Chapter 32

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 32

 

Slumped you walked down the stairs with your friend in mind. Her mood had changed drastically from the moment she started to talk to you and when she ended up locking herself in the bathroom. You decided it was best to let her cool down and not pressure any longer, or else she’d close herself even more. If she wanted to talk about it, she would eventually.

It surprised you not to hear any conversation going on in the living room, and that was even more so evident when you entered it, and found it empty. Furrowing your eyebrows you walked over to the kitchen and found your mother alone dealing with the dishes you had used previously to cook.

“Let me help you…” –You rushed to her and took the plate she was holding.

“Oh thank you dear, I could really use a hand.” –She spoke in relief and took another plate. –“Put that on the table. Your father and Youngjae will be here any minute.”

“Where are they anyways?”

Your mother grinned with a knowing smile and walked next to you and put another food filled plate on the table. “Your father took him to see all his working equipment on the garage…”

The garage, or in other words your father’s sanctuary, as far as you are concerned your father let no one enter that room. He would always pull you out of the room when as a curious child you ventured in the equipped room, you've only been there two brief times times after you grew up, since he considered you big enough to keep still, but you could barely breath in the room since he didn't want anyone to touch or even move a thing. So afraid he'd scold you for breaking or 'moving' anything, you just let his personal space be. It was surprising that he'd let someone outside your small family even get a peek of his work station.

You chuckled at her statement as if it was a joke. “Are you serious?”

She nodded happily. “I’m not kidding…  He really seems to like Youngjae a lot. If I were you I’d fear that your father would take him from you.”

You slapped playfully her arm and looked self-consciously at the entrance. "Mom… Please… He could appear any moment…”

Instead of taking you seriously she chuckled, she was amused because of this whole issue.

“There’s nothing to be ashamed dear…” –She gently took your chin and kissed your forehead and casually walked towards the rest of the dishes.

“I-I’m not ashamed… I-I just don’t want him to know yet…” –You crossed your arm and felt embarrassed that you actually stuttered.

She chuckled but felt a little sympathy on you. “Alright, I won’t do it again.”

“Thanks…” –You sighed in relief, and hoped that she’d keep her word as long as Youngjae was in the premises. One little mistake could give everything away, and that was a risk you weren’t willing to take.

“Dinner’s ready?” –Your father peeked through the entrance, his voice startling your distracted self.

“Everything’s on the table; wash your hands and take a seat. And darling, call Sarah down.” –Your mother instructed.

“She’ll be down later… She said not to wait up for her.”

She eyed you, but decided not to question why one of the guests wasn’t going to be on the table. Your expression turned into a troubled one, and someone that hadn’t taken his eyes from you from the moment he stepped in the room took a notice.

He joined you on the sink where you were washing your hands, and feeling a bit conscious, actually nervous, about the proximity you hopped very surreptitiously slightly away, but not that further away either that would make him feel like his presence was making you feel uncomfortable.

“Is Sarah okay?”

You met eyes with Youngjae, and nodded. He looked a little in disbelief, but decided to take your word for it.

“If there’s anything the matter, just tell me if I can do anything to help alright?”

You nodded as response, and he genuinely smiled. He dried his hands and walked away to the table. You sighed and glanced at the table where Youngjae joined your father and continued on a nice conversation together. Even when you were happy of what was happening, just as Youngjae could easily read, you were worried about your best friend upstairs. There was a mix of happiness and worry running in your veins. And even if Sarah didn't want anyone to worry about her, as her best friend, you couldn't help but to wonder if you could help her anyhow.

 

 

--

 

Knocking slightly on your room door after Youngjae left, you woke up your best friend who was snoozing on your bed holding on to your pillow. She had already changed to the clothes you had given her, and she seemed to be much calmer than earlier.

“Wake up sleepy head…” –You used a motherly tone with her, which made her chuckle.

“What’s up with that voice?” –She rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms out.

“What voice?”

Sitting down next to her you gave her the bowl of dinner.

“You sounded like you were waking up a baby…” –She giggled.

You put your arm around her and brought her to you careful enough not to spill the food.

“There’s nothing wrong with wanting to baby my friend up!” –You laughed as she tried to pull away from your clutches.

“Let me go! You’re going to spill all the food here, and I am not cleaning it up!” –She finally got loose and added sarcastically. –“Besides, you forgot my drink. Do you want me to choke up by eating this up dryly?”

Standing up you pointed at her with your index finger and put your hand on your waist like a nagging mother. “Be thankful I brought your food, if I didn’t care I’d let you starve to death young lady. Now eat up! Everyone worked hard on this! Even our other guest helped out so everyone could have a decent meal!”

She pretended to spit the food she had barely touched and put it aside.

“You mean Youngjae touched this?” –She pointed and looked at it with disgust, earning a well deserved scowl from you. “Do you want me to die!?”

Roll your eyes; that was the only thing you could do with her dramatic performance. Sometimes you wondered if you were really the aspiring actress from the two of you.

“Come on, stop being such a drama queen and eat it.” –You plumped yourself in the bed and made her bounce in place. –“He did a great job if you ask me.”

You pretended to be mad at her by looking away, and all you could hear was her laugh.

“I need a non influenced opinion on this one…” –She paused then added with full. –“Thish ish disssh-gussh-ting!”

You eyed her from the lying position you were, and she was happily eating her meal while she kept fake criticizing, saying how horrible it was.

“My mom actually made that one dish.” –You stated as a matter of fact.

She just scoffed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter