Chapter 55

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 55

 

Exhausted from a long day, Sarah finally gave her last steps to get back home. Things hadn’t exactly gone her way throughout the day. She got late to class, her favorite food in the cafeteria ran out before she got there, recording became difficult… On top of all that Youngjae lost the Pendrive she trusted him so much with, and he wasn’t honest about it. At least I know this day can’t get any worse.

 

 

 

“Sarah!” –Sarah’s mom approached her, she seemed really concerned. Her eyes were puffy as she was crying.

“Mom. Are you okay? Did something happen?” –She ushered her mother to sit down.

“I don’t know… I-I mean… Your father…”

Sarah’s heart almost stopped at the mention of her father. Did something happen with him?

“T-the news, t-there was a shooting… where your father works, a-and I called his phone, and his o-ffice but he wouldn’t answer…”

“Calm down mom, I’m sure his fine.” –Or at least she tried to assure herself. She told her mother to calm down, but deep down she felt like dying. –“Let’s just wait a bit alright?”

Sarah raises the volume of the TV waiting for news to come out, they didn’t receive any calls yet but she tried her best to remain calm during this situation.

 

--

 

After giving her mother calming tea and escorting her to her bed, Sarah sat down defenseless on her sofa looking sadly at the news that were soon to be ending. There were no more updates on the incident, and also there were no phone calls.

A knock on her door made her heart suddenly stop; she stood up and took a breath before walking towards the door. She was more nervous than she’s ever been before. Again and again she told herself that everything was okay.

Her hand trembled and it seemed like it weighed a ton. But finally she opened it.

“Noona!” –Junhong beamed at Sarah who could only breathe again. Truth was she didn’t seem too excited to see him.

“Zelo. Good evening.” –Sarah greeted unenthusiastically.

“Did I come at a bad time?” –He hid the paper he so happily had brought.

“I’m sorry Zelo. I-is just I thought you were someone who’d bring me bad news.” –She said and left back to the sofa.

The boy was really confused. “Did something happen?”

He closed the door and sat next to her, Sarah was trying her hardest not to cry.

“W-well…” –She took a deep breath; she wasn’t one to spill herself to anyone. But he seemed really worried.

“My dad. He’s a congressman. A-and there was a shooting where he works. My mom’s worried sick, and I’m worried about her. I hadn’t seen her like this in a long time.”

He nodded to her short explanation, and still many questions wandered in his mind.

“And how do you feel?” –He asked making her bring her attention to him.

“What do you mean? I’m fine; I’m simply concerned about my mother.” –She stated. –“My dad and I aren’t even close.”

Junhong took notice of her fiddling fingers, and how now she couldn’t even look at his eyes. When she did, the boy only stared, then she confessed.

“Fine! I’m so worried I could vomit. Last time I talked to him I practically hung up on him! And then what does he do? He leaves me a guitar Zelo! I left him a voicemail, and he didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter