Chapter 45

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 45

 

 

After their long walk home, Sarah and Zelo prepared themselves for their respective goodbyes. That was until Sarah spotted the familiar car she wasn't in the mood to see.

She stopped her tracks suddenly as she swallowed deeply looking for a way to avoid that despised meeting.

"Are you okay?" -Zelo had his eyes set on Sarah's that were focused on the shiny black car.

"I'm fine." -She smiled brightly at him shaking off the mood change that concerned the young one. -"Can I ask for a small favor?"

The boy furrowed his eyebrows, but then nodded. 

"Mind if I come to your house for a while?"

The boy before answering looked towards her home where the car was parked and quickly came to the conclusion, that whoever owned it, wasn't of her liking. Before asking any questions, he acceded to her strange request, and let her come in to the Moon's residence.

--

 

After making sure the coast was clear, she tip toed as she entered her home, almost as if she had committed a crime. But she hadn't, it was only her guilt weighing on her conscience. Although she was sure that there was no reason to be guilty, there was a part of her which bothered her and she couldn't put her finger on it.

"You've finally decided to arrive."

The girl was taken aback and she placed her hand on her frightened heart.

"Mom. You scared me."

The woman approached her slowly with her arms crossed. "May I know where you were that you didn't even call?"

Sarah sighed and pointed towards her neighbor's home. "I was at the Moon's house. I wasn't even that far."

She proceeded to walk towards the stairs until her mother spoke up again. "I know you were just avoiding seen your father again Zora."

Sarah swallowed deeply and turned to her who continued speaking. "Despite what happened years ago, you should know that he's really trying."

The girl rolled her eyes then set them on her mother, she knew well where the conversation was going. -"Mickey needed him then. He can't take back and fix what happened anymore."

"Sarah. He can't fix that, but he sure doesn't want to mess up things again with you. You’re the only daughter he has left and he really misses you, and he's been trying to show it. You're just not letting him."

The girl clenched her hand. "Gifts, presents... That's nothing to me mother. I needed him to take time, just like Mickey needed him to be by his side. It was always only us two who were beside him."

"He was doing it for him Zora!" -Her mother said sternly, Sarah's heart almost stopped. -"You have no idea how hard it all was for him to work knowing what his son was going through. But he only did it for him..."

Her tears were on the merge of falling and her daughter approached her and spoke softly. "It wasn't worth it... Do you know how painful it was for me when Mickey asked for him? He missed him..."

Sarah's mother nodded as her tears finally fell. "I know..."

"But what makes me really angry... Is that he tried to make up for everything by offering me the things he thought I wanted. He used his money to try and get to my side mother... He wanted to make up for what he never gave to Mickey with me." -Sarah was already accompanying her mother in tears.

Her mother raised her hand to dry her cheek. "Don’t misunderstand his intentions. He couldn't do anything anymore about your brother, but you weren't a lost case..."

Sarah furrowed her eyebrows; she couldn't quite get her mother's words.

"He knew about your love for music, so he wanted to help you dear, he wanted you to move on and be happy..."

"Help?" -Sarah chuckled bitterly. -"But that was never my dream... I never wanted to become famous through it. He didn't know what I wanted. He was always so busy; he just didn't take the chance to know what his daughter became. He left us mom..."

"And he's trying hard to change that." -She cupped Sarah's cheek. -"He wants to start over... And he's sacrificing his time to get back to us. He wants to make up for the lost time dear… I'm willing to give him a chance dear, but sadly I can't decide for you."

"I don't know if I can ever forgive him..."

Her mother sighed. "I can't make you... I just don't want you to act in a way you'll regret in the future. He may have made a mistake, but he's still your father, and you won't have him around forever..."

 

--

 

Sarah opened her door room, and closed it behind and leaned against it. She took a deep breath and concealed it, then let it out along with her stress. It had been a day filled with many emotions, and most of them weren't positive at all.

In the darkness of her room, she sled her hand across the wall until she found the light switch. Her eyes after adjusting to the sudden light fell on an object that lied on her bed. She was sure she hadn't left her guitar case on top of it. The girl put her backpack aside and walked towards her bed and sat next to the object.

Before moving it she noticed a small envelope pinched in the small opening of the case. She took it and carefully read the neatly written words. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter