Chapter 66

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 66

 

A couple of weeks had passed by since Sarah’s news about Doo Jun. Things with him have been very calm; so far what she said about him needing something to fill his resume seemed to be true. Despite eventually knowing about the news Youngjae tried his best to keep a straight face about it.

You wanted so much to expose everyone that was working against everything you aimed for, but without proper evidence that wasn’t going to be possible. Instead of worrying about such stressing details, you decided to put your entire mind into the rehearsals. When the time came, you believed that justice was going to be brought.

 

Despite not having to do anything with you, there was something you needed to talk about that concerned Sarah. Since Yongguk’s confession, Sarah hasn’t talked to him, and that made you feel uneasy, especially seeing how every now and then she would thoughtlessly mention him. She felt really sorry for not responding to his confession that day.

“So you haven’t talked to him yet?”

She fiddled her fingers just at the mere mention of his name.

“No…” –She then turned your way defensively. –“But it’s not because I don’t want to, it’s because I can’t.”

You crossed your arms, and raised your eyebrow. “You can’t?”

“Yes, how can I even talk to him if I messed things up that day. I can’t face him again like nothing happened.”

Sighing, you gave a little more thought to her words, the confession was her main worry, but there was no need for her to rush into that if she didn’t feel ready yet.

“What about this?” –You said getting her full attention. –“Instead on focusing on the confession, why don’t you just approach him again as a friend.”

“I don’t know… What if after that day he doesn’t want to see me again? He hasn’t called me either.” –She reasoned.

“You don’t know that Sarah, from what I see, Yongguk’s a very sensitive guy when it comes to other people. I’m sure he doesn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable. Plus, you told me he’s very busy lately.”

Sarah’s feet ticked as she thought about your words, then you asked her: “Do you want to see him again?”

Apologetically, she nodded. “But I can’t ask him to come…”

“Why can’t you?”

“____-ah. I can’t. I just can’t.” –Even if after Yongguk you were seeing this side of Sarah for the first time, it was really strange, yet somehow cute how fragile she looked.

“How about I call him?”

“And how do you intend to do that? I thought you didn’t have his number.”

“Don’t worry, I have my ways…” –You smirked.

 

 

 

I can’t believe I’m doing this…

With your phone on hand and the card on the other, you contemplated the idea repeatedly.

This is for Sarah…

You dialed the number in the card and waited.

The phone rang and the more it did the more you wanted to hang up.

“Hello?” –Hearing his voice again made you almost regret doing this.

“H-himchan?” –You didn’t mean to stutter, big mistake, but there was no way back now. –“It’s me ___. Sarah’s friend.”

You could’ve sworn you felt him smile over the phone especially by the tone of his voice.

“Hey beautiful! I knew you’d eventually call, finally want to have that date?”

Taking a deep breath, you just pressed your finger on your temple and remained calm.

“Actually, can you pass the phone to Yongguk? If he’s there?”

“Darling, I don’t think he likes you that way…”

Before he continued with his irrelevant comment you interrupted.

“I know, just pass the stupid phone!”

“Woah, okay no need to get sassy.” –He said and called Yongguk.

“Hello?” –At last the person you were aiming for.

“Hi Yongguk, it’s me ___.”

For a second he was silent, and then he said. “Hi, what’s up?”

“I was just wondering, when is the next time you’re coming to Seoul?”

 

--

It was almost the end of the semester, as fast as that sounds. But for Sarah it felt like an eternity. You told Yongguk you just wanted a couple of friends to come over and hang out, and since you didn’t go into details, after begging he said yes.

You’ve seen Sarah be nervous about something’s before, but never like this. Before arriving she kept asking you what she would say or do when he got here. At least you tried to convince her to just be calm and be herself. But even so she insisted on staying behind before Yongguk arrived to the accorded place. The best place was the park near the hospital Sarah and Yongguk volunteered at. Now you were standing alone waiting for Youngjae who left for the restroom and the other boys that were yet to arrive.

 

 

“Hey there pretty!”

Himchan and Yongguk had finally arrived, but of course Himchan was the one to let himself be noticed. He put his arm around your shoulder and you smiled sneakily taking his arm off.

“I wouldn’t do tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter