Chapter 11

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Quick Update! :3

 

I was kind of stuck in this one, just because I'm a perfectionist, so I kept rewritiing. However, I hope that this chapter makes sense as a whole and with the story line. It's a very important one so stick around ^^

Enjoy! :D

 

Chapter 11

 

The day before

After the long afternoon the two girls spent together. Yeon Ae arrived exhausted to her house. She thought her parents would’ve arrived by then, but she found herself alone once again. She heaved a sigh and entered the empty kitchen, which was the same as she had left it in the morning. The couple of dishes on the sink and a note left by her mother that her breakfast was all ready.

Yeon Ae washed the couple of dishes that were on the sink as she thought about that girl who kept trying so hard to become her friend. What is she looking for…?

After finishing Yeon Ae went up to her room, she threw her bag on the bed making a couple of her things fall out, but at the moment she didn’t mind it. She walked directly to her desk.

Again her thoughts drifted away to the girl that kept trying to help her. She sure seemed like a girl that people look up to. After all Youngjae seemed to appreciate her a lot. And Youngjae wasn’t a person to let just anyone become close to him, so she must be trustworthy. But why couldn’t she bring herself to trust her? Yeon Ae was now more curious about the girl she had spent the afternoon with. There was only one person that could help her with her curiosity.

She glanced over at her desk, and her sight fell on a photo phrame she had over it. She took the photo frame that had a photo of a young married couple. Admiringly she looked closely at it with a faint smile on her face. I’ve missed you so much oppa…

She was once again reminded of that only person she trusted.

Why do I keep being reminded of you when I'm with him?
 

She glanced at her cell phone and she heaved a sigh. Grabbing it she unlocked it and looked at the contact name, her finger hovering on the button. After a long gather of determination she pushed the button and pressed the speaker on her ear.

“Hello” –His voice sounded smooth over the phone speaker.

“Youngjae- ah…” –She spoke softly afraid her voice would break.

“Did you arrive home safely? Did everything go well?” –He quickly asked.

She grinned at his small gesture of concern, and again she looked attentively at the photo. You both are really like each other aren’t you?

“Yeah… I’m home, everything went well.” –She responded.

“How were things with ____-ah? Did she treat you well? Did you have fun?” –He asked with anticipation.

Yeon Ae turned to her bed where the gift she received from her was, and sighed; Youngjae noticed the sudden silence that overcame her.

“Yeon Ae… Is everything really okay between the both of you?”

Without waiting a moment more she spoke…

“Youngjae. Before I tell you something really important, there's something I need to know. What kind of girl she is… Is she one I-I can trust?” –She asked out of the blue. –“I know I can trust your judgment.”

Youngjae chuckled slightly, either if it was Yeon Ae or anyone else; he was always prepared to talk about the girl he estimated so much.

“Do you really want to know what kind of girl she is? Do you think you have all the time?”

--

 

 

“I wasn’t like this a couple of years ago.” –She kept looking down to her hands.

You leaned forward and apologetically looked down on her.

“Did something happen? That is if you’re comfortable on telling me…” –You cautiously asked.

She shook her head and finally looked at you directly. This time she was determined to let you know.

“Is not really a big of a deal now that I think about it. I mean, it’s been years since it happened. Maybe this will help me move on once and for all.”

You nodded and gave her all your attention.

“My dad’s job has been pretty unstable throughout the years. So I’ve had to move constantly since a young age. It was pretty hard for me to make new friends, since I was always the new kid. That was until I moved to a different school in the beginning of middle school. There were a couple of girls that wanted to be my friend, and I was finally happy about it.”

You couldn’t quite get what exactly upset her, but you decided to not interrupt her.

“They used to say how dear I was to them, and they would often use me to do favors. But later on I found out that those favors were only reason they spent time with me, why they became

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter