Chapter 10

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 10

 

Today getting up was such a drag, my body felt all tensed up due to this whole week in general. I wouldn’t have imagined that my life would be so stressed at such young age. I had the whole play in my hands, with all the meetings and arrangements and the repositioning of Sunhwa on my shoulders. Plus, I had agreed to help with Yeon Ae, and at the moment that wasn’t going so well. Sure I got to gain a little bonding time with Youngjae, but I can’t help but to think if maybe there’s more to the whole living my past to create my future issue.

Am I doing things right? Is there another reason I lived what my future life was?

And that’s not all; I also have a friend who’s not so happy by the new company.

“Don’t think you’ve got away with our talk young lady!” –Sarah stepped in front of me.

“Well good day to you too…” –I sarcastically stated.

My mood today was really down, and I don’t need a lecture so early in the morning. I took out my book for the first period and Sarah suddenly closed the door.

“Is there something you’re not telling me?” –She questioned.

Great! What am I supposed to answer to that? I have suddenly fallen in love with the guy I hated the most because I learned that he wasn’t what I thought he was by meeting with his adult self in my 24 year old body? Of course not, that would only sound crazier than the day I asked her if she would believe me if I skipped years in my life and I lived what my future was. I sighed and looked deep in my mind for the best answer.

“Sarah… Can’t I try new things? Is that wrong that I make new friends?” –I tried to reason; she knows how much I love to make new friends.

She grinned and put her arm on my shoulder. “Of course you can! But sweetie, I’ve known you for too long to not think that there’s something going on, when you suddenly forgive Daehyun after he rejected you, also Sunhwa who was your bully ever since she moved here, and now you’re in good terms with… That guy… when just a month ago you couldn’t even stand and you would’ve given anything to deport him far away from Korea.” –She stepped in front of me and tapped her foot and snapped her finger. –“Now spit it…”

I sighed. “Sarah…” –I almost sounded like I whined.

“Say it!” –She sounded serious.

She’s always been stubborn when she feels like it, especially when she wants something or at least like now, to know something.

“I can’t tell you yet Sarah…” –I finally responded. –“You won’t understand…”

Her face instantly changed, it was now soft and understanding.

“Why won’t I understand? I am your best friend…”

Of course you are, but what if you won’t accept what I tell you?

 

A soft voice interrupted when I was about to respond.

“Um… Hello?”

Sarah turned around and I peeked to see who was speaking.

“Hey… Yeon Ae…” –I waved slightly.

She avoided eye contact with Sarah just like she had done with me the other day, but this time all her attention was on me.

“____... Can we… talk today after classes?” –She shyly asked.

She wanted to talk to me? That’s new. But I acceded.

“Sure… Today I finish at 3:30… Is that okay with you?”

“How about at 4:00 at the usual.” –She suggested.

“Fine with me… See you then?”

She nodded and with the same straight expression walked away.

Sarah who was still there looked back at me with obvious confusion.

“You know her?” –She quickly asked.

I sighed and walked past her to my class.

“Yes Sarah, I know her. I tutored her after class yesterday.”

She stayed a little behind me and she mumbled. “I thought Youngjae was tutoring her…”

Then she rushed behind me. “Ah! Is that why you were with him yesterday? Because of her?”

“Sort of…” –That wasn’t really the reason though.

“Be careful ____-ah… I bet he’s only doing this to get near you… Why would he need any help tutoring anyone if he’s one of the best students?” –She said as a matter of fact.

Of course she was going to question his intentions, but that wasn’t the truth, so I decided to tell her what truly happened.

I stopped and faced her with all the seriousness in the world, she needed to stop saying things about Youngjae and give him a chance.

“Sarah. He did not ask for my help. I offered to help him.”

She didn’t answer but her face told me she didn’t get a thing. “Why would you do that?”

“He came to me first and asked to start over, and apologize. I forgave him so I invited him to keep me company in the cafeteria, since a certain person didn’t arrive on time… And we started to talk as I ate, and from one thing to another he talked about Yeon Ae, so I offered to help him.” -I said, and in her face I could tell she was trying to process my response.

“That doesn’t answer anything ____-ah.” –She crossed her arms and cocked her eyebrow.

She was sixteen, what was I going to expect? Thank goodness I’m patient enough to deal with this.

“She’s really shy Sarah. Youngjae’s really concerned about her, and now that I spent some time with her I can see why. I want to help her open up, try to befriend her.” –You answered truthfully.

“Since when do you agree with him?” –She sarcastically stated. She wasn’t going to let this one go so easily.

“Sarah… He’s not really like what I thought… What can I say… Maybe I was wrong about him all along…”

Sarah sighed and rolled her eyes. “I know you must be thinking I’m judging and questioning things too much, but I’m only doing this because I really care for you. And I want you to be careful…” –She responded now in a calm tone. –“So please… Take care of yourself.”

I chuckled softly; her motherly self also came back now. “I do take care of myself… And I know you are like this because you love me…” –I playfully said while elbowing her, trying to lighten up the mood.

She scoffed and again rolled her eyes. “Shut up…”

Sarah walked past me to her classroom and I said loudly. “You love me!”

Before walking in she glared at me which only triggered my laughter. At that moment I was so distracted by Sarah that when I gave a step forward to continue my way I stumbled upon someone.

“I’m so sorry!” –I said as I bent to pick our books that fell.

“Don’t worry…” –The voice sounded a bit cheery for someone whose things just fell down.

But that voice was all too familiar, and it was the same voice that gave me chills every single time.

“How are you?” –He asked as we stood up.

I looked up at him trying not to stutter. “I’m fine, and you?”

“Never been better!” –He grinned widely.

“Have you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter