Chapter 16

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 16

Summer break

 

 

You sat in the corner of your bed caressing softly with your thumb the edges of your camera that hung from your neck. After the day you had discussed with Sarah, she’s been treating you differently. Looking back reminiscing the Sarah that’s been your best friend for so long, and the Sarah you met with in your future, it only brought you to one conclusion. I’ve messed up…

Especially looking at the pictures you took together with her that hung from your dresser and the ones on the scrap book that you had started on the first year of High School was making you feel even worse.

That day you fought you never gave each other the chance to bring things up clearly, you were both focused in your own thoughts and neither of you reasoned like you always used to. Both Yeon Ae’s leave and Sarah’s attitude was bringing your mood down even more. Glancing at the clock on your bedside table you got up realizing you were already late, and you had spent the last thirty minutes drifting away in your thoughts.

 

You grabbed the suitcase and your big back pack that was already prepared and set in the corner next to your door and turned everything off. Practically dragging your heavy legs down the stairs you finally arrived to the side of the family room. It was sort of messy due to the construction of the new room had already begun. Your mother came to you when she heard you already opening the door.

“Hun, there’s breakfast already in the kitchen, don’t you want some?” –She asked worriedly glancing at your face.

“Ani. I’m not really hungry mom. I’ll grab something when we get there, so don’t you worry much.” –You answered and opened the door even more.

“____-ah… You seem glum; I thought you’d be excited for these vacations. Even Sarah will be there with you.”

You glanced out the door and shrugged.

“I don’t think she’ll even care I’m there…” –You sighed.

“Did you guys fight?” –She asked as she walked over to face you.

You just nodded. Your father came in to where you guys were catching your conversation halfway.

Your mother caressed your hair in an attempt to comfort you. “That’s terrible honey! You’ve never fought before, but knowing you and Sarah I’m sure you guys will make up soon…”

“I hope so too…”

“You and Sarah fought?” –Your father asked just understanding what was going on.

“Yes… But I’m late right now dad. And I really don’t want to talk about it.” –You said in a sigh.

He came over to you and embraced you tightly placing a kiss in your forehead as your mother went into the kitchen.

“When you are ready to talk to us, just call us, okay?” –You nodded. –“We’ll miss you baby girl. This house will be so empty without you…”

You chuckled to his words, he was your father and mother and even if you were mad at what was going on you couldn’t leave having them worrying about you. You embraced him tight. “Me too… I love you guys so much!”

“Sweetie… Even if you’re not going to eat anything now, please take this so you can eat it in the way.” –Your mother came from the kitchen with a small package and held it to you.

You looked at it, and though you weren’t feeling hungry, you were feeling touched that she always worried about you. Even if you felt lonely without Sarah, you sure weren’t alone. But still, missing your best friend was inevitable.

 

--

 

The bus that was going to take you there was already in sight, you ran when you saw that there was only a student left to get into the bus. Mrs. Lee who was assisting with the bags finally spotted you.

“_____! We thought you weren’t coming already!” –She said quickly grabbing your suitcase.

“I’m so sorry, I got delayed back home…” –You excused yourself.

She put in the suitcase in the trunk right on the side of the bus. “Just forget about it, you’re here now. Go inside and grab a seat we’ll be leaving soon.”

Following instructions you entered the bus. There were some students already seated, and some were placing their backpacks in a net over their seats. Glancing around you saw students from both the music and acting department. Your eyes fell on Sarah who also seemed to have spotted you, but she just moved her face back to the window as if she didn’t see you.

That’s the thing about Sarah, she’s not the kind to throw insults or do bad things to the person she’s angry at. She’s more of shooting daggers with her eyes or giving you the cold shoulder. Either way, is really hard to tell which of her ways hurts more. For you right now, it’s the hardest to have your best friend treating you as if she doesn’t know you.

With a sigh you decided to keep looking for another seat, since seating next to her could only mean having her ignoring you the whole ride. Luckily there was a seat that was already empty so you quickly walked to it; you placed carefully your back pack on the net but it was a little too heavy and it kept almost falling on you. You were thankful when an assisting hand came to your rescue.

“Thanks so much…” –You turned around and met with Youngjae’s cheeky grin.

“Is nothing.” –He said with a smile.

“If you need me to help you get it out, I’ll be right there on the back.” –He said pointing at where some other music students were.

Even Doo Joon and Yoseob were sitting nearby. Just great, they had to come along too…

You nodded to his offer. “Thanks.” –You softly said.

He stared at you for a second more as your sight was lost where he had already pointed, and then he just turned around to his seat. He sensed something was going on since that day you three had went to Yeon Ae’s, but he didn’t want to seem like a person who’d just barge in other people’s issues. But still he decided to keep a closer eye on you for the rest of the trip.

 

--

 

The surroundings were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter