7 Years

After all these Years

The light shone brightly on a guy's face, making him grunt and awake at the sudden intrusion of the blinding light, penetrating his shut eyes. He rolled over his bed and laid flat on his stomach, avoiding the sunlight. But then, this time, his alarm was the one who disturbed his deep slumber. He groaned, feeling frustrated that his sleep was disturbed once again. He lazily sat on his bed and turned the alarm off. He took a glance at the clock and it read ‘9:24 am’.

He then got up from his bed and headed straight to the bathroom. Inside the bathroom, Kyuhyun just stared blankly at himself in front of the mirror, oblivious of what is happening around him. He remembered that today was the 7th year of their break-up. Those 7 years that he greatly wished that could turn into their anniversary, not their break-up. The memory was still fresh in his mind, like an imprint that cannot be erased.

~Flash Back: Seven Years Ago~

"Why are you breaking up with me so suddenly?" Kyuhyun asked the girl, holding her wrist tightly and securely, not wanting to let her go. “Did I do something wrong?"

"No Kyu. You did nothing wrong" The girl stated, avoiding Kyuhyun's stare.

"Then why do you want to break up with me?" Kyuhyun asked with tears threatening to fall. "I don't understand."

"K-Kyu..... P-please don't make this hard for me. I-I have to g-go" The girl stated as tears started rolling down her face.

Kyuhyun kept silent for a while, understanding what her girlfriend wants before asking "How long will you be gone?" He asked as he tightened his grip around her wrist.

"Kyu" The girl said softly, touching his left cheek with her free hand "I don't want you to wait for me, I.......... I want you to f-forget about m-me" She managed to say as she broke down and cry her heart out. Kyuhyun immediately knelt down and hugged her, comforting the whimpering girl in his arms.

"No, I'll never forget you, even for a second" Kyuhyun whispered to her as she kissed her temples "Nor will I ever think about doing that to you" He mumbled the last words as he buried his face on the girl's hair.

"No Kyu, there are others girls out there who are way better than me. Girls that will never hurt and leave you" The girl insisted.

 "Unlike like me" She muttered under her breath but was loud enough for Kyuhyun to hear. Kyuhyun just ignored her last statement and moved to kiss the girl's forehead.

After sometime, the girl slightly recovered from her previous break down and quickly stood up, only to run outside Kyuhyun's apartment, leaving him all alone.

Kyuhyun then watched as the love of her life vanished right before his very eyes. "I'll wait for you, even if it takes forever. Saranghae, Sooyoung-ah" Those were the last words he said before letting his tears flow freely across his face.

~Flash Back End~


~Meanwhile, somewhere in America~

A certain tall girl was standing near the glass window which covered almost half of the room. Leaning her head on it, she stared at the busy street of New York. People were going to and fro from one place to another, children were busy playing, students were crossing the busy streets to get to their schools, workers were halting for cabs, cars honking non-stop, it was just an ordinary day for the people, but not for this certain tall girl. For her, every day when she woke up, she feels that it is just another day for a battle. A battle to face her aching heart, a battle to forget the past, a battle to endure so much pain, a battle to erase "him" from her memories, a battle which she had already lose too long ago because up until now, she still cannot forget about him and is still suffering.

She paused for a while, letting her tears pour down from her eyes and flow across her face making her seem more miserable than she already is. She bit her lower lip to prevent her tears from falling but it's no use. Her tears just keep on gushing out from her eyes like a waterfall.

The tall girl just stood there, trying to gather all her strength to keep herself from breaking down and from whimpering. Just as she was a bit relaxed now, a knock was suddenly heard from the door making her flabbergast about it. She quickly wiped her tears using her hands and swiftly sat on her chair before answering.

 "Come in."

The door opened, revealing a certain brunette girl with an irresistible eye smile walking towards her with pile of folders in her hands. The eye smiling girl then sat on the chair opposite to Sooyoung.

"Good Morning Sooyoungie~" The eye smiling girl greeted, pinching her left cheek.

"Good Morning too Miyoungie~" Sooyoung greeted back while forcing out a smile. Good thing Tiffany didn't noticed it and proceeded with her work.She opened the folders and showed it to Sooyoung 

"Sooyoungie, these are the documents for our projects with the Lee Enterprise. It also states here that they are willing to share 3% of their shares with us if we will agree to invest $50 million in their company." Tiffany explained while scanning the pile of documents on Sooyoung's desk. She took a quick glance at Sooyoung to see if she has any objection or suggestion, but Tiffany just spotted a zoning off Sooyoung, staring at the documents in her hands blankly.

"Yah! Earth to Sooyoung" Tiffany yelled and slapped her arm.

"Ouchh!!! I swear Miyoung, if you continue to yell like that, there's a big chance that I will get deaf early and my arms, Oh! My poor arms, I feel that it'll fall off anytime soon if you continue to slap me." Sooyoung whined pouting her lips while rubbing both of her ears and arm. Tiffany then quickly stood up and went over to her.

"Mianhe Sooyoungie~" Tiffany apologized, caressing the whining girl's ears and arm.

Sooyoung lift her head up so she can look at Tiffany directly "Hahaha! Aniyo, it’s okay Miyoungie. I was just kidding." Sooyoung laughed but stopped when she felt a pair of soft hands cupping her face. She looked at the owner of the hands and stared at her curiously.

"Y-yah! Why are you s-staring at me l-like that?" Sooyoung stuttered feeling slightly uncomfortable with the intent stare Tiffany is giving her.

"Your eyes" Tiffany mumbled narrowing her eyes at Sooyoung.

"What about my eyes?" Sooyoung asked feeling more and more uncomfortable.

Tiffany took a minute or so before prying her hands away from Sooyoung and snapped her fingers "I got it! You cried didn't you?" Tiffany exclaimed.

"What? Why on earth would I cry?" Sooyoung asked sarcastically, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest.

"I know you Sooyoung. We've been friends for almost 7 years now. Just admit it." Tiffany persuaded Sooyoung to tell her the truth. "See, your eyes are so red and puffy"

Feeling defeated, Sooyoung took a deep breath and sighed "You got me. I did cry. But I'm okay now." Sooyoung answered letting out another fake smile.

"No you're not. I know you're not okay Sooyoungie" Tiffany then pulled the latter and enveloped her into an embrace "And I know it because that day that you are trying to forget........ is exactly today."

Sooyoung flinched, hearing the last statement come out of Tiffany's mouth. Tiffany then proceeded to pat and rub her back, soothing her from the pain she is experiencing right now.

"You know Sooyoungie, I really do admire how strong you are. Even if many years had already passed, you're still here, continuing to endure all the pain and sufferings by yourself" Tiffany gave an encouraging smile to Sooyoung.

 "I don't even have an idea where you get that kind of strength Sooyoungie." Tiffany said softly as she tightened her embrace around Sooyoung. In hope of being able to comfort the tall girl and make her feel that someone is always there for her. Through thick and through thin.

Sooyoung laughed bitterly "You'll never know how strong you really are, unless the time comes when you have no choice but to be strong."

They stayed in that position for almost 20 minutes not daring to speak anything when Tiffany slowly pulled out from their long hug.

"Ughh! I better get going. I still have a lot of work to do, not like you Sooyoungie" Tiffany groaned when she remembered that she has a hectic schedule for today.

Sooyoung stared at her with confusion "Miyoung-ah, what do you mean when you said I don't have a lot of things to do? Yah! I work too you know." Sooyoung stated but the brunette girl just ignored her. She grabbed her things, pecked Sooyoung's cheek and went outside the office but then the door opened once again. Tiffany's head bobbed from the door and took a peek inside.

"Have a safe trip Sooyoungie. I'm gonna miss you" Tiffany squealed in happiness and blew a flying kiss to Sooyoung before winking and closing the door.

Tiffany just left a dumbfounded Sooyoung, staring at the door blankly but slowly, Sooyoung got what she meant. She remembered that she's going back to Korea today after 7 long years of staying here in America. Sooyoung knows that there will be a big chance of meeting "him" again, since he is also friends with her 2 bestfriends back in Korea. Not that it's a bad thing; she just hopes that everything will be alright.

Sooyoung leaned back and rested her head on the leather chair. She closes her eyes and whispered to the thin air. Saranghae. Kyuhyun-ah"

~Skip to the travelling part~