Chapter 26

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suprise Quick Update ~ :) Just cuz you guys are too sweet and I didn't want to keep you waiting.

Enjoy! ^-^

Chapter 26

 

The first day of school had finally arrived. It was a strange feeling that you were actually enjoying the scent of the walk early in the morning. But many exciting things awaited you this new year of school. The casting for the play were yet to be posted, and also the very stressful college application exams. But nonetheless all these things were exciting, since it was now your turn to feel and live those half done memories that still lingered in your mind.

You were in search of the new group lists which wasn’t hard to find since there were several people standing right in front of one of the walls in the hallway. Standing behind everyone you awaited until it was your turn. With your index finger you searched the names on the different groups, but your eyes automatically scanned the 10 grade names first, and a certain name caught your attention.

Jongup’s here…!

One of the four other boys was already there, which meant that things were slowly developing. With a smile and continued to search for your name until you found it. You took a mental note with the number of your classroom and turned around to leave.

To your surprise you bumped to someone unexpected.

“Hi…” –She waved and smiled nicely.

You were still taken aback by the tone she was now talking you, it always used to be arrogant and stuck up.

“Hello Sunhwa…” –You replied wondering if that would end the conversation, but it didn’t.

Instead she looked up at the list and kept talking.

“So I guess this year we won’t be on the same class, won’t we?”

You nodded and glanced at the list then back at her, she had an apologetic look in her face. A deep silence put a gap in the conversation, then she added.

“____-ah…” –She put her head down. –“I’ve been meaning to talk to you.”

You nodded and let her speak.

“I want to thank you for what you did for me.” –She began, and you tilted your head. –“That day at the audition, you helped me realize that maybe I was after the wrong thing all along. If it weren’t for you I may have never stepped out and found something else I love.”

“I really think you have a great voice. I’m just glad I could help!” –You replied.

She accepted your compliment with a smile, and yet another small silence came between.

“I… got an offer to get scouted with an entertainment company. And you’re to thank for that…”

You were astonished by the news and a smile drew itself on your lips.

“That’s great!” –Your smile grew bigger. –“I am really happy for you! Are you going to accept?”

She grinned and shook her head. “Maybe if I get a chance like that later I would think about it, but right now… I don’t need that. Daehyun and I got together not so long ago, and if I accepted the offer, it won’t be the same. Besides, I still need a lot to learn before I’m ready to leave all this.”

So it was just as Youngjae had said, everything so far was running smoothly. A great first day of school so far.

“I understand…”

“I also wanted to apologize; I think you deserve an apology and now would be the best time as ever.” –She added. –“I acted terribly upon you, and even when I should’ve stopped I didn’t. I just let my jealousy takeover me…”

“Jealousy?”

She bitted her bottom lip trying to hide an embarrassed smile. “I feel so dumb now… But it’s all in the past now, isn’t it?”

Your clueless face obviously indicated that you did not know where she was going, so she added to the explanation. “After I moved here… I felt jealous that after you and Daehyun met each other you’d talk all the time. I thought I would lose him to you. He was my childhood friend and I-I really liked him, and then you came along... So I-I just acted out of impulse...” –She sighed. –“Even after what you told me the last time, it was still hard to believe on me… I’m sorry…”

Everything made sense now. So what Youngjae had said was true… It was taking a toll on her telling you all this, and since things were clearer now there was no need for her to keep explaining about it since you were willing to leave it all behind. That’s exactly what I’m aiming for Sunhwa.

“Do you want to start over?” –You finished her thoughts.

She suddenly stood quiet with the sudden offer, but without hesitating nodded.

“I want to.” –She replied. –“I’m sorry I made you have a hard time…”

“Don’t give it a second thought. I rather have another friend than an enemy any day.”

She smiled and added.

“Daehyun was right. You’re not a bad person at all.”

You let out a small chuckle. “Thanks… You’re not bad yourself either.”

The bell rang interrupting your pleasant conversation.

“We’ll talk another time.” –You said trying to win over the bell that was still ringing. –“Have a good time on your new group. Fighting!”

“You too!” –She replied and walked the other way.

Things were falling to place very smoothly today, and it was just the first period still. It was a good feeling inside though, it felt just amazing.

 

--

As expected the first day was the busiest of it all, it was already almost midday and you had ran back and forth in between classes, errands and favors for some professors. It was very tiring, but you were now looking forward to the positions for the play. So nothing could ruin your mood.

Many students eagerly awaited near the announcement wall.

“Settle down everyone!” –Mrs. Lee stood near the wall with a paper in her hand. –“I shall place the list, but we need everyone to be civilized after I place it, alright?”

Everyone attempted to stay calm, but it was almost an impossible with the nerves. She glanced at the students, and when to her perception things were calm, she carefully opened the glass door and pinned the paper into place and closed the door.

“Come forward and congrats to everyone who made it!” –She said and then stepped out.

You waited for your turn behind the group of students who started to search, one by one, then in pairs, then the pairs became into more sticking their noses to see if they got the part they desired. Many high fived each other when they got the part, and other’s just left disappointed. That was the saddest part though; you wished everyone could get the parts they desired. The lin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter