Chapter 38

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For me this is a really long and special chapter. (: I hope you guys like it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

The songs in the chapter are optional. I just really thought they fit with the content, especially with the lyrics.

Enjoy! ^^

*Updates then hides* lol Kbye~

 

 

 

Chapter 38

 

(Lifehouse- falling in)

Although he didn’t phrase it as a date, to her if felt like it. As Youngjae explained, he was planning to visit his parents, but since she was coming along, he’d take the chance to take her sightseeing in order to relieve her stress.

After Youngjae asked her out he questioned himself where that straight forwardness did had come from. Most definitely some of Daehyun’s influence was rubbing off on him, but lately he didn’t think of it as a bad thing. If it weren’t for Daehyun he would still have backed out from the girl he liked, and spent his days wondering how it could’ve been. Of course he wasn’t counting with her knowledge, considering that she was steps ahead of him, technically eight years ahead. But nonetheless, Daehyun’s input had a lot to do with the progress in their relationship.

After finally convincing her parents that it was alright, and that it was completely safe for her to go with Youngjae, and explaining thoroughly the plans, her parents acceded. It sure helped that her parents had already met him in person; if it weren’t for that they probably wouldn’t have accepted. Youngjae had let a good impression on them, and since they also trusted her daughter it wasn’t as hard as she thought. But as every good parent they gave their usual warnings before letting her off.

As for her, she was glad that Youngjae had finally stepped up his game. His change of attitude really let her believe that he was finally building up the confidence he needed to let her confirm, yet again, his feelings towards her. 

 

They agreed to meet on the bus stop little before noon. The butterflies in her stomach wouldn’t fly away as she waited. Just like the perfectionist she was, she checked that she had everything she needed for the long trip.

Youngjae saw her just as he was making his way to the bus stop. He stopped a minute to take a breath and contain his excitement. His heart was beating as if he had ran a marathon and there was no way he could control it.

She was intently checking inside her bag, and then looked up and instantly made eye contact with him. Unlike him she didn’t hide her excitement; she waved her hands to him and smiled widely.

In order to not make her, or himself, wait any longer he finally walked towards her.

 

--

 

“Do you want to eat somewhere before the trip? It’s going to take a while to get there.” –He looked at his watch.

You nodded happily. “I do! There’s actually somewhere I’ve been wanting to go for a while…” –You knew exactly the place you wanted to visit, it seemed like a very important part of Youngjae’s future, so there was no way you could skip it. And today it felt like the perfect day to reenact it.

He smiled at your eagerness. “Where is it?”

Grinning you just started to walk backwards. “You’ll see when we get there… Follow me…” –Then you turned around and walked faster, forcing him to catch up, but gladly he did.

Arriving to the place after taking one bus and walking a few blocks, just like you had researched on and remembered from the first time, you got to the sushi place you were excitedly waiting for. But Youngjae’s face wasn’t pleased at all.

“Is this it?” –He said with a hint of disgust.

Your smile fell when you saw his reaction.

“You don’t like sushi?” –You innocently asked.

“Not really…” –He rubbed the back of his neck.

That's strange... Despite his reaction you didn't let that get in the way, so you asked. “But have you tried it before?”

“No… I haven't." -He was still eyeing the place with repulsion.

You cut him off and grabbed him by the wrist. “Well come on… Give it a try… I’ve been really looking forward to coming here.”

He looked down at your hand on his wrist, and not wanting to disappoint you he nodded. Gladly you pulled him in the restaurant. His face wasn’t pleased, especially because of the smell, but he was making the effort so you wouldn’t be saddened.

“Y-you order…” –He stuttered as he eyed the chefs whom skillfully chopped the ingredients, and you chuckled, he seemed terrified.

“Of course, I know exactly what I want already; I’ll take care of it.”

Youngjae felt unconfident on how this small lunch would work out, maybe he could just tell you to order by yourself and that he’d eat something else on the way. But as far as he could see your intentions didn’t include for you to eat alone, and he wanted more than anything to spend his lunch together with you.

You ordered and he paid just like he had offered to long ago, and walked to one of the booths.

The plates were placed before you, and Youngjae could only look at them thinking of a possible way out of this. You on the other hand looked at his expression carefully and spoke up.

“It doesn’t really taste as bad as it looks…” –You put some on his plate, and some on yours.

He wasn’t allergic to it, or else this little episode of your life would have never happened. So that couldn’t be a reason on why he was refusing to eat.

“I-I don’t know…” –Again he rubbed the back of his neck and looked away.

“Come on… Just a little bite.” –You insisted.

After minutes of not budging, you decided to use a tactic you learned from a certain person, who just so happened to be the person sitting before you. Remembering his exact words, perhaps someone, or by someone he meant you, had tried it on him. Getting the courage, you took the chance that he was off guard and put your plan to action. You took the sushi from your plate with one hand, and with the other you tickled the side of his body, finding quickly his weak spot, and your suspicions were now confirmed. He let out a laugh, and with that you shoved the piece of food inside.

Now that he had realized what you had done, he sat on his side with his eyes wide looking at you who were expecting his reaction and holding your laughter. As Old-Jae had said, Revenge sure is sweet… We're even now.

His previous expression of disgust was traded now with a delighted one as he munched on the food you had given him.

“Isn’t it good…?” –You asked in expectation.

He kept biting and nodded at the same time, and now it was your queue. When you made sure that he wasn’t angry, you started to laugh at what used to be his distress.

“Yes it's delicious, but I still can’t believe you did that!” –He snapped, but not in an angry way. His lips were curved upwards as he now took another piece of the sushi.

“If I hadn’t done that, you would have never tasted it. I told you it was really good!” –You chuckled now as your laugh died down. –“You’ll thank me for expanding your culinary taste.”

He also chuckled by the chosen vocabulary and started to eat more. In the mean time you started a nice conversation. Youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter