Past Memories

After all these Years

~Flashback~

The school bell rang, indicating that the classes had already ended for that day. Automatically, all the students sprang up from their seats and hurriedly made their way outside their respective rooms, mingling, giggling and talking to one another as they went out.

One certain raven haired guy was running at full speed. Dodging and pushing all the people that were blocking his way as he ran across the corridor looking for his 2 particular friends. At last, after running, dodging, pushing and apologizing for quite some time, he finally found his 2 bestfriends walking out of the Physics room.

"Kyuhyun, Donghae!" Eunhyuk shouted and wrapped both of his arms on each shoulder of his friends "Let's go out today"

Kyuhyun and Donghae looked at each other, surprised and curious at what Eunhyuk is planning to do.

"Sure, but where are we going?" Donghae asked as they went outside the university together.

Eunhyuk hummed before answering "hmm.........remember the cafe where we went the other day?" Both Kyuhyun and Donghae nodded, understanding what he is pertaining to.

"Well that's the place" Eunhyuk smiled widely.

"Come to think of it, that cafe has many delicious foods and the atmosphere there is really nice and comfortable too" Kyuhyun stated.

Suddenly, an idea popped inside Donghae's mind "Well, why don't we make that place our hangout?" He suggested staring at his friends for confirmation.

"That's not a bad idea!" Eunhyuk exclaimed.

"Then it's settled. That cafe will be our hangout from now on" All of them smiled in agreement and head straight to their 'new' hangout.

Ever since that day, that particular cafe became their hangout. Every day after their classes have ended, they would always go there to chill, to hangout, eat foods, do their assignments and projects and many other things a teenage guy could possibly do inside a cafe. This has become their daily routine, going to and fro from school to the cafe.

Weeks have passed. Eunhyuk, Donghae and Kyuhyun still continued going to the cafe just to hang out and kill some time 'BUT' not this time. They do not know that today, they are about to experience the most indelible moment of their lives.

After entering, they quickly sat on their usual spot which is just beside the window pane that views the busy street outside. They were happily talking and laughing about random things for quite some time now but not until their eyes landed on 3 beautiful figures in front of them. Eunhyuk who was sitting in the middle of the black couch immediately nudged his friends' side.

"Hey guys, do you see what I see?" Eunhyuk asked with eyes still glued on the 3 figures.

"Ahuh" Was the only word that escaped from Kyuhyun and Donghae's mouth because they were so busy drooling gawking at the 3 figures sitting across their table. Kyuhyun was the first one to regain his composure, slapping each of Donghae and Eunhyuk's cheek to snap them out from their daydream.

"Ouch! Both Donghae and Eunhyuk whined in unison.

"Why did you slap us?"Donghae asked rubbing his already reddened cheek.

"Obviously, to snap both of you out of your trance" Kyuhyun replied in a matter-of-fact tone. Donghae and Eunhyuk's mouth formed an "o" signifying that they got what Kyuhyun meant whilst they continued staring at the 3 girls in which later on Kyuhyun joined in.

Minutes have passed but the 3 guys remained unmoved from their positions. They are still staring at the 3 ladies with gaping mouths. Good thing the waiter coughed, making them close their wide opened mouths and fix themselves.

"May I take your orders gentlemen?" The waiter asked awkwardly.

Realizing that they haven't looked at the menu ever since they arrived at the cafe, they scurriedly took it and dictated random orders. Not noticing that the page they were on was the classic food section, meaning that the foods there have an expensive price because their minds are all still blurry from their previous train of thoughts.

"Is that all sir?" The waiter asked as he finished repeating their orders.

Kyuhyun, Donghae and Eunhyuk all nodded. Not being fully aware of what they really ordered.

"Then I'll get going now. Please enjoy your stay here" With that, the waiter left and went to the counter to give their orders.

Several minutes later, the waiter before gave Kyuhyun, Donghae and Eunhyuk's orders. They all look classy or rather expensive to them.

"Woah!! Is this what we really ordered? Or the waiter just made a mistake?" Eunhyuk questioned while eyeing all the foods on their table.

"I guess so. We did order hastily a while ago" Donghae stated as he took 4 red velvet cupcakes and placed it on his plate. Feeling that 2 pairs of eyes are staring at him, he looked up "What? Can't a guy like me eat peacefully?"

Kyuhyun sighed "We can't do anything now. Let's just eat and get our wallets ready later" With that, Kyuhyun cut a big piece monte blanc and shoved it in his mouth. Eunhyuk just shrugged his shoulders, taking whole the mocha flavored ice cream cake and began eating it like there's no tomorrow.

Donghae was the first one to finish eating and is now drinking iced tea."Ughh! I ran out of juice" He grunted. He then nudged Eunhyuk's side"Hyuk, go get some water"

"Whyyy donnn't yoooou cwalllll thwaaa waitelllll?" Eunhyuk asked in slurred words because of the foods that were stuffed on both side of his cheeks.

Kyuhyun then interrupted their conversation "I know! Let's just play rock-paper-scissors to know who will get water for all of us"

"Fine. Let's do it" Both Eunhyuk and Donghae said as they get in to position. Kyuhyun then followed them as they stood up from their seats and got ready for the game.

"Rock-paper-scissors" All of them shouted in unison. Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun laid scissors while Donghae laid paper.

"Yah! How did I lose?" Donghae asked frustrated.

"Just go and get us some water" Kyuhyun said as he motioned Donghae to go away and do his task. "Hurry!"

Donghae annoyingly dragged his feet to the counter to get some water. He took the pail and turned around, walking back to their table. As he was walking, his eyes automatically darted on the 3 ladies they had been fantasizing about, especially the blonde girl with straight hair. Just then, the blonde girl stood up but Donghae, being oblivious as he is, continued walking forward making him end up bumping on the latter and spilling the contents of the pail on his and the blonde's clothes.

"Arghh!! Can't you watch where you're going?!" The blonde asked irritatingly in perfect english as he shot Donghae her signature cold glare.

"Ahh............." Is the only word Donghae could utter because he was totally lost looking at those dark brown orbs that are staring directly at his own. And even though he was receiving a glare, he doesn't care. All that matters to him now was their moment together but unfortunately, his friends broke their ‘moment’ after witnessing what had happened between them.

"Excuse me miss. We're truly sorry for what our friend did" Kyuhyun apologized while bowing several times with Eunhyuk and Donghae copying his actions. Just then, the blonde's friends stood up, also bowing and apologizing. Saying that it's alright because it happened accidentally.

"No, it's alright. I'm sure your friend didn't mean it" The tall girl smiled.

Seeing the tall girl smile, Kyuhyun felt like his world had stopped rotating. He quickly placed his right hand over his left chest to see if his heart is still beating. He then inhaled a lungful of air to calm his nerves down.

"Umm...... since I practically ruined your evening, why don't you let me... I mean us, pay for your meals. Just treat it as my apology"Donghae suggested. The girls took a look at one another and nodded their heads.

"Sure. It will also save us some money" The other blonde girl with tied hair joked, earning a smack on her arm from her fellow blonde friend. Witnessing this moment, Eunhyuk smiled unconsciously at the bubbly girl in front of him.

All 6 of them decided to sit on the guys' table since they ordered a lot of food. As soon as they settled themselves comfortably on the couch, each girl facing the guy, silence engulfed them.

"Well........this is awkward.......Oh wait! I have an idea! Let's introduce ourselves!" Eunhyuk grinned proudly.

"Well of course Hyuk. That's normal. Geez" Kyuhyun facepalmed himself. The tall girl giggled after seeing Kyuhyun's reaction, making him blush and lower his head.

"Then I'll start. Hi, I'm Eunhyuk and this is Kyuhyun and Donghae" Eunhyuk introduced himself and his 2 friends as he extend his right hand asking for a handshake in which the blonde with tied hair gladly took. When his hand touched the blonde's hand, a smile automatically crept on his face. Feeling that there's something about that girl.

"I guess it's my turn now. Hi, I'm Sooyoung and this is Hyoyeon, our dancing machine" Sooyoung stated as she placed her hand over Hyoyeon's head then placing her other hand on her other friend's head "and this other blonde girl is Jessica, our very own ice princess, the one who shot you a cold glare a while ago"

"Really?! You also like to dance?" Eunhyuk asked Hyoyeon excitedly.

"Yup! I really like to dance. Why did you ask?

"Because I also like to dance" Eunhyuk beamed "I bet we're gonna get along well”

"I bet we'll do!" Hyoyeon raised her hand and gave Eunhyuk a high five. On the other hand, the blonde girl with straight hair slapped her tall friend's arm. Earning her a painful screeched.

"Ouch! Why did you slap my arm Sica?" Sooyoung winced in pain while rubbing her hurt arm.

Jessica just rolled her eyes and slapped her arm again "Why did you introduced me as the ice princess?"

"Ouch! Why? It's true right? You are our ice princess" Sooyoung more.

"That's it Shikshin! You're gonna get it from me!" Jessica shouted and was about to strangle Sooyoung when Donghae interrupted them, or more like saving Sooyoung from HellSica.

"Ice princess huh. That really suits you" Donghae said in attempt of showing her compliment but Jessica didn't took it as a compliment, instead she took it as a mock.

"YOU.DID.NOT.JUST.SAY.THAT" Jessica spoke slowly, gritting her teeth in between. Anger obviously evident on her tone.

"Well come to think of it, you did gave me a cold glare when I spilled water on your clothes"

"TELL ME DONGHAE, WHO WOULDN’T GET ANGRY IF SOMEONE SPILLED WATER ON HIM OR HER?!" Jessica lost her temper and burst.

"It depends on the situation" He answered coily.

Jessica couldn't believe what she just heard "IT DEPENDS?! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT IT DE------“ She didn't finish her sentence when Donghae spoke up.

"But your cold glare is kinda cute" Donghae suddenly blurted out, making the ice princess blush madly.

"Ooh~ looks like our ice princess is melting" Sooyoung cooed on Jessica's ear teasingly.

"Shut Up!" Jessica spat and lowered her head. Hiding her tomato colored face from anyone.

Sooyoung just chuckled looking at the sight of her embarrassed friend and let her enjoy her talk with Donghae. She then looked at her left and right side since she was sitting in the middle, only to see that her 2 friends are engaged in a busy talk with Donghae and Eunhyuk. She also took a glance at the person in front of her and saw that Kyuhyun is just playing the ice inside his cup, probably bored like her.

"Kyuhyun, are you bored?"

Kyuhyun was surprised that Sooyoung suddenly asked her that's why he ended up stuttering "M-me? N-no. I mean no"

"Eh? Why are you stuttering? Does your throat hurt? Are you sick?" Sooyoung asked in concern tone and leaned forward to touch Kyuhyun's forehead.

"Umm.... You don't have a fever yet your face is red"

"Really? Maybe it's because of the hot weather today" Kyuhyun panned himself using his hands.

"But this restaurant is air-conditioned Kyu"

"E-eh, r-really? Maybe I just can't feel it" Kyuhyun stuttered again.

 "And.....did you just call me Kyu?"

"Yeah. Don't you like it? If not then I'll not c------"

"NO NO NO! I mean no. I mean yes. Yes, you can call me that" Kyuhyun cut off Sooyoung's sentence.

"Are you sure? You know, I don't mind if you don't want me t---------" Again, Sooyoung was cut off by Kyuhyun.

"No, it's okay. I really like the idea that you would call me Kyu" Realizing that what he said just now was a bit awkward, he immediately rephrased it. "I mean, I really like the nickname you gave me" he smiled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Sooyoung smiled "Then i'll call you Kyu from now on"

"And I'll call you Soo from now on"

"Sure" Both answered together and continued talking.

After their faithful meeting with one another, the 3 guys and the 3 ladies continued seeing each other at that cafe. It didn't take long when each one of them fell for one another. Namely Donghae and Jessica, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon and lastly Kyuhyun and Sooyoung. Those were one of the happiest moments of Kyuhyun's life BUT not anymore. All of it had already turned in to his worst nightmare, memories that were engraved deeply in his mind.

~End of Flashback


Kyuhyun was already in front of the cafe but he felt that his hands were so heavy that he can't even lift it up and open the entrance door. Gathering all his strength, he limply lifted his hand and grabbed the door knob. The feeling of the cold metal brushing underneath his hand sends shivers down his spine, thinking that this was the place where it all started. Where he met her, talked to her, fell for her, dated her, but all of those are now a mirage for him. A delusion. An illusion.

He then pushed those thoughts at the very back of his mind and pushed the door open. After entering, he immediately scanned the whole place, to see if Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon or his other friends are already there but much to his dismay, he did not find any of them. He sighed and decided to take a sit on their usual spot during 'those days.' As he slumped his body on the couch, he took out his phone and dialled Eunhyuk's number, but he didn't pick up. He then tried calling Hyoyeon but just like Eunhyuk, she also didn't answer her phone. Soon, after calling all of his friends that he was supposed to meet who didn't even dare to pick up their phones, he finally gave up and sat lazily on his seat while tapping his fingers impatiently.

As time passed by, Kyuhyun began to feel bored but he doesn't want to ditch his friend. Not today, because this is a very special day for Eunhyuk. For he finally got the girl he loves and is now getting married. 'Unlike him who still can't move on and is still suffering from failed relationship.' Kyuhyun chuckled bitterly, because he knows that he shouldn't feel anything. Because he promised to himself a long time ago that he would forget her and move on. "TO HATE HER FOR WHAT SHE DID TO HIM----FOR RUINING HIS LIFE"

Shrugging the ideas off, Kyuhyun, being a certified gamer he is, began playing games on his phone to relieve stress and kill some time while waiting for the others. He was so in to the game that he would sometimes shout or curse if he wins or loses. Just then, a light chuckle could be heard behind him but he decided to ignore it since he was so busy playing.

And as he was still playing, he smelled a familiar scent lingering around him. He badly wanted to turn around and take a look at the person standing behind him who also has the same scent as "her" but if he does, he'll definitely lose on his game so he had no choice but to keep playing until he finishes the game before turning around. But then a light tap landed on his shoulder, making him grunt and stop his activity. After pausing his game, Kyuhyun swiftly turned his head around to look at the person who disturbed him. His jaw dropped when he saw the person standing in front him was no other than "HER”.