphone rings all of a sudden, and she answers it. "Hello?" (The boy gets back at stapling the flyers.) "Huh?"

"You're in the washroom?" "You want me to..." "It's the time of the month?" "Alright, I'll be right there with it."

She turns to face the boy and says: "Eun-jae, I've to go and help a colleague. Are you able to finish the job?"

"Don't worry," Eun-jae replies with his hands stapling a flyer on the board. "You better get going, Teacher."

"Right, right. I'll be back soon." She runs until she's out of Eun-jae's sight.

[JUMP CUT]

Eun-jae staples the last flyer on the board outside the music room. Then, he looks around and finds an empty classroom. He opens the door and walks leisurely towards the bright window. He looks up at the sky. After looking up at the sky, his face displays a melancholic look. He turns around and takes out his guitar from its backpack. It was an old guitar with the initials "PDJ + JEJ" at the side of the guitar.

Meanwhile, someone is walking at the corridor near that classroom. Then, the person is revealed to be a high school girl wearing Buk-chon's school uniform. She has long brown hair, and not to mention her pretty looks which most boys would fall for that face. On her nametag, it says "Go Seung-hee". It is this time she hears somebody strumming (maybe) a guitar. That's when she hears a nice voice sung by a young boy.

[JUMP CUT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPzjYjYdAn8 (Title: Grief is My Strength)

[Seung-hee watches, from the backdoor, Eun-jae. She watches still and listens to him singing this song until the end with her smiling a little at Eun-jae strumming his guitar to the song.]

When Eun-jae finishes singing, he hears clapping from the backdoor of the classroom. He turns around to see a girl clapping while smiling at him. He figures out that she has watched him singing the whole song. Then, Seung-hee stops clapping and walks up towards him with a content look. Eun-jae tries to ignore her look on him as he's feeling awkward with her for some reason of being noticed by a stranger being nice to him. Of course he sees her in Buk-chon's school uniform which means she's a student here.

"Nice song. But...Why did you sing..." Then, she sees Eun-jae packing his guitar already. He's ready to walk out when Seung-hee pleads "Wait!" to Eun-jae. He stops by the backdoor and he's looking more nervous than before. "Are you looking for someone?," Seung-hee asks. "I won't let any adult to know you're wandering around here. Can I know your name?"

Eun-jae turns his head and says: "See you tomorrow." He leaves the classroom immediately. Seung-hee thinks of running after him, but somehow she believes his words just now. She sees his back until he disappears around the corridor. Wondering about this boy looking like a rock band member, Seung-hee feels an unexpected feeling like her life is gonna change forever.