A Little Fate

It All Started With Green Tea Latte

The Exo boys were packing up after an intensive practice session for their newest album, XOXO. They were going to make a comeback in a few days' time and they needed to make sure their dance moves were flawless. 

"Hey Sehun, I'm going to take a breather outside after we pack up, want to join? I really need a break," Kai spoke tiredly, breath short and rugged. Sweat dripped down Kai's face and neck, drenching his grey muscle tank. 

 

"Nah, I think I'd rather go home and rest," Sehun pondered, "...actually count me in, the dorm would be too noisy to rest!" Sehun whined as he thought of the nightly parties Chanyeol and Baekhyun would organize, those two never were never tired.

 

As the boys finished packing up, Sehun and Kai made for the food street nearby. It was late at night, and street lamps lined the area. Only a few shops were still open, including a small cosy coffeehouse and some noodle restaurants. 

 

"You hungry? We could try the noodle shop if you are," Sehun asked Kai. "Not really, can we get some coffee instead? I don’t really feel like eating," Kai opted for the cosy coffeehouse. Sehun nodded and smiled slightly, knowing how Kai felt as the main dancer, stressed and tired as well. 

 

"Welcome~" the waiter at the counter said cheerfully with a bright smile, welcoming Kai and Sehun as they went over to the seats near the glass windows. 

 

"One Green Tea Latte please," Kai ordered. He loved Green Tea Latte, his favourite beverage of all time. He hasn't found one with a perfect blend of tastes yet though. 

 

"And one hazelnut latte for me thank you," Sehun smiled acknowledgingly. 

 

As the waiter left, Kai sighed. “Sehun ah, I feel like my life has no meaning...only practicing for comebacks and performing for people, it's so repetitive. I have no goal or interest, even dancing has become a chore." Sehun raised an eyebrow slightly, "But we were told before we became trainees, that this would be our life. And that love life is banned...so why did you still choose this?"

 

Kai just shrugged, he didn't have an answer to that. He just hoped he would find some meaning to his life soon so that he wouldn't regret his decision. 

 

"Here's green tea latte and hazelnut latte, enjoy your beverages!" The waiter from just now approached them and placed their drinks carefully with a smile. 

 

As Kai drowned deep in thought, he took a sip from his latte. 

 

"Oh! This green tea latte's really good! What a nice blend of bitterness and fragrance...I've never tasted anything like it," Kai's spirits lifted as he took in the tasty blend, savouring it. He had just found the exact taste of green tea latte he had been searching for, and he was happy in that moment. 

 

"Is it that good? Let me try it!" Sehun grabbed the latte playfully from Kai's hands and pretended to take a big gulp from it. "Yah! My latte!" Kai hit Sehun mischievously. Laughing playfully, Sehun returned the glass.

 

"Sorry it was too nice I couldn't help it! But seriously, it's good! You need to learn to make that for me..." Sehun commented cheekily. Kai's eyes brightened up, mouth curving up into a smile "Yah, great idea! I should ask if I could learn from the barista...for once you're smart, Sehun!!" Kai chuckled. Before Sehun could hurl anything at Kai, Kai dashed off towards the front counter and asked the waiter if he could meet the barista.

 

"Sure, but he's not supposed to reveal any of our special techniques for making the beverages, just to let you know," the waiter informed Kai. Kai nodded, still wanting to meet the barista behind the amazing coffee.

 

The waiter led Kai into the area where the barista worked, and left after. Kai made his way into the coffee making area, and found a tall, lean figure pouring some hot liquid with his back turned against Kai. 'He' had long hair...

 

"Hello! Your green tea latte is amazing! Can I learn it from you please?" Kai greeted with an optimistic, cheerful voice. The lean figure turned around, and Kai's eyes widened, his jaw dropping open slightly. The barista was a boy...a freaking gorgeous boy. He had extensions on his hair, which made him all the more prettier. His facial features were like a girl's, eyelashes long and feminine, and his lips were soft and pink. His skin was silky smooth...

 

Kai was not aware that he was subconsciously staring at the 'pretty' barista until he heard his name being called. "Kai? Are you okay? I just wanted to meet the barista too, so I came in!" Sehun's cheery voice broke the silence. "H-Huh yes yes I'm okay...I just...OH I realised I haven't introduced myself! I'm Kai, that is Sehun, nice to meet you!" Kai blurted out to the barista. 

 

"Ah hello, I am Taemin, nice to meet you, I heard you like my green tea latte?" The barista smiled, eyes curving up into crescent-like eye smiles. "Y-yes! Green tea latte...amazing...oh yes nice to meet you, Taemin!" Kai stuttered, his thoughts messed up after seeing that smile...he couldn't comprehend what he was feeling. 

 

"Few people appreciate the taste of green tea latte, I'm glad you like it! If you want, I can teach you how to make it, but I'm not exactly allowed to, so maybe if you want to you can drop by a while everyday so I can teach you a little each day?" Taemin smiled. 

 

"Sure! I promise I'll drop by everyday from tomorrow, see you then!" Kai immediately agreed, happy that he could learn from Taemin.

 

"Yah Kai...is something up? The way you looked at Taemin just now was...unusual of you" Sehun nudged Kai, on the way back to their dorm. "Huh? Why was it unusual? I don't know, I thought everything was normal!" Kai's eyes avoided Sehun's gaze. "When I went in just now, you were looking at Taemin like...how my dad looks at my mom" Sehun coughed, mentally slapping himself for his lame comparison. "What?! Stop joking around Sehun, that's so ridiculous! ...it's just that, I thought Taemin was really...pretty" Kai blushed at the end of his sentence. “His eyes, when they curve up into eye smiles…they’re so beautiful” Kai couldn’t help but blush once again. 

 

"Oh my god Kai...that's exactly how Chanyeol is when he talks about Baekhyun. And you know how their relationship is...I think you're in love" Sehun's eyes widened at his newfound discovery.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: How did you like the storyline? >< I'm trying to write a decent taekai fanfic ㅋ I've only written one-shots before, so I hope this will turn out okay :) p.s. I will try to update with chapter 2 soon! :)