Chapter 8

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I carefully walked behind Him Chan as we made our way towards the stairwell. My heart doesn't let up one bit due to the unknown awaiting me, I wasn’t prepared to go through another whole shooting thing for a second time today.

And what did he mean about ‘how I behave’?

“Noona.”

I snapped my head up and looked over the railing at the sound of the voice. The hint of fear that was sparked in the bedroom grew tremendously when I heard Chin Ho.

“Chin Ho?” I was surprised but immediately scowled at Bang, finally knowing what game he was playing at.

Without any inhibition, I marched down the steps and went straight to Bang. Chin Ho immediately panicked and grabbed me before I could reach him.

“You bastard! You’re going to use my brother to keep me here!” I went to lunge at him but Chin Ho’s tight grip around my body wouldn’t allow me to. My anger increased ten folds. “You’re playing this dirty trick just so you can force me to listen to you?”

“Noona, stop.” Chin Ho said firmly.

“Let go of me right now!” I tried to remove his hands but was left unsuccessful.

“There’s no reason for you to go home. Chin Ho is here - “ Bang started to say before I cut him off.

“Are you okay in the head? I told you I wasn’t staying here because you continue to switch up the deal as you please!” How are my words so hard to understand?

“Chin Ho, take your sister upstairs. We’ll set up your room later.” Bang turned around, refusing to listen to me.

“Noona, let’s go.” Chin Ho half dragged and half picked me up to move me.

I scoffed and placed my attention on the brat beside me. “You can listen to him but you couldn’t listen to me?”

While pulling me along, he ignored me and diverted his focus elsewhere. “Which room is yours?”

I smacked him in the back of his head. “Hey! It’s not here! It’s back at our house!”

He dragged me to the next door and opened it. “This must be it.” He spoke to himself and he grabbed my hand to pull me in but I didn’t budge.

“Noona, you can be so stupid sometimes! Do you still not understand what situation you are in?” He let me go and stood to face me. I flinched at his sudden words and followed his hand that pointed in the direction we came from. “That man, do you know what he’s capable of?”

“Of course I do! That’s why we need to leave!” I yelled back at him. Why couldn’t anyone see what I was trying to do? How can I protect Chin Ho when we were with the very people that can hurt us?

Chin Ho closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Noona, it’s too late.”

“Why do you keep saying that! This is all because you got involved with them!” I didn’t want to point fingers but I was getting so angry at Chin Ho for giving up.

“And we’re in this situation now because I wanted to leave! What do you think they will do to us when we try to leave again?”

He wasn’t backing down. I would have expected him to listen by now.

“Do you really want to live here? With those murderers?” Was he so use to helping them with their dirty work that he couldn’t differentiate life with and without them? “Did you kill people?” I said it in a whisper like I was afraid the walls had ears. But in truth, I was scared of his answer.

He ran his hand through his hair. “I didn’t kill anyone.”

I stared at him not willing to breathe a sigh of relief just yet, was it true?

“Noona, really, I don’t kill people and they don’t either.” 

I just stared at him, I couldn’t comprehend what he was saying. I picked at my ears. “Did I hear correctly?”

He chuckled.

“But! But! Today they just s-shot someone!” Now I had to gather my thoughts to make sure I saw everything correct today. No, I’m sure they did, it wasn’t no toy gun.

“Did he die?” Chin Ho arched his brow at me.

I gaped at him. “Hey! You brat! Is this a joke to you?” But then I remember, I heard sirens and I was sure they were heading to that warehouse. “...What exactly is going on here?”

“Let’s just go in first and I’ll explain.” He moved out of the way and opened the bedroom door for me. I reluctantly walked in and he followed behind. He grabbed a remote control and I looked around. There isn’t a TV in the room. Surprisingly. Suddenly the end of the bed frame opened and something was coming up.

I spoke too soon.

“Are you serious? There is a TV screen inside the bed?”

Chin Ho ignored my disgusted statement and turned it on.

“You said you were going to explain. Why are you watching TV?” My patience was already at its limit.

“Would you just relax and watch the news?” I ignored his tone and focused on the screen.

“People of Seoul can sleep with some peace now that the police caught Kim Jae Ho, a man responsible for the many disappearances of girls…” The screen switched from an announcer in a newsroom to a video of a man in a wheel chair being pushed into a station by police officers. The station was swarming with news reporters trying to get a glimpse of the man.

My eyes widened upon recognition. “He’s the one.” I took a closer look and it was confi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter