Chapter 51

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 51

 

Second Semester 11th Grade

The time came for yet another meeting with both the music and drama group. Everyone seemed to be paying attention to her words, except a very distracted fellow whose chin was resting soundly on his hand as small sighs left his lips as he dreamily gazed at her. Her words gracefully slipped her lips as she explained the latest instructions for the music group, and the boy who was in charge of writing them, being the quickest note taker of the group, found himself daydreaming instead.

Sarah being a girl with very sharp senses took notice on this and turned to him and glanced at the page, which was of course practically, blank, except the few words he had only wrote down.

She growled at the sight, and elbowed Youngjae on the arm making him lose his balance and his head almost hitting the desk. Before having an embarrassing moment, he managed to sit straight and glance startled at Sarah.

She whispered harshly: “Get your head off the clouds lover boy…”

Daehyun chuckled having witnessed everything from her side and high fived her. Before the scene could go on any further, the team leader was now silently watching everything with her arms crossed and judging eyes.

“Are you guys quite done yet?”

Sarah pressed her lips together and nodded, while Youngjae looked down to the notebook hiding his red cheeks.

“Alright, since you guys just stole the spotlight from me why don’t we just continue with your progress?” –The girl said now giving the attention to the four music group representatives.

Being the leader, Sarah stood up and faced the whole group.

“We’re doing some finishing touches on the instrumentals, but as for the lyric songs, we can proudly say that we’re almost done, once we end the songs we’ll request for another meeting to show everyone the results.”

Her best friend, very happy with the work she had done, smiled widely, especially knowing that she was indeed the best for the job.

“That’s good to hear! We will surely love everything you guys came up with. You may take a seat. Thanks Sarah.”

Sarah grinned and following her instruction went back to her seat, as the team leader turned to the drama class teacher.

“Mrs. Lee I was told we have someone new joining us today, would you mind giving the rest of the group the introduction?”

The teacher nodded once and stood up next to the girl, and gestured for the boy who was in the class’ last chair to tag along.

“As some of you may know, recently, there have been some changes on the music equipment of the school. The AV department was kind enough to lend us one of their best interns who will also take part of the music group.” –The teacher turned to the boy.

He was wearing thick black glasses and semi-formal clothing that consisted of a plaid shirt with black dress pants. Few of the drama class girls had already lost concentration as they spotted the new guy, and even more when he spoke.

“Hello everyone! My name is Lee Kikwang, and I’m happy to assist you!”

“If you need any help with the new music equipment, he’s the one to call!”

He nodded to the teacher’s statement and turned to the team leader with a smile.

“Thank you! I’m sure you’ll be a great help for all of us. Welcome to the team!”

Again, keeping his attention to the girl, and not escaping a certain one’s eye, the boy smiled and nodded accepting her kind welcome.

She let them know that they could take their respective seats and glanced at her watch.

“It seems like we’ve covered everything on the list. Now everyone, pay attention and write down the schedule for the week, since we’ll be having some follow up meetings, and this also includes you Kikwang-ssi.” –She turned this time specifically to Youngjae and added. –“Is everyone ready to write this down?”

Youngjae knew she was onto the small scene from earlier and looked down as he readied his pen. The girl chuckled softly to his reactions, and taking the paper in hand read the schedule before wrapping up the meeting.

 

--

 

You picked up the papers and other things, and a hand fell suddenly on your shoulder.

“I’m leaving!” –Sarah said really quickly as she had already given few steps towards the door. –“I’ll call you later!”

You waved back at her and when you went back to pick the rest of the things, an arm was wrapped around your waist, and looked up to find Youngjae’s face really close to yours.

“Ready?” –He asked with a grin.

“Almost… I need to take these to my locker first.”

“Let me!” –He released you to take the books from your grip and walk together.

Almost arriving to your locker, Youngjae let you have your things back.

“I’ll be back quick, wait for me here.”

You nodded and turned towards your locker and quickly opened it. The big binder, also known as your biggest project of the semester, was a must not forget so you took it and quickly closed the door. Right when you did, someone tapped on your shoulder, and a familiar new voice spoke up.

“Excuse me, ___-ssi?”

“Hey!” –You turned to find Kikwang.

He cleared and pushed his glasses up.

“Sorry to bother you… I know that you told everyone to pay attention about the schedule.” –He smiled sheepishly and looked away rat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter