Chapter 13

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 13

 

“Attention everyone! I have a very important announcement to make!” –Mrs. Choi the music teacher said loudly.

Everyone who was talking to each other turned straight to the teacher.

“That’s better.” –She said with a satisfied grin. –“Now… as you all know the preparations for the play of the last year have officially begun. Students from every department, including this one has to participate in order to receive credits, and not to mention the chance to someday get scouted.”

The students all murmured in excitement, which only meant many of their dreams to become true. It was a chance you only get in a lifetime.

“There are going to be some available positions of responsibilities, but we’ll make sure to use everyone, so no one gets left behind. But, there are three students whom we have chosen from this group that will get the chance to participate in the composing of the music that will be used in the play.”

Sarah ‘s lips instantly curved into a smile, if she gets chosen then that means that she could explode her talent to her desire.

“These three students have been chosen by the entire music department directive, and we based our decision in three main aspects. Talent, Dedication and Responsibility.” –Mrs. Choi paused to glance at the entire class.

She could read the anticipation in everyone’s faces.

“During this year, we have been evaluating everyone in these three aspects, and therefore, we trust that the decision we made should not be questioned by anyone.” –She put her hands together. –“However… This does not mean that once the student has been chosen, he or she will stay there no matter what.”

As expected everyone’s expression fell.

“In any violation to any rule, or lacking off… The student may lose their position and will be substituted by the next student in rank. Understood?”

The students nodded and some responded with words.

“Now, there are three students, and another one coming from the Acting Department. Some of you may know who I’m talking about, some not. But either way, after I list the three students I will be revealing who that person is.”

Mrs. Choi took the paper and began to read.

“The first student chosen… Yang Zora…”

Sarah winced a little when she heard the mention of her ‘real’ name, but smiled nonetheless because of what the announcement meant. She was bursting in happiness because of a chance like that. Of course, there were some unhappy faces among the group. But she was too into her own little internal celebration to mind.

“The next student is…”

 

 

--

A loud thud and the sudden shut of your locker door almost burst your heart out of your chest.

“How dare you!!!!” –Sarah’s said sternly.

She had a crumbled paper held against the locker door.

“What do you have against my locker door lately Sarah?” –You asked a little fearful when you took a better look of her face.

She completely ignored your question. “You planned this all didn’t you? You wanted me to give them all a chance, you planned this all so I have no choice but to be with them!” –She narrowed her eyes at you.

“Sarah? What are you talking about?” –You finally asked.

She sarcastically scoffed. “As if you have to ask _____-ah… You know exactly what I’m talking about.”

Sarah shoved the paper on your chest and crossed her arms. You analized the paper and internally chuckled at her fury.

“Is this what your unnecessary anger is all about?”

“Unnecessary? Un. Necessary….?” –She began. –“You know very well I can’t stand any of them for obvious reasons, HOW…? Do you expect me to work with them for the rest of high school?”

“Though I admit this wasn’t my decision… I am kind of happy that you are going to work with them.”

“I can’t get along with either of them… How do you expect this to work out _____-ah…?”

“It will Sarah!” –You saw the insecurity in her face. So you reassured her. –“Just try to ignore the bad qualities, and concentrate in the good ones… They weren’t chosen for this project without any reason. They know who they are working with Sarah.”

She sighed in defeat and stayed silent. You held the paper to her and she took it in an angry matter glaring at you.

“If they get in my way and in the way of my music writing… I won’t make any promises of my reaction ____-ah. If I have to kick one of them out, you know I’d do it.”

“I trust you, to do a good job with them and keeping them in track Sarah. I’m glad that from the four of them, they have you.” –You gave her that last sentence in an attempt to change her mood.

However, it didn’t change. She glanced over your shoulder and scoffed.

"Ugh, I'll talk to you later." -With that Sarah turned around and left.

You furrowed your eyebrows; she didn't even let you ask why she would leave all the sudden.

You were turning to your locker which she had unexpectedly closed, but someone tapped on your shoulder. As you turned around you realized the reason why she had left so suddenly.

"Hey!" -Youngjae sheepishly greeted.

You gave him your biggest smile and greeted him back.

“How are you feeling now? Feeling better?” –He asked.

You thought back to what had happened earlier that morning and you nodded smiling widely. “Yeah! I am feeling better now Youngjae, thanks for the concern.”

“Is nothing.” –He said then stopped, but his face indicated you he wasn’t quite done yet.

“Do you have anything else in mind?” –You cautiously asked.

He nodded and replied.

"Um actually, yes. There's something I've been meaning to ask you." -He looked over your shoulder in the direction Sarah had left.

"Ask away!" 

"Does Sarah?" -He stopped, most probably trying to phrase correctly the question in his mind. -"Have anything against me?"

What could you answer to him? Sarah was more than obvious about her hatred towards him.

"Well, honestly... She is sort of influenced by our..." 

He tilted his head as you moved your hands as you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter