Chapter 30

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 30

 

 

After the meeting and the deal to help Zelo, you and Youngjae walked in silence out of the café. You knew why Youngjae suddenly became like this, he was really insecure about agreeing to help out someone who obviously didn’t want to be helped.

“Are you sure about this?” –Youngjae finally asked.

“Sure am!” –You said looking to him. –“You heard it from Jongup, Zelo’s not usually like that.”

“But what if he doesn’t accept? The kid looks stubborn.”

You stopped your tracks to face him. “It won’t hurt to try Youngjae…”

“I don’t know. He seems like a difficult kid. He didn’t even greet properly.” –Youngjae rubbed the back of his neck while frowning. 

You chuckled softly at his negative attitude, it seemed like Zelo was already getting to him so quick. It wasn’t that different even years before, and so you noticed.

“What about Yeon Ae?”

“What about her?  She was different, and she was never disrespectful to begin with.”

“She wasn’t… But she wasn’t easy to convince either. Or did you forget that she didn’t want to open up to anyone. Even she said she gave you a hard time at first.”  Youngjae sighed in defeat and you added. –“I saw the way you helped her. I am sure you can help the little boy this time too. I really want to do this… Let’s give it a shot.”

To be honest if it wasn’t for Yeon Ae, you wouldn’t have anything on your defense at the moment. He looked at you in silence, in a way now that made you feel a little nervous so you looked away. That was until you heard him release a long sigh.

“Alright.”

“Really?”

You put your hands together when he nodded and began to walk ahead with a wide smile. Youngjae chuckled softly and caught up to you and walked by your side, not forgetting to steal a glance of your smiling face.

 

“So where are you headed for?” –You asked Youngjae a little before reaching your home.

“Home. Just some blocks ahead.”

You hummed in response, and since your walk home together was soon coming to an end an idea came to your mind.

“Youngjae?”

You caught his attention again.

“Would you like to come home for dinner? We didn’t eat anything in the café, so you must be starving…”

You hoped it didn’t sound too desperate or blunt, but something in your mind kept telling you to go for it and not back down. It took him a little to process your request.

“Dinner? Now…? I-I mean won’t your parents mind?”

“No! Not at all!” –You exclaimed then lowered your tone. –“My mom always cooks a little bit more just in case we get any late time visitors, if not we share it with the neighbors. Even so, the meeting with Jongup didn’t last as long as I thought, so she might be getting started now." -You assured him and added. -"Plus, after last time my dad kept asking more about you, so I don’t think they’ll mind at all.”

He looked up and after hesitating a little he acceded.

 

--

 

“I’m back! And we got visitor!” –You said loudly once you closed the door.

“Really? Who’s here?” –Your mother voice came from the kitchen.

“It’s Youngjae, can he stay over for dinner?” –You peeked through the living room.

“Of course, make yourself at home.”

You smiled at Youngjae and gestured for him to sit on the couch of the living room.

“Thank you Mrs. Park.” –Youngjae said loud enough for her to hear.

It was heartwarming to have Youngjae in your home; everything felt almost as they were in what can be called your future.

You got a text from one of your acting class partners which caught you a little out off guard.

“Excuse me. I have to make a call. Tell mom I’ll be right down after this.” –You told Youngjae to which he nodded and watched you leave.

Youngjae’s attention went to the kitchen entrance when her mother’s voice sounded.

“Nice to see you again!”

“Nice to see you too…” –Youngjae greeted back. –“Is Mr. Park home?”

“He left to get some materials, but he should be back any time soon.”

Youngjae oh’ed as response.

“Where’s ___-ah? I need some help in the kitchen.”

Youngjae pointed up. “She went to make a call… She said she’d be down afterwards.”

She nodded with a grin and turned around to continue her work.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter