Chapter 19

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 19

 

“I need some help opening those boxes Youngjae.” –Daehyun pointed at some of the tapped boxes near the set up seats for the talent show.

“I’ll get them.” –Youngjae quickly went to the boxes and put his hands inside his pockets.

He furrowed his eyebrows and began to get some things out his pocket. Daehyun brought another box and noticed his friend’s concern.

“Everything alright?” –He asked as he set up the box with the others.

“Yeah, is just that I had a small cutter that I could use and I can’t find it.” –Youngjae said as he tapped over his pockets.

“Maybe you left it in your cabin.” –Daehyun suggested. –“How does it look like anyway?”

“Maybe... I did put it in my bedside table last night; maybe I forgot to take it with me. It has my initials on it, the red one. You’ve seen it already.” –To what Daehyun remembered and nodded.

Youngjae thought back to what he had done, but since he was too worried about you earlier, he couldn’t remember clearly if he did take it. –“I’ll be back, I’ll see if I can find it there.”

 

--

He came back frustrated with his hands empty.

“Did you find it?” –Daehyun asked quickly.

“Not really… I even asked JunHyung if he saw anything but he didn’t…” –Youngjae heaved a sigh.

“Don’t worry about it now, you can search for it later. We already opened the boxes with another tool one of the teachers lent us. You need to concentrate for tonight’s show…” –Daehyun put his arm around Youngjae’s shoulder in support.

He couldn’t help but to smile at Daehyun’s supportive attitude and thinking about the performance he had planned out.

“I will!”

“Are you still going to sing that song to her?” –His friend cocked his eyebrow and grinned.

“I sure am… I just hope she’ll be here on time.” –Youngjae let out another sigh.

Daehyun squished his friend’s shoulder twice and gave him some last words to bring his mood up. “Don’t think about it much, even if we need to postpone your performance, I’ll make sure she’s here to see you sing to her.”

 

--

 

“W-who could’ve done this?” –You stuttered almost speechless.

Sarah let out a bitter chuckle as she traced carefully with her finger the dinosaur sticker that was barely hanging from the guitar.

“I have an idea of who could it be.” –Sarah responded coldly.

The music from the show could still be heard and it broke your heart since you knew she was supposed to perform.

“Are you still going to perform?” –You cautiously asked.

She turned around and stared at you with the confidence she had left. “____-ah. Isn’t that what he would want? He can try and harm me as much as he wants. But I’m not going to let him have the last laugh.” –She stood up and took the guitar with her. –“I’ll take care of this later. I am going to perform no matter what.”

She walked past you gripping hard on her vandalized instrument. You saw how she was doing her best to remain strong. Knowing how much meaning that instrument had to her and how much joy it brought to her even in her darkest days, and the memories that it brought to her, you wished you could do something for her. You only went forward 8 years, but no matter what, you couldn’t go back time to do something about this matter.

You sighed and walked behind her the whole way to the talent show. She was silent, but you let her be since you could tell she was thoughtful. As you got there you saw Doo Joon and Yoseob accompanied by three more boys on stage.

It was hard to believe that that person, who tried to take revenge in the future, had so much talent in his hands. Why did he even have to try and take what was yours away, when he could do so much on his own?

Doo Joon’s turn came, it sort of came clear when you saw him. If Yoseob was close to him it was obvious that they would be alike somehow. Your heart felt pressured just by seeing him, just remembering how much he hurt your best friend really made your heart ache. Though you couldn’t just say that he was the one who harmed Sarah’s guitar, you had many reasons to suspect him, just like you knew Sarah did.

You kept on following Sarah towards the back of the stage. Daehyun spotted you both walking towards him and Sunhwa and he smiled widely.

“You made it! I’m sorry I couldn’t go visit you earlier; they had us working nonstop around here. But are you feeling better now?” –He asked.

You nodded and glanced at Sunhwa who was standing right next to him. “I am. Thanks!”

Surreptitiously you looked around searching for a certain someone. You saw him standing alone his eyes scanning a paper sheet. Just by looking from afar you could tell he was nervous.

“Sunhwa may I borrow your boyfriend for a while?” –Sarah’s voice made you turn around.

“Why do you…” –Sunhwa was about to argue about her sudden request.

“Is just for one song. Daehyun, do you have anything else to do now?” –Sarah asked him.

He shook his head. “Not really, Sunhwa and I performed not so long ago.”

“How’s your beat boxing lately?” –She cocked her eyebrow.

He grinned seeing where she was going with her request. “Well, haven’t practiced in a while. But I could give it a try.”

“Are you sure they are going to let you perform Dae?” –Sunhwa questioned.

“Don’t worry about it Sunhwa, I’m on it.” –Sarah replied walking past them with the guitar.

“What happened?” –Daehyun asked when he took notice of the instrument.

“We still don’t know, but we’re going to deal with that later. I just want her to perform tonight.” –You sighed.

Daehyun and Sunhwa didn’t ask anything else about it, and he put his hand on your shoulder. “Are you going to watch the show from here? Or are you going to watch from the audience?”

“I think I’ll stay here until Sarah’s performance is all set up, just in case she needs me.” -You glanced at her who was talking to one of the teachers who already seemed concerned when she saw the broken instrument.

Daehyun cleared and he glanced at his best friend who was immersed in the paper. “Youngjae’s going to perform soon too.”

You turned to Daehyun and you p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter