Chapter 35

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another long chapter~ :)

Hope you guys like it! ^^

  Chapter 35

 

One normal afternoon of tutoring was passing by as you tried to teach Zelo. He wasn’t really paying attention, like usual, until you tapped on his notebook, and he was with you for a couple of minutes until you lost him yet again. He had already eaten, so he didn’t really have an excuse to not pay attention and be so distracted. But you tried your best not to lose your patience.

Youngjae was right behind you waiting patiently for the moment the kid had to leave. Is not that Youngjae didn’t like to teach, but Zelo’s attitude exclusively towards him was taking a toll on him, to his perspective although Yeon Ae was a difficult task at first, after the communication obstacle was surpassed the rest was easy. All contraire to Zelo.

You all heard someone knock the door, and remembering that you three were the only ones in the house until later on you looked back at Youngjae.

“Jae can you please check who's knocking the door?”

He pressed his hand on his chest and you nodded. The boy had heard right, but he didn’t want to leave you two alone in the room. Zelo turned to him with a smug smile and you turned to the younger fellow, whom immediately changed attitude. Youngjae knowing he had no choice but to check who was knocking so persistently, he sighed and got up from his seat towards the door and closed it right after giving the pair a narrowed eyed look.

The knocking became more impatient and Youngjae hurried towards the window. He looked out through the glass and spotted Sarah looking at the door. He sighed deeply again hoping that the girl didn’t give him a hard time, especially now that he wasn’t in the mood to joke around. Without any minute more to spare he opened the door.

“Oh tutoring is not done yet…” –She said her smile falling right off her face.

“Good to see you too Sarah…” –Youngjae answered with all sarcasm intended.

Sarah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “I saw you a couple of hours ago already, it’s not like I need to greet you every time I see your face.” –She narrowed her eyes at him and he bit his bottom lip frustrated by her unmannered behavior. Sometimes he wondered how you could be so close to the girl Sarah sometimes showed to be. –“May I come in?”

Sarah added interrupting his thoughts. He did not speak, he just gestured for her to come in.

“___-ah’s in the study room.”

“I don’t think it takes a genius to figure that one out…” –She instantly spat without hesitation.

Youngjae shook his head and held back any other word she could just verbally attack back. She opened the door right ahead of him and you and Zelo turned around. Zelo tilted his head when he saw the young girl at the door.

“Noona?” –He turned his seat around completely to face her.

Both you and Youngjae looked at each other baffled. Up until the moment you hadn’t mentioned her anything about Zelo, being the boy you both tutored, and it seemed like they already knew each other. Sarah’s face brightened up when she recognized the boy.

“Zelo! I didn’t know ___-ah was tutoring you!” –She walked to him and ruffled his hair and he quickly fixed it with a shy smile.

“You two know each other?” –Youngjae asked finally.

Sarah turned to him giving him the most sarcastic glare she could spare.

“Isn’t it obvious?” –She retorted making Youngjae frown at her.

“You didn’t tell me you knew someone other than Jongup from our school.” –You added to the conversation hoping Sarah and Youngjae wouldn’t begin a fight by the way they were now glaring at each other.

“You never asked…” –The younger boy shrugged.

“So how is it going with the tutoring?” –Sarah turned to Zelo who gave her his whole attention.

Zelo looked doubtful as if he was thinking deeply what he would answer, knowing very well he wasn’t really doing his best so far, he seemed to have quite a friendship with Sarah so he seemed flustered. So you, who were technically the one in charge of his progress, responded on his behalf, so he wouldn’t feel bad about it.

“He’s just having extra help to keep his grades up. He wants to study in our school, so we’re just giving him an extra push. Isn’t that right Zelo?”

The boy looked intently into your eyes, and then nodded slowly agreeing to your words.

“I am really looking forward to have him on our school.” –You smiled sweetly at him whose bright eyes never left yours and still didn’t utter a word. –“He’s going to make noona proud, I’m sure of it!”

He was still looking directly at you with a faint grin playing on his lips; he for once was touched by your sincere words. Sarah woke him from his mind wandering off when she added to the conversation.

“Really? Then if it’s with ___-ah then you’ll get what you’re aiming for, for sure. You’re in good hands Zelo-ah.”

In his mind he couldn’t agree more with her.

 

--

 

The phone alarm rang, announcing the end of the tutoring lesson.

“Well Zelo, time’s up for today… We’ll continue where we left of next time.” –You turned to him and he happily got up.

“Are you heading home now?” –Sarah asked him and he nodded, Zelo wasn’t a boy of many words sometimes. –“Want to walk together? We live next to each other after all.”

“You are neighbors?” –Youngjae who had been absent almost in the whole conversation asked from behind her without even thinking.

Sarah again gave him another sarcastic glare; she was doing it on purpose to tick him off. “Do I have to repeat myself?”

Youngjae breathed deeply and walked towards his books and backpack.

“Sarah… Please, be nice.” –You said seriously to which she smiled your way and you shook your head in discontent, she mouthed an ‘I’m kidding…’ then proceeded to take something out from her bag.

“I brought you these papers from the meetings; I thought it’d be best to give them to you personally. Check them out, and then let me know what you think.” –She said casually as she put them on the desk. –“I have a bunch of stuff to do tonight, so we’ll talk later about it alright?”

You nodded to her request, thanked her and eyed briefly the papers, and then she turned to Zelo.

“Let’s go Zelo!” –Sarah started to walk out.

“I’ll be right out, wait for me outside.”

Sarah walked out without any other words, and Zelo walked towards you. Although he towered over you he kept his head down looking at his feet while rubbing the side of his neck.

“Noona…” –He said softly.

You tried to meet with his eyes. “What’s up?”

He finally turned his eyes to yours and said softly, almost as if he didn’t want anyone else to listen to the conversation.

“Did, did you really mean what you said to Sarah noona earlier?” –He cleared and you let him continue. –“I-uh mean.” –He looked away again with guilt written all over his expression. –“I know it hasn't been easy… I haven't made it easy..."

Zelo cut himself off and you smiled at him. At least he acknowledged that he had not been an easy task.

“Zelo.” –The mere mention of his name got the younger boy’s attention immediately. –“You have potential, and I can see it. The only thing you need now is a little bit of confidence in yourself, and your own effort, and I won’t give up on you. You have my word.”

By the end of your words Zelo was smiling widely, you were sure your words had at least a little bit of positive effect of him, or so you were hoping. Although he was usually nice to you, it was the first time you’ve seen this type of reaction on him.

“Thanks noona…” –He averted his eyes to the ground then looked back at you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter