Chapter 56

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 56

 

 “You aren’t sitting with Youngjae, why? After you got together you two have been inseparable. Did you fight?” –Sarah sat down at the lunch table, then leaned as if she was about to hear some juicy gossip.

You merely gave her a sympathy smile, as you played with your food. She quickly caught on to your bitter mood and decided not to continue her teasing.

“Sorry. But seriously, what’s the matter.” –This time she put your hand with the utensil down so you’d look at her.

This time, you sighed and glanced over at the other table where he was. He had his food on the table, but he wasn’t eating either.

“How do you make someone tell you what’s wrong with them, when they refuse to tell you?”

Sarah simply and firmly stated. “You don’t. If the person doesn’t feel like talking about it, then you give that person space and eventually they will. I learned by experience, and I wouldn’t want to make the same mistake.”

Not exactly what you were planning to hear, but, she was right.

“This has to do with Youngjae, right?”

You nodded. “He was acting really strange yesterday, and when I asked him what was wrong, he just changed the subject and said he was too tired to even tutor Zelo.”

Reality, it maybe wasn’t as bad as you made it to be, but truth was you were terrified of losing him. The dependence you created towards him was strong, and these kinds of things really scared you.

“___-ah. He’s like that because he lost a pendrive I trusted him.”

“Huh?” –She lost you.

Sarah casually started to eat as she explained herself.

“I lent him a Pendrive with some samples for the play, and he lost it. And now he’s afraid because he thinks I’m going to kill him or something like that.”

“And you’re calm because…” –It didn’t make sense she was just too relaxed over something like that. Reality check, if Youngjae lost something that important to Sarah, he’d be in a lot of trouble, and she would be really angry.

“Because he doesn’t know that I know that he lost it. And he also doesn’t know that I have backup files on another pendrive that no one but me has access to.” –Sarah chuckled, kind of evilly you thought. –“I just wanted to test him, and now he has lost points with me.”

“Sarah. Do you think is fun that my boyfriend is freaking out by something that could easily be solved if you said the truth?”

“Hey, on my defense he hasn’t said the truth to me. And I want him to man up and talk to me instead of acting like a scared little girl who keeps avoiding me.” –She said, and it was sort of true.

“Okay, but still, think of how he must feel right now. I bet he didn’t get any sleep last night trying to figure out where the thing is.”

“But still, he lost it.”

“But still, you have copies, is not like you lost the whole thing.”

“You know what ___-ah. I was in a really good mood, stop ruining it by talking about Youngjae. I’ll talk to him later and settle things out with him alright?” –She scoffed, and continued eating.

On the other hand you finally began to eat with a smile of satisfaction. Then again you spoke up.

“So… something good happen?”

Sarah smiled and a small sigh left her lips.

“I think I’m finally figuring things out, slowly.”

Those words really made your previous mood go away, her smile seemed genuine and that made you feel happy.

“I’m glad.”

“I talked things out with my dad. And it made me realize, not everything revolves around me ___-ah. For me, that opened a lot of possibilities that I want to achieve.”

You put your utensil down to give her all your undivided attention, she deserved it.

“I want to keep volunteering with the kids, I want to do something for those little ones who have it worst, and… I also want to know my father. And give him all those years I’ve wasted in a stupid one sided misunderstanding. I already lost my brother, and I could lose my father any time. I guess I was so self-absorbed I didn’t want to see what he was trying to do for my brother and I, and how much he suffered too.”

She was going through a major breakthrough, and she had a different spark in her eyes. Sarah seemed confident and truthful, sure of what she wanted. You listened to everything she had to say, and more than anything you hoped in your heart was happiness for her now and in her future that you couldn’t wait for her to see.

 

--

Given up. That summed Youngjae’s attitude. Almost 24 hours have passed since he lost the pendrive, and knowing he had to face Sarah’s wrath made him feel worse.

He found his desk absentmindedly and threw his backpack by the side. For the tenth time he opened his desk table to get his materials and there it was…

That object he came to hate, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter