Mate?

Roll Like A Wolf

 

Kris stared blankly at the black male in front of him, recognising him straight away from his scent as the wolf from the night before. His face twisted into a frown at the sight of his matted fur and blood. Kris looked from Sehun to the male, then back at Sehun.

 

“Do you know him?”

 

“Yes!” Sehun cried out in a panicked voice, scared that they were going to kill Tao

“He is from my pack, he’s probably only here because of me. Please don’t hurt him” he said desperately

 

“Sehun calm down it’s ok” Kai said gently, “Kris?”

 

Kris was still eyeing the black male up and down.

“What is your name?

 

“Tao” he said, looking up at the alpha with confidence.

 

Kris was a little taken back by Tao’s upfront attitude, but was impressed and amused by him. Tao felt the golden male’s eyes fixate on him, until his gaze turned soft and chuckled a little.

 

“My name is Kris and I am the alpha of this pack.” Kris announced, “It seems like you have trespassed in my territory” he said, assessing the reactions on Tao’s face.

 

“I’m sorry that we have trespassed” Tao said, “ We will be out as soon as we can”

You won’t be going anywhere

 

Kris thought, but kept the words in his head.

 

“Chanyeol!” Kris said in a stern voice, “Take them back to the cave. Kai go with them.” He then eyed the orange male, “I will deal with you when we get back” knowing that the damage inflicted on Tao would have been from his strongest and aggressive member of the pack.

 

With a look of deflation, Chanyeol started walking back, but stopped, waiting for the others to catch up. Kai sighed and started following his pack mate from behind, not before motioning for Sehun and Tao to join them.

 

Sehun and Tao looked into each other’s eyes for what seemed to be a long time. They eyes seemed to relay an unspoken conversation and bond between them. It somehow annoyed Kris to the point where he coughed to break the exchange.

 

“Come on Sehun, let’s go” Tao said quietly. He wanted Sehun to get away while he still could, but knew the younger would not leave without him. Sehun quickly ran to Tao’s side to help him limp towards Kai and Chanyeol, leaving Kris behind to his thoughts. Sehun was ecstatic he had found Tao, but worried about the wounds that he had received, some of which looked like that had been reopened. But he knew Tao was tough and would heal quickly, which gave Sehun some kind of relief.

 

As they walked back slowly, Tao couldn’t shake off the gaze the golden alpha had given him. He constantly looked back to see if he was following, but the forest behind them just stood still.

 

Remembering that he had just found Sehun, he turned and looked at the younger male with a sudden disapproving look. “I forgot to ask, where have you been?!?” Tao said in a loud and stern voice, grabbing Sehun’s attention immediately. “I got lost, somehow, I don’t know how I ended up here. But you know my sense of smell isn’t that great to begin with” Sehun looked down sheepishly.

 

Tao let out a frustrated sigh “Do you know how long everyone has been looking for you. The rest of them are probably still out there. Now they have to worry about me too”

 

Sehun flinched at Tao’s harsh tone, “I’m sorry, I really am” his voice becoming quieter. Tao sighed again, but this timed softened his expression, “I’m just glad your ok” giving a on Sehun’s nose.

 

Sehun’s face brightened up and snuggled his head under Tao’s chin, demanding affection from his brother. Tao chucked at the cute gesture and allowed him to continue until he was done.

 

Neither of them noticed Kai eyeing them both curiously, wondering what kind of relationship the two had, hiding the twinge of the jealousy he was currently feeling towards Tao. Chanyeol noticed Kai looking at the two and playfully nudged him, “See one you like?” he chuckled. Kai almost immediately flicked his head back towards Chanyeol, “S-Shut up” Kai said. Chanyeol laughed, as the smaller male tried to push him to no avail.

 


 

As soon as they made it back, Lay rushed towards them with a worried look. “Tao! Where have you been! And Chanyeol, you better pray to God Tao isn’t hurt again”

 

“I swear I didn’t touch him…” Chanyeol said, refusing to look into lay’s eyes.

 

Silence drenched the air. Lay’s gaze drilled into Chanyeol’s head until he finally looked up.

 

“Ok I did but I didn’t do anything serious, I just though he was trying to run away,” Chanyeol said finally breaking under the pressure.

 

“Seriously Chanyeol, you can’t go on for ten minutes without causing trouble” Lay sighed, “Come over here Tao, I’ll redo you wounds”

 

“Sorry Lay” Tao apologised, walking over with the help of Sehun.

 

Whilst Tao got his wounds redressed, Kai had the chance to talk to Sehun again.

“Kai” Sehun called out, as he trotted towards Kai “Thank you again for helping me…. and Tao” Giving him a small on the cheek as a small sign of thanks.

Kai looked down a little with embarrassment “d-don’t mention it”

“This is a really random question but-“ Kai hesitated as Sehun leaned in to hear his question, “Do you have a mate yet?” Kai spat the question out like a bullet.

 

Sehun blinked a few times and started laughing. Kai felt flustered, “don’t laugh” he said pouting a bit.

 

“I’m sorry” Sehun chuckled, “but you bet Tao and I were mates didn’t you?”

“I did not,” Kai said defensively, even though the thought hadn’t escaped his mind yet.

“Tao has been with me since I was born, even though we aren’t real brothers, he may as well be. And no, I don’t have a mate yet” Sehun answered the unspoken question, eyeing Kai up and down in the process “but that may change” he said cheekily, nipping Kai on the ear before returning to Tao’s side.

 

It was only after Tao had fallen asleep with Sehun refusing to leave his side, did the alpha come home. He had been out hunting and scouting, and retuned with a stag as his prize.

 

He entered the cave to be meet with Lay who had just finished talking to Chen and Suho about what had happened early his morning. He knew that the alpha wouldn’t be pleased that Chanyeol had disobeyed the alpha’s orders

 

 


 

 

“Luhan are you sure about this?” D.O whimpered a little

“What other choice do I have?!” Luhan replied harshly

“Maybe we can try and reason with them” Xiumin said

 

“What! I can’t believe you’re agreeing with Luhan!” D.O growled as a sudden flare of anger shot through him. “They might not even be there”

 

“Well if there’s a chance they’re there I’m willing to take it” Xiumin replied calmly

 

D.O instantly shut his mouth and sighed

“Fine. But we have to be out before night” 

 


I hope everyone is enjoying the new year 

and had a wonderful christmas.

Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, commented and upvoted

It especially means a lot when you comment, because I get to hear what 

you guys think of my story. 

Thank you sooo much~~ <3

Hope 2013 was great for you ^-^

 

exotichime