Chapter 5

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There’s no way, I’m not staying here!” I ran towards the door. If I have to walk home I will.

Before I got there, Jong Up picked me up from behind and sat me down onto the couch. Bang stood in front, towering over me while I glared up at him.

“Give me back my car and let me go.”

“There’s no way you’re leaving, girl.” Him Chan chuckled. He was sitting across from me in a chair. Seeing him, I wanted to smack that smile off of his face. I was never going to get along with this guy.

Bang cleared his throat and crouched over so he was staring at me straight in the face. I leaned back away from it. “I’m starting to get tired of you defying me.” 

“I may be working as a nurse under you but, you can’t control me, Bang Yong Guk. You can’t tell me how to think and you definitely can’t hold me here against my will.” I clenched my jaw, I was not backing down. No one is in charge of me and I was not going to start listening to some guy who threw this crazy life onto me.

I begin to see his face twisting in anger but I continue nonetheless.

“The deal was; I will work for you. Not stay here.” I stared back at him, holding my ground. “Besides, I need to get home to Chin Ho." He should still be in school...at least, I hope so.

The rest of the boys didn’t move from their spots but just stared at us. Him Chan’s smile disappeared from his face also.

Bang straightened up and suddenly reached out, grabbing my wrist and pulling me up. He turns around and drags me up the stairs with him.

“What do you think you’re doing!” I tried to pry his hand off of my wrist but he had no intention of letting go. He threw me into a room and slammed the door shut, locking us both in.

My body flinched from the loud noise.

We just stood there looking at each other. Our anger noticeably showing on our faces. I don’t care if he’s having a prissy fit because I won’t listen to him and I’m not about to let him walk all over me. “I did my job and follow through with my part of the deal. Now, let me go.” I demanded him.

“This is part of the deal. You will stay here and do your job. You will not leave until I tell you that you can do so.”

I stood there, stunned. What the hell is wrong with him? I shook my head, “No, no, I need to live at my house. Chin Ho can’t take care of himself.”

“Then, we can just bring him here.” He said matter-of-factly.

“You are crazy if you think I will allow you guys in his life again.” I snapped at him. He took a step closer and I step back in response. This continued until my back hit the wall.

He closed in on me and placed his right hand beside my head and leaned in. “I am getting impatient with your tone. Do I need to remind you who is in charge?” He gave me a threatening look.

I gulp but made sure to stare back. I can’t show him that I’m intimidated. His whole aura has changed and all I can feel was how dangerous he was. I knew that if he did anything to me, none of those boys would do anything to stop it.

“Should I?” He asked and I presumed it was a rhetorical question when his free hand grabbed the front of my shirt. He pulled me forward effortlessly and slammed me back against the wall hard. I bit down on my lip so I wouldn’t yell because of the pain. “This a warning, don’t challenge me again.” He said through his clenched teeth.

I didn’t respond and he left me standing there against the wall and walked out the door, not forgetting to slam the door shut behind him. I had no energy left after the confrontation and fell to my knees. I touched my chest and felt my heart beating fast. This is what Jun Hong warned me about.

After calming down, I looked around and saw a bedroom; it was decorated with paintings on the walls and contained a huge bed, enough to fit 5 people with plenty of room left over. On both sides were tables that held up lamps. There was even a chandelier hanging from the ceiling, Like, are you kidding me? I don’t have money to hang it in my own dining room but there was one hangi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter