Chapter 35

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood leaning against the Honda Pilot with the others. I looked down at my wrist watch and we were right on time. We are just waiting for the gate to open now.

“I can’t believe it already has been six months.” Him Chan breathed out next to me. Time has been passing by really quick, maybe not for him anyway. I had been kept busy, since there was no need for a personal nurse, I had returned to my old job. My boss happily welcomed me back and Halmeoni was so ecstatic to know that she didn’t have to fear for her life anymore.

For Bang, he didn’t want me to go back. But he couldn’t stop me, physically anyway and I wasn’t planning to listen. Let’s be realistic here. Soon, I looked up when I heard the creaking of the metal gates ready to be opened. I pushed myself up from the car and looked over to see a figure walking out. I couldn’t help but break into the widest grin I could muster.

“Your face is about to split.” There was no way I was going to let Daehyun’s teasing get to me. I turned to look at him. “I’ll split your face if you don’t zip those lips.”

He stared at me in horror. “Why did you say that with a smile?” Because I know how it scares you Daehyun. I’ve gotten better with dealing with you. But, I wouldn’t tell him that, instead, I ignored him and walked forward.

“He says you’re no fun anymore.” Jong Up called out and I chuckled. They should really be careful saying things around Jong Up. He was the kid that you wouldn’t want to tell secrets to because the next day, instead of only two people knowing, the whole world knew now.

“Welcome back.” I smiled as Bang came into view. He had that familiar smirk on and rushed over to me. Instead of pulling me into a hug, he pulled my face towards him so he could kiss me. But, come on, it wasn’t going to be so easy.

I placed my hand in between our lips. “Nuh uh.” Time did not settle my feelings about what went down six months ago. He pulled away. “You’ve got to be kidding.” He looked at me in utter disbelief. “This can’t be about the thing that happened six months ago.”

I gave him a smile. “How right you are.” I turned around and went to the Honda Pilot. “But, I rather discuss it at home.”

***

“This isn’t home.” Bang pointed out as we walked through the hospital hallways. “Well, it might as well be for me, this is where I am most of the day.” I chuckled.

I hear groaning coming from behind me. “This is why I didn’t want you working.” I told the boys to drop Bang and I off and told them to head home. There was one person that Bang needed to be introduced to and honestly, I wasn’t ready for it. I could already imagine the reaction.

I opened the door slowly and peeked my head in. “Halmeoni?” She looked up and I opened the door wider to walk in. “I have someone here that you might want to meet.” I grabbed Bang’s hand and pulled him in.

Her expression was priceless. “That’s Bang Industries’ Bang Yong Guk.” She pointed at him and I nodded. “Yup. That’s him.” I tugged him over and finally getting the hint, “Nice to meet you Halmeoni.” He bowed and gave her a soft smile.

She immediately pulls me over. “Can you please explain to me why he is here with you holding his hand?”

I opened my mouth to speak but someone else beat me to it. “We’re together.” She gasped and this was the reaction I knew was coming. She smacked my shoulder. “You have been hiding this from me?! So this was ‘Yoo Yong Guk’ huh?!” She yelled and I touched the spot she hit and gaped at her. “For how long?!”

“About a year.” Bang answered for me again and I glared at him. He was enjoying it now.

The hit came again. “Halmeoni.” I squealed. How was she so strong? I was lost between calming Halmeoni down and kicking Bang so hard that he would shut up.

“Omo.” Her attitude change when she looked over at Bang. She reached for his hand and smiled. “Thank you for taking care of Na Ri, she was so stubborn that I didn’t know if she would ever find someone.” I scoffed at the attention Bang was getting. Never mind, I totally did not expect this.

“It does take someone amazing to put up with her.” Bang was adding fuel to the fire. I was so ready for him to be sent back to prison.

“And I want you to know that I don’t see you as a criminal. I thought what you did was good.”

“Thank you.” Bangs smiled at her.

I gaped as Halmeoni giggled like a school girl. “Halmeoni –“

“Shush Na Ri, adults are talking.” The least she could do is look at me as she said that. But instead, her eyes were on Bang.

“Halmeoni!”

I tried again and this time she looked over at me. “What?!”  

“I came here to tell you something also, not just introducing you guys!”

“Well, what is it?”

“Today is your last day here.” I broke the news to her and you should have seen her face. I don’t even think it registered because she continued staring trying to see if I was going to scream ‘just kidding!’

“Are you lying?”

“Nope, you’ll be getting your last shot today.” I smiled at her.

“No more shots?”

“Nope and I’ll personally come pick you up.” I grabbed from my jacket an envelope. “You will have nothing to worry about. I prepared your new house.” She took the paper from my hand speechless. “And you also said how much you liked cooking.”

She looked up at me. “What else is there?” Her face full of disbelief.

“This.” I handed her another envelope. “Your new restaurant.” I beamed at her.

“Na Ri –“

“It wasn’t an issue setting those up for you. I was paid well when I was working under him.” I pointed at Bang. She grabbed me into a hug. “Thank you so much.” I heard her sniffle and I rubbed her back. She pulled apart and wiped her eyes.

“So you did get with your boss.” She laughed out loud and I shook my head.

“We ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter