Chapter 9

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up in the worst mood possible. The bed was so soft and fluffy that it was impossible to sleep in. Call me ridiculous but I wanted my cheap bed from home. I was twisting and turning the entire night.

I sat up and groaned when I stretched my sore joints, my whole body felt stiff. I somehow managed to not roll out of bed onto the floor and head towards the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom. Closing the door behind me, I stood before the sink and looked at myself in the mirror.

Who exactly is that?

I took a closer look at the dark bags under my eyes and sighed at the realization that I must have aged ten years over night. This job under Bang will be the death of me. I don’t know which one will come first, death by stress or by bullets. I washed my face and decided my loose t-shirt and shorts was more than appropriate to leave the room in. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in the sole of my foot. I bite back the cry and look down. I wanted to hit myself for being so stupid.

I should have cleaned this up last night.

The shards from the lamp were still lying where I left them untouched.

I left the room for the doctor’s office but my attention was caught by some noises. I decided to it up and take it like a woman and limped towards the stairs. I heard some voices from the living room. It seemed shushed but I had a suspicion that it had to be an argument. I looked over the railing, everyone was there including Chin Ho.

What the hell? What is he doing there?

They were having a secret meeting without me and I was clearly not happy.

I took a deep breath and decided to just chill for a second and eavesdrop on the conversation. I couldn’t catch everything but I heard -

‘Why did you even do that?’

'They found out’

‘Make sure they know’

‘Tonight at the club’

I scrunched up my face. This is the same as not knowing anything. I had no idea what they were talking about. My foot was getting tired and without thinking I set it down. I whimpered at the stinging pain and everyone snapped their heads towards me.

“What are you up to now?” Him Chan immediately asks.

Of course he couldn’t ignore the chance. “Uh, I was trying to look for the mock doctor’s office.”

“It’s in the opposite direction, noona.” Jun Hong pointed to the right.

“Right…” At least I got out suspicion-free.

“You didn’t clean it up like I told you to.” Bang commented without bothering to look at me.

I would have been okay with the mocking but that damn smirk set me off. “Stop talking to me like I’m a kid!” I limped away towards the room.

After I cleaned up the cut and wrapped it, I head back out and down the stairs but halted.

I forgot that I had promised halmeoni I would go and visit her. I went straight back to my room, this time avoiding the bloody trap and changed into some jeans and a simple tee.

I head back out and down the stairs. I hope and pray to God that bossy Bang would at least let me go to the hospital. Everyone was still there and their faces were tensed. The TV was on but instead of watching it, it seemed like the TV was watching them. My hope came crashing down, I should have asked when Bang was in a good mood yesterday. But, he did say whatever I wanted except for leaving the damn place for good.

I sat down next to Bang and the boys look at me suspiciously. They’re probably surprised by my aura - I can be civil too. “Hey, yesterday you asked me what I wanted, right?” I nudged Bang and he turned to look at me. I saw the boys’ eyes widen and they sat there in shock. Should I have not nudged him? I placed my hands on my laps and further the space between us.

“You said you didn’t want anything.” He eyed me.

“Yeah, but now I came up with something, alright?”

“What do you want me to buy?” He sighed.

What is he talking about? “Huh? Nothing. I just need to go to the hospital.” He looked at me with eyes filled with confusion. Am I missing something?

“We have that room upstairs. Did you injure yourself that bad?” He looked at me like I was stupid.

Him Chan laughed from the side. “Why didn’t you just clean up the broken lamp?”

The rest of the boys looked at me with the same expression as Bang and Him Chan. Some sighed and some looked down and shook their heads.

“Noona, you’re so embarrassing.” Chin Ho couldn’t even look me in the eyes.

I pressed my lips together. Why does everyone assume that? I’m not stupid.

“Hey. I’m not going because I nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter