Chapter 37

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taking a small break from reality. lol

Here's a small update~!

I hope you enjoy till the end ;)

 

Chapter 37

 

It was already the last day of the week, and despite it being the weekend ahead, Youngjae was completely down. His head was buried in his arms in the desk of a study room. Sunhwa nudged Daehyun who was wearing his headphones and immersed in the music, instead of studying like everyone was supposed to. He pulled them off and looked at Sunhwa.

“What’s wrong with him?” –She asked eyeing the defeated boy on the desk.

Daehyun looked at Youngjae who had been quiet the whole day, unlikely behavior indeed. But Daehyun had an idea.

“I think he feels lonely.” –He chuckled jokingly at his bestfriend, not taking it seriously at all.

Sunhwa furrowed her eyebrows at him and shook her head in disappointment.

“I can’t believe you make fun of your own friend. You're so mean!” –She scoffed.

Daehyun put his hands up defensively. “Hey calm down dear… We always kid like that, but if it’ll make you feel better I’ll talk to him.”

She averted her sight to her notebook and Daehyun turned to Youngjae. He started to poke him softly.

“Jae…” –There was no response, so he poked with a little force. –“Jae…”

Youngjae’s body moved a little but he didn’t get up like Daehyun expected and he started to feel concerned.

“Youngjae…” –He shook him by the shoulder.

“What!?” –The other boy now spoke in a not so friendly manner and got up slowly.

“You scared me for a moment there.” –Daehyun responded with his hand on his chest.

“What do you want…?” –Youngjae said obviously not being in a good mood. He had obviously heard him, but he wasn't really feeling like talking, which is why he had chosen to ignore him at first.

“You’ve been awfully quiet lately… What’s the matter?” –Daehyun finally spoke with concern, this time leaving all jokes aside.

Youngjae sighed and leaned back on his seat and shrugged. “I don’t know…”

Daehyun pursed his lips and leaned forward. “Is this about ____-ah?”

The other boy eyed him, and Daehyun smirked.

“It’s about her… I can tell.”

Youngjae refused to answer and turned his eyes to the classroom door, Daehyun knowing that wasn’t the right place to talk about the matter pulled his friend outside where there was no one.

“I thought you two were getting along well. What happened?”

Youngjae sighed again in annoyance and rubbed the back of his neck.

“I don’t even know anymore if we’re fine or not…

Daehyun looked thoughtfully to the side then turned to him again. “I thought you two were tutoring that middle school boy together, don’t you talk then?”

“Yes! And that’s it! This boy…” –He said boy in a despicable manner. –“Keeps getting between us… She treats him nicely, and yet he acts like a brat towards me behind her back…” –He spoke and crossed his arms leaning to the wall.

Daehyun chuckled. “You’re jealous of a middle school boy… I never thought I’d see the day.”

Youngjae narrowed his eyes at his insensible friend.

“Is no joke Daehyun. The boy kissed her cheek in front of me, and he compliments her every time he has the chance… I don’t know if he really likes her, or if he’s doing that just to annoy me.”

“And you’re going to let a little boy control you like that?” –Daehyun started. –“You haven’t gotten all this way to let him get in between.”

“What else am I supposed to do Daehyun? I walk her to school, I gift her flowers whenever I have the chance, I try to be a gentleman for her, and I’m always there when she needs me. Then this boy comes along skipping steps and ‘flirting’ with her and she doesn’t say anything and just accepts it happily!! If I would’ve done that to her she would’ve just pushed me away harshly or slapped me and you know it!” –Youngjae pinched the bridge of his nose and huffed before continuing spilling everything that had been building up since Zelo’s arrival. –“I’ve changed for her, I’ve been subtle about my feelings and it just… hasn’t worked! Nothing has worked!”

Daehyun rolled his eyes at how clueless he could be, although Youngjae was smart in school, he lacked when it came to relationship issues. He narrowed his eyes before giving him this eye opening advice. This time nothing could save him from one of Daehyun’s pep talks.

“Stop throwing hints and go for it… If you ask me, you’ve been too subtle for too long.”

“Huh…?” –Youngjae’s tilted his head.

“You’ve already reached her as a friend, everyone can notice that. Stop throwing hints and just say what you feel Jae. You’ve waited too much, you’ve done too much these long months to let someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter